Good Ogre

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Postmaster
Wizard

Good Ogre

Post by Postmaster » 09 Jun 2010 02:59

Originally posted by Rizlyn

YOUS ALL LISTEN!

RIZ BE GOOD OGRE THAT PAT HOBBIT HEAD.. NOT SMASH LIKE OTHER STUPID OGRE! RIZ GO LOOK FOR TINIES TO TEACH RIZ THINGS LIKE THE DRUNKIES AND HOBBIT SMASHERS BUT RIZ NOT FIND ANYTHING FOR RIZ! THEY ALL WANT TO SMASH HOBBIT HEAD... RIZ NOT STUPID LIKE OTHER OGRE!!!

RIZ FIND FIST SMASHERS BUT THEY ODD THEY THING THEY DRAGON... SILLY TINIES.. RIZ NOT DRAGON HE OGRE!!

RIZ WANT TEACHER FOR GOOD OGRE!

RIZ

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Good Ogre

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 09 Jun 2010 09:59

I know Rizlyn will not get this but to anyone who meets him.
Castaneda pioneered this "Shrek" Ogrehood as far as I know.
Haven't seen Cas about much recently tho.
Ugh.. Its spreading.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 11 Jun 2010 06:28

I'm all for redemption stories, but I think an ogre (in Genesis) is the hardest one to pull off, since you can't be an ogre in the game without being a corrupted humanoid that is enlisted into the Army of Darkness. It's not like you can leave the Army of Darkness and go become an ogre Calian. The difficulty is exacerbated by the fact that the ogre's limits on communication and intellect make it difficult to RP any real complex character nuance as you can with other "evil" races.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but tough. I'd think an ultimate path to redemption would inevitably lead to leaving the Army of Darkness and thus, not being an ogre anymore.

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 11 Jun 2010 16:49

Fourtcoer wrote:I'm all for redemption stories, but I think an ogre (in Genesis) is the hardest one to pull off, since you can't be an ogre in the game without being a corrupted humanoid that is enlisted into the Army of Darkness. It's not like you can leave the Army of Darkness and go become an ogre Calian. The difficulty is exacerbated by the fact that the ogre's limits on communication and intellect make it difficult to RP any real complex character nuance as you can with other "evil" races.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but tough. I'd think an ultimate path to redemption would inevitably lead to leaving the Army of Darkness and thus, not being an ogre anymore.
Actually you dont need to be a corrupt humanoid nor do you "enlist" for the AoD. You actually just touch a flame which could just be a curious person who ended up on the wrong side of things.

Also I believe Riz wanted to be a good ogre and just smash things at first and be the best Ogre possible. But then a few people.. "persuaded" him into thinking that if he wanted to be the best he couldn't kill certain things. And if you team with him he will point out things and ask if he will be a good Ogre if he smashes them.

So its not that he is dead set on being good, more that certain people led him on that path and he doesnt have a friggen clue. Thats what I gathered from it all :-)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2010 10:34

Hmm - Clueless, thick as a stump & easily manipulated you say.
I better get to him fast before someone corrupts the poor fellow. ;)
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 15 Jun 2010 00:46

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Hmm - Clueless, thick as a stump & easily manipulated you say.
I better get to him fast before someone corrupts the poor fellow. ;)
Wolf gonna take of sad pitiful little ogre who not know what to do...very sad when ogres get confused like this...very sad...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/