The new website is up!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: The new website is up!

Post by Cherek » 03 Feb 2015 11:46

Irk wrote:
Cherek wrote:As you may have noticed the rankings no longer breaks each week! And they also update automatically.

Let's all say THANK YOU to Petros for setting that up.
hehe you said it too early ;)
Yup...

Actually, the problem is a new one this time. So we can still thank Petros for fixing the old problem.:)

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 03 Feb 2015 15:07

technically they're not broken now, they're nonexistant :)

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 04 Feb 2015 00:06

Any ETA? Some of us (though still on a lot of recovery) really care about the rankings :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Feb 2015 01:08

Manglor wrote:Any ETA? Some of us (though still on a lot of recovery) really care about the rankings :)
Not really. There's been some shuffling around of files upstairs which had the unfortunate, and unintentional, side effect of breaking the rankings script. The script that handles stuff behind the scenes that is, not the script I wrote to make it work with the webpage... that I could have fixed, but since none of us active ones wrote the original rankings script we don't really know what exactly is broken... yet.

We cant have empty rankings though. If there's no solution by tomorrow I will temporarily remove rankings from the page, so at least it doesnt look weird like it does now.

Sorry. I know many of you really like them and we're gonna get them back somehow. Soon. I hope.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 04 Feb 2015 04:01

Cherek wrote:We cant have empty rankings though. If there's no solution by tomorrow I will temporarily remove rankings from the page, so at least it doesnt look weird like it does now.
Noooo! Don't remove them, just place a banner over it stating "Player rankings have been censored due to apparent evidence that wizards are better than mortals. Rankings will resume when the evidence have been thoroughly investigated!" :P
Flee you fools!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Feb 2015 04:10

Tapakah wrote it. He's around, so just email him.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Feb 2015 18:27

I have temporarily removed the empty rankings from the webpage for now.

They will be back. I do not know when though.

Our code-experts wizards wants to redo them so they use a more stable system than old ones. Which, as you have noticed, havent been all that stable lately.

Hopefully the rankings will return soon, and improved!

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 04 Feb 2015 19:18

Cherek wrote:I have temporarily removed the empty rankings from the webpage for now.

They will be back. I do not know when though.

Our code-experts wizards wants to redo them so they use a more stable system than old ones. Which, as you have noticed, havent been all that stable lately.

Hopefully the rankings will return soon, and improved!
:(

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 04 Feb 2015 21:20

No worries Irk, I'm sure you can approximate where you land among us mortals. lol

-B

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 Feb 2015 02:46

Is someone working on toplist?
I miss it now.. when im finally on it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/