Parlay!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Parlay!

Post by Alorrana » 22 May 2010 01:48

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Parlay!

Post by gorboth » 23 May 2010 05:30

Interesting idea ... how many of you would, if offered a chance to parlay, take your opponent/victim up on it?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 23 May 2010 06:38

How would it work? If it offers it to the other, it would be the same as stop fighting, so it could actually replace it. Besides, who determines when it ends? Time based? Would it force people to stay in the room? Blocking an exit while you are in parlay should break it, and on the contrary starting a parlay would call for block ending... I would suggest replacing stop fighting with parlay, and after one rejected (or broken) parlay, not being able to use it again in a good while. Also, if the one asking for it is a member of a team all battle against the team should stop, not only against the one asking for it. Sounds complex.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 23 May 2010 08:25

In my opinion, Rhynox, if you're in team, you shouldn't have an option to parlay. Only when you're alone.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 23 May 2010 12:01

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 23 May 2010 13:01

So "Parlay out;execute script to gtfo home" wont work then? Will it auto block for the duration of the parlay? Making ones friends able to get there instead? Really bad idea imo dues to extremelly easy abuse

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 23 May 2010 16:41

Alorrana wrote: I know you Neidars enjoy wacking off smaller players...
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 23 May 2010 20:51

Alorrana wrote:Parlay

just an idea.. if one say was attacked by some either for good or bad, the attacked one could
stop the fight temperarely to parlay! make terms. and if not. then the fight woud continue.. A bit like stop fighting.. but a stop fighting when you want to actually try and rp your way out.

just a wicked thought.

I think this is a great idea! Life will be easier for newbies if they can get some explanation to the hostile actions before they get slaughtered.

It probabaly wouldnt have helped me when I met the AA Legend on the ship though.Somehow I get the feeling that fair play isnt in the vocabulary used by AA... :-)..

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 23 May 2010 23:42

Geez Chamdin! Enough with the whining!! Yes we all know by now you got pulped by a big bad mean AA... Most of us sympathize with you and agree
that it was a cowardly bad thing, but come on!! Dude, relax! At that size you are recovered in 10 min tops if you join a grinding team and hit the favorite locations..

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 23 May 2010 23:54

Elita wrote:Geez Chamdin! Enough with the whining!! Yes we all know by now you got pulped by a big bad mean AA... Most of us sympathize with you and agree
that it was a cowardly bad thing, but come on!! Dude, relax! At that size you are recovered in 10 min tops if you join a grinding team and hit the favorite locations..

'lol'

Do you really think I whine or playfully tease Alorrana?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/