Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Laurel » 25 Nov 2013 22:05

Kiara wrote:Well, it seems like Zestana/Ilrahil was banned form the forum
:roll:

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 25 Nov 2013 22:27

Many of us (active on the forum) read the log, i dont know if it was fabricated or not. Still, removing it and ban people without an explanation might start rumours. What made Ilrahil do something like that?

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 26 Nov 2013 00:01

Chanele wrote:What made Ilrahil do something like that?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 26 Nov 2013 00:07

Beyond any opinions or non-opinions I may have of Ilrahil or his player, or the image posted above...

I have missed your posts, Mersereau.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 26 Nov 2013 00:31

Chanele wrote:Many of us (active on the forum) read the log, i dont know if it was fabricated or not. Still, removing it and ban people without an explanation might start rumours. What made Ilrahil do something like that?
Well Ilrahil told me and others he got banned. He was in Sparkle earlier explaining his side of things for anyone who would listen. Thats really all I know. I dont know why he decided to post the log, or if there were other reasons behind the ban as well. I just know he said "I got banned from the forums".

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Nov 2013 01:34

Heh. Yeah ... I just can't figure Ilrahil out some times. I'll put an end to the rumours.

He was punished last year along with some other players. I had a conversation with one of those players about the bad behavior that led to the punishment, which included wanton slaughter and a pkilling spree. The conversation I had with the player was something that I felt would help explain the situation to Ilrahil, too, so I mailed him the log of that conversation.

No, of course I didn't tell him not to post it on a public forum ... but should I need to? I mean ... really?

Anyway ... total lack of common sense and poor judgement on this scale demands a response, and so I've banned him (in Zestana's wig) from using the forum. What is more, he then posted an inflammatory note of this on the Sparkle board, and offered to mail the log to anyone who requests it. Again ... totally bizarre behavior, showing almost complete lack of common sense and judgement. So ... okay. He's now suspended from the game for 90 days too.

Hope he cools off in that time. I like the guy, but this was just way over the top.

Also, I couldn't care less if people get that log from him. I didn't remove the post because of the contents of the log, but because it showed complete disregard for the distinction between private and public information. The log shows me talking to a player and me detailing the reasons why I punished him. Its over a year old, too, so not particularly current. A lot has happened and changed in Genesis since that time, so I don't actually feel it is relevant to the issues in this thread.

Okay ... there we go. Phew! Damage control protocol #32 acted and enabled! Oh, wait ... damage control is evil. Hmmm ... okay, lets just call it a guy posting things who happens to be a Keeper. Yeah.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Nov 2013 09:10

gorboth wrote:I'll put an end to the rumours.
With this note? Errr ... right ...
gorboth wrote:No, of course I didn't tell him not to post it on a public forum ... but should I need to? I mean ... really?
Yes. If you did not make him aware that you care for this, the blame is on you. Especially knowing Ilrahil.
gorboth wrote:Anyway ... total lack of common sense and poor judgement
agreed - but I guess we would not agree on whose side
gorboth wrote:I've banned him (in Zestana's wig) from using the forum. What is more, he then posted an inflammatory note of this on the Sparkle board, and offered to mail the log to anyone who requests it. Again ... totally bizarre behavior, showing almost complete lack of common sense and judgement. So ... okay. He's now suspended from the game for 90 days too.
so let me get this straight
you gave Ilrahil's player a log (knowing he is sometimes hot-tempered too), did not make him aware to keep it personal or else, he used it finally, so you punished him (you took it to the next level here), to which he responded by going to the next level as well and escalating it into the game, for which you punished him again?
what kind of tricky situation management is that, mate?
gorboth wrote:Hope he cools off in that time.
will you?
gorboth wrote:I like the guy, but this was just way over the top.
and so were you and I judge it based on your note only - no other information
gorboth wrote:Also, I couldn't care less if people get that log from him.
your reactions show otherwise - really
if you really didn't, then you'd maybe post "Ilrahil you prick, you really shouldn't post such things without my approval a priori"
gorboth wrote:I didn't remove the post because of the contents of the log, but because it showed complete disregard for the distinction between private and public information. The log shows me talking to a player and me detailing the reasons why I punished him. Its over a year old, too, so not particularly current. A lot has happened and changed in Genesis since that time, so I don't actually feel it is relevant to the issues in this thread.
and so you escalated a log-post that you supposedly don't care for, into a slapping on the forum and in-game ... I mean ... erf ...
gorboth wrote:Okay ... there we go. Phew! Damage control protocol #32 acted and enabled!
I really wouldn't hire you to by my Winston Wolf - you're terrible at "solving problems"
gorboth wrote:Oh, wait ... damage control is evil. Hmmm ... okay, lets just call it a guy posting things who happens to be a Keeper. Yeah.
G.
noone said it's evil afaik - why do you feel attacked by this term is beyond me
I said you lack a coherent strategy for the game and that is still my impression

all that being said - I don't care for the content of the log (even if your actions surely prove the content is not irrelevant to you) nor for Ilrahil's chars
I do care for handling a player like you just did however - like he was a 5yr old kid and you an old-school teacher or smth - slap, slap, SLAP, SLAP ... really crap

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 26 Nov 2013 09:26

Some players are really so bitter and negative, that they are more harmful than helpful to the community and game. Ilrahil turned into one of those unfortunately.
I know Gorboth doesn't think this, but I personally don't mind letting go of some players for the good of the future of the community - And who is to judge you ask? Well, all of us, the community at large, but the Admin ultimately of course.
I think you, Laurel, are also bordering such incessant bitterness towards the game and the Admin, that it's doing more harm than help, and I wish you'd either just let go or become more constructive.

Fire away.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Nov 2013 09:28

Makfly wrote:I think you, Laurel, are also bordering such incessant bitterness towards the game and the Admin, that it's doing more harm than help, and I wish you'd either just let go or become more constructive.

Fire away.
you could write that at least in "Flames" - not here, hijacker!

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 26 Nov 2013 13:16

In less than six weeks this experiment will end.

Does the administration have a plan in place or is the plan to revert back to before?

Are options being considered?

What was the ultimate goal of this?

Many times the administration has chosen not to be transparent in their goals and actions. When they have made errors -through stubbornness, or arrogance, or outright bias and favoritism- they have refused to fix problems and step in when global or a single guild's features had been implemented turned out not best for the entire playerbase.

Perhaps it is time for a paradigm shift.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/