stat cap

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Postmaster
Wizard

stat cap

Post by Postmaster » 17 Jul 2011 06:25

Originally posted by Elroy

How do you guys feel about enforcing a stat cap when reaching
champion?

Plus, however you trained your stats is what you're stuck
with.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Alorrana
Myth

Re: stat cap

Post by Alorrana » 17 Jul 2011 12:59

How about not!

Again this capping bs comes up, Im almost a myth, Ive worked my ass of for it through 13 years.

There is a Quest cap, that must be enough, Capping the game at champion would uber suck.. Whats to fight for then..? we all eventually get to the same size. whoo hooo.. not FUN. this isnt some stupid wowish game where we are capped, If i want to grind my ass off until i can onstrike the balrog, then ffs let me.. If you dont have the time or will or lust to play that much, then dont..

No myths, or Legends will kill champions of lower with out a valid reason for the kill. And then you proberly deserved it should it happen..

If we cap the game alot of players are going to leave and not comeback. Many players here play to become the biggest (might not want to hear it, but its a fact) they see their character as a number that just needs to get bigger and bigger, and its alright, we all play for different reasons.

Caps isnt the answer here. Make combat caps insted. Legends and myths could only attack legends and myths. from champ and down the game was free. Add some play in to it.. You "just a champion" you dont have the guts to attack this mighty legend/myth.. yadda yadda.. do what ever its needed for the smaller ones to feel safe.. But capping the stats isnt the answer.

Cap titles, Cap quests, Cap you ass if that makes you happy, But DONT, and I repeat DONT touch my stats I worked SOOOOOO bloody hard on for years and years.. If the rest of you cant get to myth, Not my fault, or any other myth or legend in game..

We spend more time ingame, work harder for guilds, grind harder, RP harder(in some cases) Use our size for the fear effect.. And we should be punished ?? Im sorry but that just doesnt make any bloody sense to me.. Like if, All the quest you did, and then because people like me who do NOT like to quest, whined, and you loose 50% of you Quest XP. Would that be fair. ?

The great thing about genesis is that you can grow Insainly huge, but it also requires alot of time doing it.. Irk, Freya, Seren, Rage, Xar and all the other colossuses we have.. They didnt get it for free.. They also worked their asses off to get to the sizes they are now.(please dont turn this in to an Irk bots grief thread) We all do it. And its legal when at the screen so. DONE.

But all of us with supreme stats worked for them, died, pissed blood, stopped playing, returned, bla bla bla, through many many many years.. and im sorry if you feel you cant keep up.. just to bad for you and Not really my problem.

Many Myths are loners, capping them to champs with the stats would mean teaming.. Ok fair enough thats not a bad thought. Teams is good, RP and all. Woot !... BUT !! we dont have filled enough guilds to always find team mates to hang with.. Sure some do, but not all. And many i know are loners, loners who team up with other loners for a period, then they go solo again.. again CAP IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Look when the first cap hit how many simply walked out of the game and never returned.
Why.. because you take away years and years of hard work from people and tell them to just deal with it.. Not the best way to do things.

Anyways, if a Cap comes i can mention the first 20 players that will leave and not play anymore, myself included, and proberly more..

Alors angry angry player !
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Jul 2011 13:30

I sent Elroy a reply in game. Bottom line - not going to happen.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Jul 2011 13:31

good.

Alors Happy happy Player :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 17 Jul 2011 15:45

I want the cap to be my stats, so the cap increase all the time :lol:

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 18 Jul 2011 00:24

gorboth wrote:I sent Elroy a reply in game. Bottom line - not going to happen.

G.

There will be a cap eventually...you'll see..... ;)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Jul 2011 06:16

Well, there is one already, but its the soft type. Just ask any super-myth how much work they have to do to get much progress. The climb becomes so steep that the cap is effectively in place. Yes, you can continue to grow, but ... wow ... sloooooow.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 18 Jul 2011 10:05

Afaik (based on my own calculations + basic assumptions + a lot of testing and re-calculations) stat growth in Gen is an exponential function. What it does mean, is:
Image - horizontal line being size, vertical line being exp-needed-to-increase size.

That being said: it's MUCH less painful (in terms of size-reduction-upon-death) to die as a super-myth, than as a lowbie. As lowbie you are loosing a certain portion of your battle-exp-invested-in-stats, just like you do as a super-myth. However as a lowbie the battle-exp-invested-in-stats is just plain laughable compared to battle-exp-invested-in-stats as super-myth, especially with the exponential aspect of growth applied to it all.
To die as a super-myth is however MUCH more painful in terms of grinding-time-spent-per-point-of-growth - at least compared to Lars'ing as lowbie.

Gorboth or other moderators feel free to remove or edit this note, shall it give too much info. It is however written based on own calculations and testing (and we all know how often Laurel died, race-changed, etc. ... so I had plenty enough testing material). I decided to write it because I agree completely: there IS a stat-cap in Gen already. Hardly anyone reached it so far tho.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 21 Jul 2011 23:31

gorboth wrote:I sent Elroy a reply in game. Bottom line - not going to happen.

G.
Even though I disagree with this decision, it is _very_ nice to see a clear decision being made on such an volatile issue as this.

This should save us for any future discussions on putting in a stat-cap, as it's now be openly ruled out of the question.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/