Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Locked
User avatar
Kas
Legend
Posts: 771
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:54

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kas » 16 Nov 2013 20:04

Kiara wrote:Arcon: Sparkle square? Isn't the place with the well a square? That's how I've always seen it!

Maybe thats way Kas never showed up though, he couldn't find it. Typical.
Kas may have a better idea, like for instance, for whatever reason you want to meet a mage or the Nine, perhaps such an unlikely event could potentially happen at the Black tower in Minas Morgul, throneroom.

Unless ofcourse...you don't by any chance happen to have some priced object of ours? In that case, Sparkle square, wherever it is sounds like a place one could adress your...problem. :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kiara » 16 Nov 2013 20:46

arcon wrote:
arcon wrote:
Kiara wrote:Mirage... hah. Funny.

The event is going well. Although we could use non-myth mage idling in Sparkle square. Interested?
Do that exist?
I meant a non-myth mage
I think there is at least one!

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kiara » 16 Nov 2013 20:47

Kas wrote:
Kiara wrote:Arcon: Sparkle square? Isn't the place with the well a square? That's how I've always seen it!

Maybe thats way Kas never showed up though, he couldn't find it. Typical.
Kas may have a better idea, like for instance, for whatever reason you want to meet a mage or the Nine, perhaps such an unlikely event could potentially happen at the Black tower in Minas Morgul, throneroom.

Unless ofcourse...you don't by any chance happen to have some priced object of ours? In that case, Sparkle square, wherever it is sounds like a place one could adress your...problem. :D
Tower sounds good. It's a date. Just gonna kill my way in. And I am bringing 5 scops just in case.

User avatar
Kas
Legend
Posts: 771
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:54

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kas » 16 Nov 2013 20:54

Kiara wrote:
Kas wrote:
Kiara wrote:Arcon: Sparkle square? Isn't the place with the well a square? That's how I've always seen it!

Maybe thats way Kas never showed up though, he couldn't find it. Typical.
Kas may have a better idea, like for instance, for whatever reason you want to meet a mage or the Nine, perhaps such an unlikely event could potentially happen at the Black tower in Minas Morgul, throneroom.

Unless ofcourse...you don't by any chance happen to have some priced object of ours? In that case, Sparkle square, wherever it is sounds like a place one could adress your...problem. :D
Tower sounds good. It's a date. Just gonna kill my way in. And I am bringing 5 scops just in case.
Why just 5? Bring them all I'd say.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 362
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Syrk » 17 Nov 2013 01:51

There are more than five?

User avatar
Recoba
Great Adventurer
Posts: 193
Joined: 11 Mar 2010 12:52

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Recoba » 17 Nov 2013 10:55

Windemere wrote:As I think about this I get more and more ideas,

Currently in PvP you had a dynamic like this:

Winner - No real reward except eq
Loser - Penalized
I disagree totally here.

In Genesis, the reward for the winner was the loss of the loser. That's what I always liked about it, and it was what made Genesis PvP special and more interesting. Just like in real life(tm) - you don't get "XP" or "rankings" for defeating an enemy, rather the whole point of the battle is weakening/punishing that enemy.

War, punishment, revenge, spite... if you kill someone in Genesis and don't feel rewarded by their loss, then I'd say you are definitely killing them for the wrong reasons and shouldn't even be engaging in PvP.

As for the dwindling of PvP fighting, I think it probably has more to do with a smaller population, less roleplaying activity and a consequent shifting of Genesis culture away from guild conflict.

/ R.

Zar
Hero
Posts: 393
Joined: 21 Feb 2011 19:17

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Zar » 17 Nov 2013 13:21

Recoba wrote:
War, punishment, revenge, spite... if you kill someone in Genesis and don't feel rewarded by their loss, then I'd say you are definitely killing them for the wrong reasons and shouldn't even be engaging in PvP.

As for the dwindling of PvP fighting, I think it probably has more to do with a smaller population, less roleplaying activity and a consequent shifting of Genesis culture away from guild conflict.

/ R.
I agree that in big populated world mentioned reasons would be proper basis for PvP. But not nowadays.
The world changes, people change and the game must change to be up-to-date.

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2306
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by gorboth » 17 Nov 2013 15:35

Recoba wrote:
Windemere wrote:As I think about this I get more and more ideas,

Currently in PvP you had a dynamic like this:

Winner - No real reward except eq
Loser - Penalized
I disagree totally here.

In Genesis, the reward for the winner was the loss of the loser. That's what I always liked about it, and it was what made Genesis PvP special and more interesting. Just like in real life(tm) - you don't get "XP" or "rankings" for defeating an enemy, rather the whole point of the battle is weakening/punishing that enemy.

War, punishment, revenge, spite... if you kill someone in Genesis and don't feel rewarded by their loss, then I'd say you are definitely killing them for the wrong reasons and shouldn't even be engaging in PvP.

As for the dwindling of PvP fighting, I think it probably has more to do with a smaller population, less roleplaying activity and a consequent shifting of Genesis culture away from guild conflict.

/ R.
I think I agree with this. However, since people vote with their feet, how would we ever get back to an active pvp culture in the best sense? Maybe, we just can't?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2013 16:48

Level the playing field mebbe? No fun in pvping when yer 99% toast? :P And I am talking about pvp abilities for all guilds

User avatar
Eowul
Wizard
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 21:55
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Eowul » 17 Nov 2013 17:00

Draugor wrote:Level the playing field mebbe? No fun in pvping when yer 99% toast? :P And I am talking about pvp abilities for all guilds
But that still leaves the issue of the big stat difference ...
Caretaker of Arda

Locked
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/