Saving and quitting

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mercade
Wizard

Saving and quitting

Post by Mercade » 22 Jan 2015 21:19

Code: Select all

Greetings,

As from today, saving and quitting with recovery will work everywhere in the
realms. When you save, you will see whether your items glow, or fail to glow.

This cuts into the benefit of some of the inns and hotels around the realms
that offer temporary start facilities. I am open for suggestions of the service
that such inns should offer.

With regards,

Mercade

Amorana
Rising Hero

Re: Saving and quitting

Post by Amorana » 23 Jan 2015 04:13

I mailed Mercade about it, but just so others know... When I do this currently, I drop all of my herbs and other components.

My first mail, Mercade responded that it was just because I was logged in when the change was implemented. However after reading the mail, I gave it another try, and I still dropped all of that.

Be careful where you are quitting until you've given it a try to see if it affects you!
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 23 Jan 2015 11:39

I also did it yester, first with "wrongness is space", second dropping all my stuff.

Lucky me found it later though :-)

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 23 Jan 2015 14:32

hopefully they get this working cause fear of dropping bags/herbs os one reason i tend to idle in base so much cause im just paranoid my net will go out /phone die and not be able to log back in.

inns are still cool cause it can make you start in a different location for if your doing heavy questing way off in the boonies.
but since genesis has added so many savables over the years droping it all if you quit badly is frusterating.

my worst instance of droping i was explaining some commands to a new player he asked how do you leave the game and i typed "quit in a start location" without starting the sentence with say or ' and everying dropped. Lucky for me the new player was an honest one and grabbed all my stuff for me so i could get it back... but i felt like a newb.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Jan 2015 20:10

Alisa wrote:I also did it yester, first with "wrongness is space", second dropping all my stuff.

Lucky me found it later though :-)
Laurel just lost all her stuff. That's the last reason for login - dealt with ;p

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 08 Feb 2015 12:53

Ok, and what about ''negative'' items, what you was able to "force drop" when quit? Like ball and chain from Terel. Now it's impossible to "drop" it when quit, right?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/