Krynnish Warfare

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Earth
Great Adventurer

Re: Krynnish Warfare

Post by Earth » 07 Jun 2010 19:14

Ilrahil wrote:I'd like to see BDA guards upgraded a bit. Knights prove a challenge for someone under champion at times, and Neidar guards are just impossible unless you are large to do solo. And like Rhynox said RDA guards do fast damage but I've fought BDA guards with other characters in the past and they are just plain weak.
Hmm...for someone of Earth's size, BDA recruits are easy to kill, but officers still rock Earth's behind, especially if they are in pairs or leading a team of auraks or other guards. I do agree with Rhynox though, RDA guards are much harder because of the wounds. Even though the relative size is the same, the bloody wounds really do slow you down.

I do HATE the blue dragons though. Lightning really hurts...

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 07 Jun 2010 19:24

I am not sure if the knight guards only rescue or block too nowadays, but BDA and RDA guards are the only ones that hunt you (I think the BDA ones only hunt you when you are pretty hurt, while the RDA ones hunt you at all times).

I need to take my time to conquer from RDA ones, but also consider the size of Rhynox. If you were to make a challenge for me, it would make it pretty hard to conquer for most other neidars. I am not sure how the neidar or knight guards work, but just before you conquer an area from the armies a big team pops up (with two officers, one or two auraks, and a couple of sivaks or soldiers). This last team is awfully strong, and I cannot beat it in one stand. The dragonfear accumulation plus the champion-size of the officers and the mental tricks from the auraks (to which neidars are pretty weak) make it a real challenge, and give some time to the area to reset some more guards.

From what I saw, neidar guards are pretty easy to take down. The problem arises in their skill to hit weapons and the boars (although I don't think they still trap you in the room). I have seen teams of one legend and one titan cleaning through a neidar area (in fact, I remember seeing Fornax alone conquering Nightlund, and he was just titan or so). Maybe it was changed, but neidar guards don't rage, use any of our defense skills, or slam. However, our guards never have anything good on them (contrary to rose knights with scalemails and auraks with dragonscales, roncones, halberds, boots, etc).

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 07 Jun 2010 19:36

They got updated when Neidar got updated. They battlerage, chop/crush, and slam now

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 07 Jun 2010 19:41

Cool, will try fighting one once I am able to log back. I don't want to get killed like when I attacked one of the guild guards by mistake, but would like testing their abilities. What I noticed was that whenever a conquering team entered a room with a guard, he would autoattack. Not sure if that happened because the team had attacked another team in the area, or because they had killed one of the dwarf's team members and were returning.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 07 Jun 2010 19:41

I think in past the neidar guards used to have ranks similar to DA npcs. There were just warriors and also stronger battleragers who could use slam. Unless i remember it wrong.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 07 Jun 2010 19:45

Yes, you could hire three kind of neidars and two kind of boars, but nowadays they are pretty random. The more guards in the area, the more senior guards that will appear. However, I only got to see them chopping weapons, never raging or slamming.

In any case, I logged a week ago and noticed we weren't holding any area, not even Estwilde, so there must have been some teams in Krynn battling around, as Tarax mentioned.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2010 00:09

Seems that the more plains you hold the better the quality of guards on them.
But it is maybe just because the plains have been held for longer as well..
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 08 Jun 2010 01:12

Rhynox wrote:However, our guards never have anything good on them (contrary to rose knights with scalemails and auraks with dragonscales, roncones, halberds, boots, etc).
I am pretty sure (unless it was changed very recently) that there are no dragonscales, scale plated chainmails nor boots on warfare area guards (red and blue).
Those armours can be found on other draconians, but not on the warfare area guards.
I used to find just weapons: glaives, lethal dragon forged daggers, claymores, roncones, halberds.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Jun 2010 01:55

glaives, scales, boots and scale-plared chain mails are there :p
The rest i dont know about though.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Jun 2010 03:31

sharn wrote:I am pretty sure (unless it was changed very recently) that there are no dragonscales, scale plated chainmails nor boots on warfare area guards (red and blue).
Those armours can be found on other draconians, but not on the warfare area guards.
I used to find just weapons: glaives, lethal dragon forged daggers, claymores, roncones, halberds.
You may be right, it has been a long time since I last fought them. It may be that I killed the camp auraks while conquering North Abanasinia and some of the items fell from him instead of the guards.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/