Second characters

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Postmaster
Wizard

Second characters

Post by Postmaster » 06 Feb 2011 10:47

Originally posted by Zar

Hello

I have an idea how to keep players playing a bit more.
I think that two main reasons for abandoning this beautiful place are:
Disappointment and Boredom.

Sometimes it is boring to keep all the same routine in the same guild,
in the same areas, in the same alignment etc.
But invested time and effort in the character prevents people from hopping
to expirience new ways of game. And this is where boredom strikes...

I think one of good ways to fight boredom is to start new second character
that will live his new life.
But the most disappointing thing in new character that new character has to
complete all quests player knows. And this is hell... Doing quests is
interesting for first time, but repeating it is absolutely boring.

I suggest that second character will share quest exp of main characters.
Of course it will be done only for registered seconds.
It will keep bored players in game.

Best regards
Zar's player

PS. This way can be good to motivate people to register second chars.
It will prevent illegal seconds.

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Second characters

Post by Johnny » 06 Feb 2011 20:27

This... is... BRILLIANT! Sure your second will grow insanely fast but it would be amazing!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 06 Feb 2011 21:14

Would be a nice thing with a few limits on it, such as you can only use it aftr hitting 100 days like the wise people, limited to only 1 or 2 other characters. Personally I just want a name change ability.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Feb 2011 00:47

Greneth wrote:I just want a name change ability.
why? as long your name is not one of the everlasting negative legends of Gen ... what's the issue?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 07 Feb 2011 00:53

I think you should be able to retire you character if you wanted, in the guild he or her serves, then a statue would appear in a hall of memories or what ever could be done. Transfere your quest xp and perhaps one items thats dear to you in your characters belongings, and then start fresh. With the Q xp transfered, and new name and all. This way, the Old tired myths could retire, and they could have fun making a new character unknown to anyone. New life basic. and those who liked the idea of playing an ancient myth could do so aswell.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Feb 2011 01:04

Ill say what I always say when this topic comes up, why just quest XP? Personally I would much rather get my combat XP transferred so I dont have to grind my second up again...

Or why not both then? Just clone all the XP?

Anyway, what if you clone your main char with half of the quests done. Will quests you do after the clone keep being copied to your other chars? So if one char makes a quest, everyone get the XP? Or? Otherwise you still need to do all quests twice once you have cloned the XP. And what if I am a goblin, I make a neutral human second, who does all the quests the goblin cant, and voila, cloned XP! Or the other way around, make your first neutral and do all quests, then clone it to as many chars you want of any race or guild. Or I use my grinding char, grow him to myth, then clone him and get a myth caster too. (if we should clone all the XP). And how about stat-focus? When you clone your XP, what focus will the new char have on stats?

Lots of issues that needs a solution for something like this to work. And everytime a completley new pacifistic expert arrives to the game, everyone knows its a second and will most likely be very suspicious...

To be honest I think the current second-system works fine. Nobody needs to know its a second, or third or fourth, and everyone starts on the same spot. But I have never been one who wanted a bunch of characters since I can barely manage to keep up with one.

I dont believe in name-changes either. Same thing, suddenly some legend nobody ever heard of appears. Everyone gets suspicious, tries to find out who it is, rumours is going to start and before we know it most people know who it is anyway. And then we start over with a new name-change? No I think it would do more bad than good.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 07 Feb 2011 01:12

Indeed, lots of issues with it. But stil i think it could give some new life to the game, how many old, discarded myths are around, just collecting dust ? then simply retire him/her and then transfere either q or c xp or both... what ever, dont really care. But I care to keep the old players around, and getting new ones in.. It just needs to be an option i think.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Feb 2011 02:27

The retirement idea is nifty

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Feb 2011 03:04

Laurel wrote:
Greneth wrote:I just want a name change ability.
why? as long your name is not one of the everlasting negative legends of Gen ... what's the issue?
Genesis is a political high school drama, piss one person off and they hold a grudge for quite some time on several different levels.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Feb 2011 10:48

and what makes you all think it would be a fresh start? a new quick-growing, all-knowing, well-performing char has been born ... into a society of 20 more or less active people, who play the same game for the last YEARS ... while another disappeared ... ye, right - namechange is the key ...

btw. how do you always know what's the name of Poet's next char? by the smell/looks/touch?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/