Second characters

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Second characters

Post by Cherek » 07 Feb 2011 17:35

Gotta agree with Laurel here.:)

If you have so many grudges with your current char... chances är A) People will figure out who your "new" char is pretty quick. B) Even if they dont figure it out right away, your behavior will most likely have them figure it out anyway, or start new grudges.

If you really want a fresh start the absolute best way is to make a new char, tell NOBODY about it. RP completely different than you other chars.

And you cant do that without actually starting from scratch.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 07 Feb 2011 17:41

sure, what ever would be awsome, but really you think people have these grudges.
I get mad at all and everything, but i dont hold any grudges or anything.. when the angry hose is shut i remember its still just a game, and if i wronged anyone in my anger i usually apologize.. so i dont think anyone holds on to such grudges..? you really do ?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 07 Feb 2011 17:51

Alorrana wrote:sure, what ever would be awsome, but really you think people have these grudges.
I get mad at all and everything, but i dont hold any grudges or anything.. when the angry hose is shut i remember its still just a game, and if i wronged anyone in my anger i usually apologize.. so i dont think anyone holds on to such grudges..? you really do ?
I've played different game for many years and a lot of people playing these games take it way to serious.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Feb 2011 17:58

OgreToyBoy wrote:I've played different game for many years and a lot of people playing these games take it way to serious.
"you goddamn fucking idiot noob, go play with your mom, stupid fucker and halfbrains, stop feeding them/doing whatever/etc."

sounds prety much like every online game with any sort of chat ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Feb 2011 18:24

Laurel wrote:and what makes you all think it would be a fresh start? a new quick-growing, all-knowing, well-performing char has been born ... into a society of 20 more or less active people, who play the same game for the last YEARS ... while another disappeared ... ye, right - namechange is the key ...

btw. how do you always know what's the name of Poet's next char? by the smell/looks/touch?
Ive seen several random characters pop up even recently that I have never seen before all at Titan+ each claiming to be a very oooold character and know this game including new areas like the back of their hand. Yet no one questions it or even has a clue who they belong to or if they really are just old characters. And its kind of insulting to say that people would be able to tell who is who since between my 3 mains that I have had over the years no one was able to tell until I gave out the info that they were mine. One of them no one had a clue about for a year. So I believe I am quite different then Poet and whose to say I would be using a character you've seen on recently? I may use one that hasn't been seen in years so who the hell is going to know other then me?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Feb 2011 20:02

Somme womeone might be actually resurecting their old characters.
As i understand it you say that they aer old characters.. Sure they might be but that doesnt exclude that they have played other characters meanwhile.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Creed

Post by Creed » 07 Feb 2011 22:54

If this idea of copying qxp should work, you would need to make it come gradually, I think.

So, you would get all your qxp, but not all at once. More like spread out over a period of 10 days played.
So for every hour played, you would gain 1/240 of your collected qxp. That way you could grow up like anyone else would, focus on your guild RP and grinding, while the qxp slowly built themselves up.

This would of course mean that a whole ton of people would be standing idle, so something should be done in the code, so you cannot get more than 10 oe 12 hours of "growth" in every 24 hours..
I don't believe that anyone would _play_ more than an average of max 12 hours a day.

That way the new young ones we hope to attract, would also have some other small ones to talk to and play with, who just had an advantage of not having to do all the quests again.
And it would not be that obvious that someone was a second. That in itself would be a nice benefit. It might make people try harder in seperating their characters.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/