Knights wanted!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Knights wanted!

Post by Laurel » 10 Jun 2010 11:47

Laurel can join too, if she's allowed to use the black maul 2-handed during the show :twisted:

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 10 Jun 2010 15:27

sounds like a strange and pointless idea to me

why not organize a tournament in tyr instead?

i somehow dont think you have loads of newbies lined up and waiting for this?

besides, two people standing in place is nothing like a 'real fight' in Genesis... so it will offer nothing :) but i guess that's why you need KoS as they enjoy dying honourably!

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Jun 2010 16:48

I don't want to make the tournament, just to show some flashy things (dragons, charge, some spells flying around etc.).
And there's a surprisingly large amount of new or returning players (at least 5 of them!).

If you don't like the initiative, you don't need to be a part of it. Even if no one is going to come, the meeting will still happen, newbies (and not just them) could use some socializing etc.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Jun 2010 19:25

My initial question too was, "How do you know there will be interested real newbies?" The odds of true newbies arriving at the said time is probably slim, but so what, no harm in trying. Gatherings are usually fun anyways. I think Cherek was a hero knight with horse and all when he wizzed. Sounds like what you needed, you're just about 5 years late! :)

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 10 Jun 2010 22:19

Going a bit of topic here, but with tournament idea having been brought up.

Is it just me who thinks the arena should be moved to sparkle instead?

Or at least make an arena there, Tyr is too far from everything to make people who
just casual login to go check it out. I bet if we had an arena in Sparkle it would have
a much bigger potential crowd than any tournament in Tyr.

Or am I the only lazy s.o.b around ;)?

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 11 Jun 2010 00:40

I would like to challenge Beregond to a duel.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 Jun 2010 15:24

Cherek wrote:My initial question too was, "How do you know there will be interested real newbies?" The odds of true newbies arriving at the said time is probably slim, but so what, no harm in trying. Gatherings are usually fun anyways. I think Cherek was a hero knight with horse and all when he wizzed. Sounds like what you needed, you're just about 5 years late! :)
Cherek left the knights and joined the BDA Mr Memory..
Trying the darkside before it was too late.. :twisted:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 Jun 2010 00:19

Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Cherek wrote:My initial question too was, "How do you know there will be interested real newbies?" The odds of true newbies arriving at the said time is probably slim, but so what, no harm in trying. Gatherings are usually fun anyways. I think Cherek was a hero knight with horse and all when he wizzed. Sounds like what you needed, you're just about 5 years late! :)
Cherek left the knights and joined the BDA Mr Memory..
Trying the darkside before it was too late.. :twisted:
Oh thats true. I actually forgot that. Became a co... err minotaur too, I remember now. :)

Knuffel
Wanderer

Post by Knuffel » 13 Jun 2010 09:22

And when is this going to happen ?
Any dates ?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 13 Jun 2010 22:48

No dates atm.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.