Random funsies

Laughter should fill this community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Random funsies

Post by Arcon » 12 May 2013 23:30

Surströmming is a famous swedish dish and someone from Finland was kind enough to send some people in Texas a can of it and they posted the video of :twisted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d81_1366853584

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 May 2013 00:34

Funniest thing I've seen in ages. I'm Norwegian but I've never heard of that stuff! I thought Lutefisk was bad! What is this Swedish evil??

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 14 May 2013 20:10

Gorbie, surströmming is rakfisk, that is, fermented, partially rotted herring :)

And lutefisk and rakfisk are both disgusting nasty things. Who eats fish that has been turned into jello by storing it in a highly toxic solvent? And who eats partially rotted fish?
Flee you fools!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 14 May 2013 20:17

Icarus wrote:Gorbie, surströmming is rakfisk, that is, fermented, partially rotted herring :)

And lutefisk and rakfisk are both disgusting nasty things. Who eats fish that has been turned into jello by storing it in a highly toxic solvent? And who eats partially rotted fish?
Swedes apparently.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 14 May 2013 20:23

Greneth wrote:
Icarus wrote:Gorbie, surströmming is rakfisk, that is, fermented, partially rotted herring :)

Swedes apparently.
Actually, the 'lutefisk' is Norwegian, and we also have a rakfisk type, raklaks (fermented salmon) and rakørret (fermented trout)... I don't touch the shit, I actually did eat a very small piece of raklaks once, and I was sick as a dog for a day after. No more rotting fish for me. And the 'lutefisk' is translated to 'lyefish' if you like, it's been soaking in a water/lye mixture for two days, making it hold a PH of 11 to 12 and is TOXIC at that point... Hey, I don't care that they water it out with pure water for 11-14 days after, before it's served as food, I do not eat fish that's been soaking in lye, lye is toxic, so f*** off :)
Flee you fools!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 14 May 2013 21:05

Bah, Icarus! You call yourself Norwegian?

Naturally, like my ancestors before me, I have a polite helping of Lutefisk each Christmas Eve with the rest of my family. I think it is sort of like snake venom. The more times you get bit by a snake, the more your own blood acts as an antidote. I've eaten the poison since a lad, so I'll still be standing and Icarus will be in the ditch moaning about his belly (as he already freely admits.)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 May 2013 21:11

I pass the lutefisk/gravørret/laks and let someone else eat that wicked stuff. Alike with surstrømning, all this sounds like spellcomponents for some very putrid and wicked magic.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 14 May 2013 23:53

gorboth wrote:Bah, Icarus! You call yourself Norwegian?

Naturally, like my ancestors before me, I have a polite helping of Lutefisk each Christmas Eve with the rest of my family. I think it is sort of like snake venom. The more times you get bit by a snake, the more your own blood acts as an antidote. I've eaten the poison since a lad, so I'll still be standing and Icarus will be in the ditch moaning about his belly (as he already freely admits.)

G.
I do, and I don't eat stuff that belong in a garbage can, and that's the truth.
kas wrote:I pass the lutefisk/gravørret/laks and let someone else eat that wicked stuff. Alike with surstrømning, all this sounds like spellcomponents for some very putrid and wicked magic.
And you are even an undead, and you avoid the wicked stuff? What you eat then? Flyffy bunnies? Fluffy gnomes? :lol:
Flee you fools!

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 15 May 2013 18:57

Undead or not, there are Limits even for us. Cooked halflings, poarched gnomes and roasted elves are some of the more classic ingredients you find in the Morgul kitchen.

A dish with roasted elf, seasoned with hemlock, basil and oregano, sauced over with a mixture of ghash water, boiled elf-blood, and a pinch of salt = A culinary experience.

But the fish-stuff mentioned earlier corrode steel and melt concrete easily.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 15 May 2013 19:11

Kas wrote:Undead or not, there are Limits even for us. Cooked halflings, poarched gnomes and roasted elves are some of the more classic ingredients you find in the Morgul kitchen.

A dish with roasted elf, seasoned with hemlock, basil and oregano, sauced over with a mixture of ghash water, boiled elf-blood, and a pinch of salt = A culinary experience.

But the fish-stuff mentioned earlier corrode steel and melt concrete easily.
This forum needs a "like" button :)
Flee you fools!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/