Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Locked
Chanele
Titan
Posts: 519
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Chanele » 22 Nov 2013 07:38

Good note kiara, I agree with most of it. Mages seem to think they are bad ass elite pvp players when it is infact guild abilities that makes them succesful. I have to give them credit for punishing failed attempts but what other guild can evev dream of such rules?
Unbalanced guilds, pvp tools for a selective few and size is the pvp problems.

User avatar
Kas
Legend
Posts: 771
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:54

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kas » 22 Nov 2013 10:31

I'd say that the most lethal and successful aspect of the guild isn't embedded in guild abilities but something else, which many can adopt. It's so far unique to the guild.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Laurel » 22 Nov 2013 11:46

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Tive
Rising Hero
Posts: 350
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 11:10

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Tive » 22 Nov 2013 11:49

Kas wrote:I'd say that the most lethal and successful aspect of the guild isn't embedded in guild abilities but something else, which many can adopt. It's so far unique to the guild.
In that case could someone turn their abilities into emotes if they are so crap? Why bother having them? Imagine all the cool emotes you would have and still be superior to others!!!
Image

Windemere
Expert
Posts: 286
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Location: Winterpeg

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Windemere » 22 Nov 2013 17:28

New Idea,

Eliminate PvP and create a tournament or "game" zone similar to what we have with Fireball where a few people can come together and compete against one another for rewards. Kind of like a permanent event.

For example:

Code: Select all

Sea battles in the Bloodsea.  You need 3 people.  Ship captain and two people to fire cannons at the other ship.
Team NPC Battle where you compete against other teams to see how far you can get through rounds of NPCs
A Tower where you see how many levels you can make it up before you die with there being rewards for completing each level.
More raids on Sparkle that people compete in as teams to save the town
I really think things like this, events that are more static/standard will really boost the game. Look at how active we were for the Scavenger hunt. I think that alone should tell you that events bring people, even those who don't regularly play, back into the game to compete and participate. With more I think we could have people back more regularly.

These could be tallied every month and reset with rewards granted at the end of the month. Or they could be totally PVE based where you just see how far you can get before you die...wimpy needs to be set at brave to enter, for example. With big reward potential and no death penalty what is the harm of going in knowing you will die at some point.

Windemere

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Amorana » 22 Nov 2013 18:08

Windemere wrote:New Idea,

Eliminate PvP and create a tournament or "game" zone similar to what we have with Fireball where a few people can come together and compete against one another for rewards. Kind of like a permanent event.

For example:

Code: Select all

Sea battles in the Bloodsea.  You need 3 people.  Ship captain and two people to fire cannons at the other ship.
Team NPC Battle where you compete against other teams to see how far you can get through rounds of NPCs
A Tower where you see how many levels you can make it up before you die with there being rewards for completing each level.
More raids on Sparkle that people compete in as teams to save the town
I really think things like this, events that are more static/standard will really boost the game. Look at how active we were for the Scavenger hunt. I think that alone should tell you that events bring people, even those who don't regularly play, back into the game to compete and participate. With more I think we could have people back more regularly.

These could be tallied every month and reset with rewards granted at the end of the month. Or they could be totally PVE based where you just see how far you can get before you die...wimpy needs to be set at brave to enter, for example. With big reward potential and no death penalty what is the harm of going in knowing you will die at some point.

Windemere

I've been thinking something similar only in more of an "instanced PVP" type setting. Gorboth had mentioned in his ideas for where the Admin would like the game to go, that the idea of saving gear would be possible. I have thought that it would be nice that if in such a location there was a locker where you could have your "PVP" gear. Through the course of PVPing, you could purchase this gear with a currency that you earn through PVP. As you gain more of the currency you can replace it with better, put certain enchantments, etc. We could also institute certain rewards that you could purchase... Perhaps a title system that is advanced through purchasing the titles with Currency... This would institute some feeling of purpose to PVP, as well as a bit of fun, and a new place to grind.

Everyone talks about "why people" PVP in Genesis. Everyone claims that taking away death makes PVP less fun. But if PVP was so fun with a death penalty, why was no one doing it? The amount of PVP on the realms is non-existent.

We have to stop thinking about PVP in terms of only a RP "I hate your guild, we're at war" type scenario, and more in ways to evolve PVP into the type of system that people have come to enjoy in games. If we remain stuck in the past systems and theories on PVP, we will become a relic; we will only attract players that are less and less existent in the world of gaming today. Games must evolve to stay relevant with current trends. Genesis is no exception.

Amorana, the future Supreme Wraith Slayer of Sparkle Valley
Last edited by Amorana on 22 Nov 2013 18:16, edited 2 times in total.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Arcon

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Arcon » 22 Nov 2013 18:09

Windemere wrote:New Idea,

Eliminate PvP and create a tournament or "game" zone similar to what we have with Fireball where a few people can come together and compete against one another for rewards. Kind of like a permanent event.

For example:

Code: Select all

Sea battles in the Bloodsea.  You need 3 people.  Ship captain and two people to fire cannons at the other ship.
Team NPC Battle where you compete against other teams to see how far you can get through rounds of NPCs
A Tower where you see how many levels you can make it up before you die with there being rewards for completing each level.
More raids on Sparkle that people compete in as teams to save the town
I really think things like this, events that are more static/standard will really boost the game. Look at how active we were for the Scavenger hunt. I think that alone should tell you that events bring people, even those who don't regularly play, back into the game to compete and participate. With more I think we could have people back more regularly.

These could be tallied every month and reset with rewards granted at the end of the month. Or they could be totally PVE based where you just see how far you can get before you die...wimpy needs to be set at brave to enter, for example. With big reward potential and no death penalty what is the harm of going in knowing you will die at some point.

Windemere

Those ideas are nice, more events and mini events would be really nice. But if there are that many events they shouldn't give qxp except on the big and special events. But don't eliminate PvP. Players have to be able to attack other players when they want to without having to go to tournaments or organize a duel.
And I want death penalties back!

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Amorana » 22 Nov 2013 18:11

Ugh, double post.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Amorana » 22 Nov 2013 18:22

arcon wrote:But don't eliminate PvP. Players have to be able to attack other players when they want to without having to go to tournaments or organize a duel.
And I want death penalties back!
How hard is it to organize a duel?

"I challenge you, Filth, to a duel in Sparkle, where I will slay your for your crimes against my guild in a spectacle where all can see it."

"I accept, Goody-Two-Shoes, but it is I who shall do the slaying."

Man, that's tough.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Arcon

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Arcon » 22 Nov 2013 18:28

But why eliminate PvP? There will be no surprise attacks, no ambushes or anything. And since there are hardly any PvP there is no reason to eliminate them.

Locked
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/