A Disturbing Change ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Windemere
Expert

Re: A Disturbing Change ...

Post by Windemere » 11 Dec 2014 17:15

Biggest problem was inability to assist.

We had a huge team yesterday before I had to leave suddenly (SORRY) and even some of the big legends were unable to assist. If you are small (GA or below) the Turkey hits so hard it killed some people in a single blow before they could flee (even though they technically couldn't assist and were watching).

We need to try again. We need some Calians to come out for sure, anyone who can hit hard. If we have enough people I know we can do it. I'll be trying to recruit again today!

Windemere

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 11 Dec 2014 17:49

With 20 or so people, the random attacks are easily healed from with skunks, alcohol, and the need for a straight tank are minimal as long as you have the size to take the 10-20 seconds of damage from the monster. Again, make a trigger to put on high AC items and you'll be fine.

As for a weakness against the saurus, Gorboth dropped me a clue that our initial group of 14 or so needed another 10 to help out.

It was rather nice to see Irk's con pale in comparison to something else! Not even slightly hurt with all that damage... crazy.

-Bromen

ps. I still want assurances on the loot.

*cackle*

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 Dec 2014 20:10

The loot on the Turkeysaurus is extremely plentiful. It doesn't automatically give one thing to each player, no. But it does provide enough loot and enough variety to make many people quite powerful. Yes, there will be the need to be divide the spoils among the victors as the team feels is fair. Dare we imagine ... sharing? ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Dec 2014 21:20

gorboth wrote:The loot on the Turkeysaurus is extremely plentiful. It doesn't automatically give one thing to each player, no. But it does provide enough loot and enough variety to make many people quite powerful. Yes, there will be the need to be divide the spoils among the victors as the team feels is fair. Dare we imagine ... sharing? ;-)

G.

*get all from corpse*
*give to unknown alt*
*laugh in face*

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 11 Dec 2014 21:30

Has there been any change to the beast?

I really would like to be able to take this beast on. With the event coming to a close there are less people awake and even when we gathered 15 people to make an attempt yesterday, half or more could not assist. Even some Legends and Myths were unable to attack the beast.

Given that, it makes it neigh impossible to get enough people who are actually able to attack the creature in order to slay it.

By no means am I suggesting it changed to be smaller, just if it would be possible for all to be able to attack regardless of their discipline. It was difficult to even get that team yesterday together.

Windemere

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 11 Dec 2014 22:15

the assisting thing is a big point i agree if you want to "protect" little assisters maybe just have turkeysaurus focus on people doing the most damage/having most HP. I did feel like i was acomplishing something healing.. even though i was just saving people skunkberries. maybe if little players (under the dis to attack) could buy butter squirt guns or tossable cranberries that would "debuff/destract" the monster or buff allies that could make support players feel involved without getting in direct combat.
we might be able to get those extra people.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 11 Dec 2014 22:49

if little players (under the dis to attack) could buy butter squirt guns or tossable cranberries
Or bikinis and pompons :P

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 11 Dec 2014 23:32

If assisting is a problem, imbue some discipline gear to pass around and get a minstrel to buff their discipline. Calians can also attack and move behind someone.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 12 Dec 2014 00:00

I believe you need epic dis to assist. For some, you'll need pronounced dis imbues in order to assist.

Another thing, I don't believe bouncing is smart. If you're engaged, stay engaged in combat. Leaving combat might mean you'll never get to re-engage.

-Bromen

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Dec 2014 01:16

Tell you all what ...

I don't have time today, but tomorrow I'll institute some way that you can antagonize the turkeysaurus to force him to attack you. I'll post about it when I've done it. If you want to plan an attack party, I'll have this working by Friday night.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/