The new website is up!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: The new website is up!

Post by Cherek » 09 Dec 2014 12:18

Creed wrote:As there Arne links from the HomePage to the forum, i miss a link the otter way.

Also, i noticed that the solamnian cavalry is still listed as A layman guild. It is gone.
And i am not sure hos much i agree that the kender SS guild is A thief guild.
Hm yeah. I'll investigate if its possible to add a link to the website somewhere.

The Solamnian Cavalry doesn't exist? Horses are part of the occupational guild now? Can you still drape your horses etc? Figured I should add that info in the descriptions about the occupational guilds then.

As for kenders being a thief guild... yeah good question. What else would you characterise them as though? They're sneaky and they do stel stuff, even if it's usually an "accident" or they just "happened to borrow it", but I think most would consider them thieves though, even though they claim not to be.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Dec 2014 12:22

boreaulam wrote:Great work!!!

What does "The Legends" means in ranking?
I did have an explanation text for what legends is at the bottom, but still, I agree it's probably better if it's more clear what it is right away. I decided to go with "Elders" after all. It describes the category better.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 09 Dec 2014 14:10

Cherek wrote:
Creed wrote:As there Arne links from the HomePage to the forum, i miss a link the otter way.

Also, i noticed that the solamnian cavalry is still listed as A layman guild. It is gone.
Hm yeah. I'll investigate if its possible to add a link to the website somewhere.

The Solamnian Cavalry doesn't exist? Horses are part of the occupational guild now? Can you still drape your horses etc? Figured I should add that info in the descriptions about the occupational guilds then.

As for kenders being a thief guild... yeah good question. What else would you characterise them as though? They're sneaky and they do stel stuff, even if it's usually an "accident" or they just "happened to borrow it", but I think most would consider them thieves though, even though they claim not to be.
Thieves.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 09 Dec 2014 15:21

Cherek wrote:

The layman branch no longer exists, it was all put into the OCC guild. Yes, you can still visit the Heraldry, etc. to drape your horses...it just no longer occupies a layman slot.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Dec 2014 16:19

Thanks Manglor. Got it. The current description of the Knights already included that they are skilled in mounted combat so I left it as it is and removed Cavalry from the list.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Dec 2014 16:19

Based on some feedback and input I've made the following changes to the website and forums. Thanks for your suggestions and findings!

- Added creation of the Gladiator guild to the history section.

- For clarity, changed "The Legends" to "The Elders" on the rankings section.

- Removed Solamnian Cavalry from the list of layman guilds.

- Added a link to the website on the forum top navigation bar.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 09 Dec 2014 17:47

Kender are considered to be a Ranger style guild.

They are not thieves as a kender would never want to be referred to as one. If you must classify them other than Ranger-style you can call them a "finder of lost things" guild.

Windemere

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 09 Dec 2014 19:07

Windemere wrote:Kender are considered to be a Ranger style guild.

They are not thieves as a kender would never want to be referred to as one. If you must classify them other than Ranger-style you can call them a "finder of lost things" guild.

Windemere
They can classify themselves however they want. In fact, they do this all the time. A person notices that they stole something, but to the Kender they just "borrowed" it. But, the WORLD, and thus the game considers them a thief-class guild. Naturally, they don't see it this way, but everyone else does.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 09 Dec 2014 19:51

gorboth wrote:
Windemere wrote:Kender are considered to be a Ranger style guild.

Windemere
They can classify themselves however they want. In fact, they do this all the time. A person notices that they stole something, but to the Kender they just "borrowed" it. But, the WORLD, and thus the game considers them a thief-class guild. Naturally, they don't see it this way, but everyone else does.

G.
Then, from all kender, JERKS!

Boreaulam
Wizard

Post by Boreaulam » 10 Dec 2014 22:29

Rankings are updated weekly. Last update was on Tuesday September 30, 2014.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/