Blocking, pfighting and the old days.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bofur
Greenhorne

Re: Blocking, pfighting and the old days.

Post by Bofur » 29 Jun 2010 20:04

Still its pooooor Neidar then, even after recode. Join something else then, take what wizards provide if u dont like what u got, you've been there long enough.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 29 Jun 2010 20:05

I protest in my own way, not playing.

fulgrim
Apprentice

Post by fulgrim » 30 Jun 2010 01:03

Rhynox wrote:Players of evil characters just want to deal damage. If they were given ranger abilities and were not able to kill anyone (just like the rangers), and on the contrary the good guilds were given spellcasting powers to turn them into living torches and cinder in three seconds, I am sure they would complain.

They just join the guilds that offer the best PvP possibilities, ogres and angmar nowadays. So, I don't think any wizard should waste his time coding something they would never use.
Uhmmm....

I think every player would prefer more damage in contrast to less damage. Would you perhaps like to forfeit your damage dealing abilities?

Come on Rhynox. You need to lighten up. Plus, I don't think what you're saying is true. Even some of the more (seemingly) pvp-heavy "evil" players are in necromancers, smiths, etc. that don't offer much damage dealing.
Also, I haven't even attacked another player with this character and I don't feel like doing it either. I may engage in PVP sometime but I am not sure I will ever instigate it... Of course if there is a war I will have to fight like everybody else, I suppose.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 30 Jun 2010 03:01

Bofur wrote:Still its pooooor Neidar then, even after recode. Join something else then, take what wizards provide if u dont like what u got, you've been there long enough.
only what Rhynox wanted to say in my opinion that ogres tank very well, not so good like Neidar, but it is recompansate with better damage than Neidar, thats all. Our damage is really weak, I do more damage with layman guild than ooc even at max off

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 30 Jun 2010 03:51

fulgrim wrote:Would you perhaps like to forfeit your damage dealing abilities?
We did when we were recoded.

Don't misunderstand me, the neidars are a beautiful guild, got the best recode from all Genesis, and Rhynox will likely never leave them. However, why do you think there are so few interested in becoming neidars? Because a) dwarf race is the worst, really slow, misses very often, and gets boosts at discipline which is a complete waste of experience; b) you can obtain enough protection wearing armours and using items, at some points matching or even surpassing the neidar skills (huge AC armours like the midnight platemail and the silvanesti shield, plus spells/potions like stone and steel skin, boosts in dexterity and evasion, etc); c) as you say people prefer to deal damage than receive it (as Irk mentioned, shieldbearer slam does more damage than neidar crush... it was really painful to stay as a smith when they were layman, because my damage capabilities were just above a cadet); and d) (which applies to several guilds as well) we require an active guildmaster that is able to fix several bugs in the guild itself.

It doesn't have to do with the members or the council. Even if it were free to join, people would join, test them, and then leave. It happens with everyone who joins, so why it wouldn't for those that can try it for free?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Jun 2010 10:19

Laurel wrote:
Rhynox wrote:When was the last time a global character purge was done? I think we have already passed the landmark for the next one.
quite honest - how many of us would really stay active after such a thing ...?
honestly ... if it was done with the following assumptions:

1. purge ONLY other exp than quest exp (battle, general)
2. purge names (allow to repick names)
3. allow no-restrictions guild joining for the next few weeks after purge
4. block PvP for up to 3 months (to disallow guild wars being started by utter jerks)
5. purge ALL skills, but give everybody 1-2k pc on account
6. give all players the option to join evil/goodie upon char repick (just like current newbie content finish)

I would reconsider joining in for this - really

AAAAND - focus would need to be put on seconds taking over guild leadership after such a thing (IP tracking with harsh rules on second usage ... the "it's my brother" bs should stop somewhere ...)

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 30 Jun 2010 15:58

Stay on topic.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/