The Dagarim Aran

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: The Dagarim Aran

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 04 Jun 2010 16:11

Fourtcoer quit the Dagarim Aran's :(

The roleplay between he and Tarax leading up to that was very fun for both of us I think.
I think he was a bit pressured to leave by knighthood because of AA using him as an (another) excuse to attack VK.
I don't think I went over the top pressurising him, attempting to corrupt him, beating him up etc..
In turn he tried to bring me into the light, make me a better person, mino for the cause of good etc.. :shock:
Ying and Yang.

A bit sorry to see the Dagars loose a good member over the conflict which "naturally" followed the roleplaying between us.
He is militia tho, so hopefully an interest in ME (and conflicts/plots/attempts to turn each other) will still be part of his RP :)

Think the Knights could maybe look at AA attacks as just another event for the Keep, sort of like Kitiara?
You have a pretty good chance to get one of use killed off there afterall.
Turn the hunter into the hunted etc...

Was a pretty big shock when I first attacked the keep and the "new" guards moved to block me.
Had a bit of an OH Sh1T moment just because I wasn't expecting it. :lol:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 04 Jun 2010 17:23

Haha yea those guards can be wicked Tarax :p
Been that way for some time now though :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 04 Jun 2010 22:26

Well I hope being in the Dagarim Aran is not a pre-requisite for RPing with you Tarax, otherwise I may have to rejoin. ;)

I'm not sure if any one party realized how frequent the attacks on VK have been lately - in some cases down to killing Gunthar (preventing *anyone* from doing his quests for an entire Arma cycle) and the trainers (preventing training) and shops/smith/etc. The attacks didn't always come from the same person or group so I'm not sure how intentional it was, but guild services were being disabled with some frequency. Really it was starting to feel like VK was everyone's personal punching bag.

While no one in the Conclave had directly told me to leave, I was "reminded" that the Knighthood has no formal alliance with the Dagarim Aran, and I felt it best to leave on my own before anyone in my guild started to get too aggravated at me for stirring the shit. The Knighthood is not really in the strongest position right now, so I'm hoping that at some point the timing will be right for the guild to get more involved in conflicts. Right now, the feeling in the Knighthood seems to be that dealing with Krynn-based conflict is about all the guild can handle right now.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 05 Jun 2010 01:54

Fourtcoer wrote:The Knighthood is not really in the strongest position right now, so I'm hoping that at some point the timing will be right for the guild to get more involved in conflicts. Right now, the feeling in the Knighthood seems to be that dealing with Krynn-based conflict is about all the guild can handle right now.
I agree with Fourtcoer here. The Knights were just beginning to foster some activity when the recent conflicts occurred, and most of the new ones don't really have a taste for PvP. Hopefully when things calm down some will return.

On the other hand, I played a nice cat and mouse on the Eastern Solamnian Plains with Ilrahil. It was fun, though I wonder, why is it that everyone who's tried to PvP kill me always uses darkness against me? Unfortunately, Earth didn't have enough light so he had no choice but to retreat. Luckily the plains are huge, and being mounted has its advantages. He got some time here and there to kill some smaller guards while a skull was watching.

Still, it would be fun to have a conflict in light sometime, in that case Earth would more likely stay and fight...*nudge Ilrahil*

In any case, I would like to continue to foster the healthy conflict in the plains that we have as of late...Just make sure things don't go too overboard, else you may eliminate the competition before the competition starts...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 05 Jun 2010 04:12

Fourtcoer wrote: - in some cases down to killing Gunthar (preventing *anyone* from doing his quests for an entire Arma cycle)
You can kill Gunthar now? :D
He was a peace room for ages, I moaned about that a lot but the wizzies then where not going to be changing it soon..
Goes back a long time when I sneaked in and tried to kill him alone.
Couldn't went walking about and met Earth chatted a bit then left.

Cool if thats changed, I hate peace rooms, just make the npc a challenge...

I still have no idea why Theros in Solace is protected..
Guess he is a quest npc too, but so.. Make him nasty and he will be there most of the time anyway.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 05 Jun 2010 06:41

If you are looking for something fancy, try killing some of the myths in Palanthas (the leather worker, the smith, etc) ;-)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 05 Jun 2010 09:56

Was fun Earth. Would have stayed but had work IRL at the time that i had to get going to. As to the darkness it was something I had with me so I used it. But consider the challenge accepted :D The realms are seeing more PVP and its something I personally am grateful for. In the last 24 hours I've been engaged with 6 different players. None resulted in deaths but still got the adrenaline pumping and was a blast... Actually made genesis fun again, and it was all battles that people stuck around for as long as possible, retreated, and returned or we had already left.

Props to you Fourtcoer for trying to take on two people larger than yourself in defence of VK. Was definitely honorable.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 05 Jun 2010 09:57

Plus the darkness..... Its something I just can't let go from my days as a vampyr. Nostalgia and all ;)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Jun 2010 12:15

Had half hoped that just for sport you two would attack me there Ilrahil :p
Would have made for a fun fight i think :)

Anyway good to see that some people nurture the conflicts again without just trying to get cheap kills.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 05 Jun 2010 16:29

Would have Amber if there hadn't been 13 other knights in the room and the darkness cancelled.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/