Re: Quest Orb Tips, Sooner the better

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 07 Feb 2010 08:52

There was an event run last year where mortals submitted
tips for most of the quests in the game. As you can
imagine, it's a lot of quests and a lot of time to put
them properly into the orbs. I've been gradually adding
the hints into the orbs. Tonight, I added all the hints
for the Calian orb. Currently, the Sparkle, Emerald, and
Avenir orbs also provide hints.

Feel free to shoot me a mail in game if there are
specific orbs that you'd like to see get hints added
sooner than later.

Petros

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 07 Mar 2010 06:31

Just activated the quest orb for Gondor for hints. Many thanks to Gorboth, who is putting in precious hours customizing the hints for each domain.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Mar 2010 15:38

Nice work Petros. I've just discovered what a great help those hints are myself. Made it fun to actually quest again (without solutions!). :)

One thing I thought of though was how tedious it is to have to travel to Sparkle to check the orbs all the time. Maybe it'll go against the idea of Sparkle as a hub, but have you thought about putting a "copy" of the domain-orb in the realm it belongs as well? On, or near the major crossroads?

Like for instance at the roundabout in Calia, Huge sign in Middle Earth, Intersection in Solace (Or perhaps add them in the board or common board rooms of each domain). Or other well known places in each domain...

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 07 Mar 2010 16:59

Cherek wrote: One thing I thought of though was how tedious it is to have to travel to Sparkle to check the orbs all the time. Maybe it'll go against the idea of Sparkle as a hub, but have you thought about putting a "copy" of the domain-orb in the realm it belongs as well? On, or near the major crossroads?

Like for instance at the roundabout in Calia, Huge sign in Middle Earth, Intersection in Solace (Or perhaps add them in the board or common board rooms of each domain). Or other well known places in each domain...
Originally, the orbs were objects that could be carried around by each player as they went about their questing. Eventually, a conscious decision was made to keep it in the Tower of the Realms because that is where game-wide information for each domain is typically found. The fact that it also enhances the experience of the Sparkle Hub is another reason to keep it in the Tower.

That being said, we do realize that players want access to them as they are questing. One thought I had a while back was that personal orbs could be given out as event rewards. The idea is that being able to skip Sparkle should be more of a privilege, and something to work for, rather than just the norm in the game. Thoughts?

Aeg
Wizard

Post by Aeg » 07 Mar 2010 17:08

What if we made a compromise? A player could visit Sparkle to pick up the orb and when they logged out, it would shatter. This would make one visit necessary, but not force multiple trips.

I think it would add a little spice if the Sparkle branch of the Artifacter's Guild required that players submit reagents for the production of such orbs. Maybe anyone above the size of expert must supply orb manufacturing resources.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 08 Mar 2010 01:31

That sounds like a pretty good thing for players to have to decide themselves.
Go to sparkle to get a hint or spend the time looking for the quests yourself.

Players having to make decisions is good.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 08 Mar 2010 06:41

Petros the idea of the quest orb reward thing is a good one but what about people like me? I have every quest except the newest one in Avenir completed that is available to me so what use would a portable orb be? Perhaps it could be a reward of choice so that if one wanted it they could have it, if not they could have the alternative?

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 08 Mar 2010 07:33

Ilrahil, don't worry. There are many ideas being thrown about for possible event awards. If you win an event, we won't make the quest orb your reward if you have no use for it. ;) We want people to work for things that they want in events.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Mar 2010 18:38

petros wrote:Ilrahil, don't worry. There are many ideas being thrown about for possible event awards. If you win an event, we won't make the quest orb your reward if you have no use for it. ;) We want people to work for things that they want in events.
Why not? Whenever new quests appear they will be reflected there. In fact, the orb could shine as soon as a new quest is added.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/