Levels List Update Event

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

Re: Levels List Update Event

Post by Davvol » 07 Feb 2015 20:03

Kvator, i doubt guild code uses descriptions of health levels. I bet it uses numeric value.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Feb 2015 20:04

I think so as well, but asking won't do the harm ;)

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 07 Feb 2015 20:46

Are you sore or tender, after a night out where you got lucky :-)

Aching with anticipation... they are here

Does the cop at the station say "she was bruised and battered, almost in a bad shape"......

all in all, it seems some here are not "feeling well" over the new texts :-)

Sorry, i am laughing my ass off here... I do hope others are too when they read.. But i know not all will....'

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 07 Feb 2015 23:48

over all This is a good thing. It will be easier to tell if herbs and potions are effective.
you wont have to wait as long to see your health status change both up and down) this should make it easier to tell if your in over your head, this game could definatly use more minipings.

I would have probibly added less variety of terms and stuck them together
so it would go FVW sligthty sore,somewhat sore, slightly bruised, somewhat brused, very bruised, slightly hurt...
that there is minimal new memorization and a clear path of progression as youd just be adding levels before actually being hurt.

all level additions should be to on front or end and have minimal new terms and a clear feeling of progression to cause the least amount of stress. maybe just add degrees of existing levels add a few slightlys and verys or appropriate variations to existing terms rather than new terms all together. That way people can enjoy the increase in mini pings without having to look up new
terms. ie id rather see very insignificant progress, insignificant progress, somewhat insignificant progress, slightly insignifigant progress, very minimal progress... than 5 strange and random synonyms for cruddy.

also this will make things less painful if you add mortal levels again. its hard to go from Vet to adventerer when you spent a long time gettint to vet and you didnt die but if you just add a destrcriptive or to to each existing level that doesny have one ie lucky beginner, curious greenhorne, promising apprentice, talented adept, (adv and gadv already have 2) knowlegable vetren, super myth... then youve doubled the levels without doubling the general terms,

the contest is a bit unclear what you want. If you just want ideas for synonyms im sure forums would have happily brainstormed for you.

Mercade
Wizard

Post by Mercade » 08 Feb 2015 01:38

Snowrose wrote:the contest is a bit unclear what you want. If you just want ideas for synonyms im sure forums would have happily brainstormed for you.
Any and all feedback on the levels and descriptive values are welcome. It's not just about synonyms, but also about the concepts of the levels as such, their order, the micro-levels that you mentioned above. It's good to see that some people like the change, while others question it. Indeed these changes had no direct functional purpose, but that doesn't mean it has to stay the same. Someone may propose to replace the current health levels with a 5x5 grid like the fatigue runs from extremely alert to extremely tired. I've already seen some interesting comments floating about.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 08 Feb 2015 05:15

Mercade wrote:
Snowrose wrote:the contest is a bit unclear what you want. If you just want ideas for synonyms im sure forums would have happily brainstormed for you.
Any and all feedback on the levels and descriptive values are welcome. It's not just about synonyms, but also about the concepts of the levels as such, their order, the micro-levels that you mentioned above. It's good to see that some people like the change, while others question it. Indeed these changes had no direct functional purpose, but that doesn't mean it has to stay the same. Someone may propose to replace the current health levels with a 5x5 grid like the fatigue runs from extremely alert to extremely tired. I've already seen some interesting comments floating about.
I would argue that for character related levels like this, it would be the best policy to do exactly what you say. Standardize health and mana to wake the same way that fatigue and brutality do. That way the levels that affect your character are all easy to interpret and learn, and also easy to see improvement / decline in.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 08 Feb 2015 08:17

Are we open to the idea of exact character size? I'd love to know how many fantas I have instead of guessing.

-B

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 09 Feb 2015 01:43

Blah, who care how many fantastics you are into myth etc.

Make it even harder to track, make coppers weight vary and all drinks random strength :p

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 09 Feb 2015 02:08

Genesis has always been against giving players exact numbers of any kind
even easy communication is a really recent addition. and im sure the newbieline annoys old school
genisiseans. This is huge improvement in clarity.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 09 Feb 2015 06:50

Actually, communication was wide open in the beginning. Every race could message within their own race.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/