Blocking, pfighting and the old days.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Blocking, pfighting and the old days.

Post by Rhynox » 26 Jun 2010 18:11

Note that I don't think exiling Irk is a solution either, because Bale, Tarax and the calians will continue their massacre. For something to work out, everyone should take a serious break, meet at a pub, and work out an agreement. For example, create a list of names and descriptions of all those interested in fighting, and fight between them only (aka, implementing the PvP flag ourselves). It is not fair that people who are not interested in conflicts are killed just because they have the bad luck of being online at the same time as a killer team of an opposite guild.

Otherwise, the only solution will be to kick out of the game people that focus on their fun (Bale, Ahith, etc) because, in the end, the game will be a huge empty world where two teams grind during a while and then fight each other. We tried supporting players who liked pfighting (even bringing some of them back, like Lindros), letting new pkillers run around doing what they want (Bale, Ahith, Freya, etc), and nowadays we are in this current situation of an empty realm with barely 30 players around. I think it is time to say fuck them off, kick them out of the game, and see what happens.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 26 Jun 2010 20:14

Players aren't without fault in all of this, but let's remember wizards made a conscious decision encouraging this type of behavior.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

fulgrim
Apprentice

Post by fulgrim » 26 Jun 2010 21:08

Rhynox wrote: We tried supporting players who liked pfighting (even bringing some of them back, like Lindros), letting new pkillers run around doing what they want (Bale, Ahith, Freya, etc), and nowadays we are in this current situation of an empty realm with barely 30 players around. I think it is time to say fuck them off, kick them out of the game, and see what happens.
I don't like what you are saying. You give me the impression that I came back to a game that is in the doldrums because of a crappy playerbase. It doesn't make me feel happy to be back.
I noticed there are few people on sometimes but I sorta figured it was because, honestly, Genesis isn't exactly a state of the art MOG. It's one of the best ones ever made, for many reasons, but... Well, you know.
I'm not really sure I buy what you are saying. Pfighting has always been around, and so have players who aren't quite right in the head (to be frank).

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 27 Jun 2010 02:47

Everyone has a different perception of the game. For over the last 11 years I have been playing a single character (even my second should have already been deleted), and I have seen how it grew and diminished, time and again. What makes me sad is that we continue to repeat the same mistakes. Guilds that grow too strong until they must be closed, characters that become too problematic until they must be deleted, etc.

Players lack responsibility. That is the truth. Gone are the days when you fought others with it. Don't attack someone who is in an opposite guild just because of his affiliation. Don't attack someone outside the war areas. Don't kill someone who is idling. Once you kill someone, all his sins are forgiven until the next fault. Don't harass, if you can't kill someone in 50 tries, take a month's rest and continue again later. Nobody likes to be chased forever. If someone attacks you but you beat the hell out of him, don't chase him, he wanted to have some fun and got it, no need to turn it into a carnage just because you can. If you need to kick someone from an area, but he is much smaller, don't use specials. He will eventually understand and leave. Don't kill someone's friends just because you can't kill him, that is the lowest you can go (especially if you are much bigger than his friends). Respect the rules of engagement, know that people from other guild will likely assist his leader if you attack him. If you kill him, there is no need to kill his team members, they may have assisted out of support but not under free will. And don't start hunting them because they assisted unless they also take the initiative in attacks.

Well. It could be that it was just me who played by those rules, which would make me extremely sad.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 27 Jun 2010 03:23

Unfortunantly not many think like that Rhynox.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 27 Jun 2010 04:41

Rhynox why did you mention about Ahith? :|

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 27 Jun 2010 10:35

Irk wrote:Rhynox why did you mention about Ahith? :|

Cause hes been involved in alot of pkills/pattacks?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 27 Jun 2010 12:30

What i think is wonderful.
Is Bale and his total lack of consideration.
I actually thought he would start thinking after he was on the reciving end for a while himself..
I was wrong..

Funny how he whined when he got hunted and killed so much after his return, because of old sins(Yes people in genesis have an amazing talent at holding grudges)
And now he continues like he used to do..

Wonder how much whining we must endure from him when people starts getting back at him.. And then getting back again and again..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 27 Jun 2010 15:13

Draugor wrote:
Irk wrote:Rhynox why did you mention about Ahith? :|

Cause hes been involved in alot of pkills/pattacks?
yup, but usualy he was attacked first or rather I was attacked in team with him and later he assisted me. Thats why I was suprised Rhynox mentioned about him. Tristram is much more active in attacking around even solo.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 27 Jun 2010 18:06

[Moderator - post removed. We do not say things like this to other forum users. Do not do it again, please.]

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/