101 ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: <ntell> 101 ...

Post by Cherek » 11 May 2015 15:17

Iris wrote:I love the players who do a big RP but what I have observed on the chatline is this sometimes makes the newbies confused. I dont remember the player's name -but was an elder- and he/she told elven race is useless and the weakest on the chat line amd afterwards the newbie decided to change race and they arranged a meeting on the chatline. I do love the roleplay, I love reading it on the chat line too, but i am afraid this confuses some of the newbies.

By the way, i dont like the conversations on chatline like "How are you, how was your weekend, how is your sick dog now" and stuff but I like reading and writing teasing stuff or some chat on line related to the question asked, even the reply isnt an answer directly. These are not against the rules i hope.
While it's not directly stated in the rules about the ntell I think helpers who on purpose try to confuse new players and tell lies (even through RP) should not be helpers. The newbie line is there to help people out. I kinda assumed everyone understood this. I would be pretty disappointing if I had to ban helpers from using it because of things like this.

Outside the ntell line though, people can do whatever they want and tell as many lies as they feel like. And awesome "evil" RP can be a really fun thing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 May 2015 16:20

Perhaps game age is a better metric for what we consider a newbie than size. Would 10 days be good?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 11 May 2015 17:24

gorboth wrote:Perhaps game age is a better metric for what we consider a newbie than size. Would 10 days be good?

G.
First time I became champ(old champ) I was around 8-9 days. And I didn't consider myself a newbie back then.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 May 2015 17:27

Prolong newbie line for newbies.
Now you don't sit in a big Group, play and share info.
Some are really lost once the newbie line disappear.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 11 May 2015 17:29

gorboth wrote:Perhaps game age is a better metric for what we consider a newbie than size. Would 10 days be good?

G.
Game age probably is a better way to go. Somewhere between 8-10 days, I would think.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 11 May 2015 18:24

Shanoga wrote:

G.
Game age probably is a better way to go. Somewhere between 8-10 days, I would think.
I agree, by the age of 10 we should know our way well enough around.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 11 May 2015 22:08

gold bezie wrote:
Shanoga wrote:

G.
I agree, by the age of 10 we should know our way well enough around.
And what if you're not doing much during your time? Or only herbing?

I think that 2 factors should be met for a person to not be considered newbie:

1. Age - 10 days (the age at which you can start signing the signature books)
2. Size - veteran (veteran is clearly not a newbie), a level equivalent of old champion, easily reachable within the 8-10 day window

Let people stop being newbies then (and only then) if they meet both of the above criteria.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 May 2015 02:39

Zhar wrote: 1. Age - 10 days (the age at which you can start signing the signature books)
2. Size - veteran (veteran is clearly not a newbie), a level equivalent of old champion, easily reachable within the 8-10 day window

Let people stop being newbies then (and only then) if they meet both of the above criteria.
I agree with Zhar, two criteria. 10 says age and veteran size seems reasonable to me. And ff a person feel embarrassed about being considered a newbie at those levels they can simply break their pin.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/