Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Etanukar
Adept

Re: Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

Post by Etanukar » 03 Mar 2016 23:03

As a change agent, I am all for change, if it is validated and proven. If you make a wrong change, admit it and move on. Sadly, the answer cannot be "go back to how it was". This is never an option, because if it were change would never occur.

I agree with what Kas has stated, twice now, with regard to experimentation... On a scale that is this big, with design of experiments, you have to understand the variables and be able to measure them, thus making the change quantifiable. In this instance, the variables are not tangible, measureable ones and as such, should be taken at an incremental, strategically-controlled basis.

I believe Irk stated first a limit on number of imbues at a time. I like this as well and offer this thought: An arbitrary point system where a player cannot have any more than X points at a time.
Example:
Intense = 3, Pronounced = 2, Faint = 1
Max points on a character of 7
So in theory, the best you could do would be 2 intenses and 1 faint.
This would have to be in conjunction with the limit, so that someone wasn't wearing 7 faints.

With the hacking of the overpowered stat ones, this could limit the "feared" problems with overpower of skills. I also liked the idea of diminishing returns on the stats. One could even make them useless after a certain stat avg. Just spit balling here.

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 04 Mar 2016 01:32

Kas wrote: 1. Revert the breakable stuff on rings etc.
2. Go back to the old droprate(or close to) and how they drop.
These 2 are the most needed fixes atm in my opinion. Nerfing stat imbues as it is done now is OK.

And I would like to add one more issue. It has been mentioned several times but I had not seen opinion from any wizard. Now it almost does not matter, since they are practically no imbues on the market, AH is dead. Hoping some fixing will be done and AH will work in the future, I would like to ask about script-buying.

Now, whenever a good imbued item appears with the "buyout" price good (low) enough, it is immediately bought out by scripters. The action is fully legal, since scripters are sitting at their computers and playing the game but the fact is, non-scripters have no chance to buy anything. My question is - is it going to be left this way or wizards are thinking how to solve it?

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 04 Mar 2016 01:50

Couldn't you solve it by writing a script? (Or asking for one?)

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 04 Mar 2016 01:53

Yes I probably could write a script or ask for one. But it would not solved anything for me, since my link is not the fastest one. Still the question is open - should the best link decide?

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 04 Mar 2016 03:44

What should decide? If you want it to be purely economic then buyouts could be removed, but that should probably be considered carefully first. Even in that case though the argument could be advanced, "Why do the people with more plats get to decide?" or we could see a lot of one hour auctions come up and the question would be, "Why do people who stay online get to decide?"

~Being subtle...~ (also feeling you out a bit)

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 04 Mar 2016 12:06

To prevent scripting would be easy.

Your paddle only alerts you to the newest auction put up.

You must travel to the tent to actually bid.

Simple.

Sure would make ninjaing a bid at 2s left much harder.

Jar
Apprentice

Post by Jar » 04 Mar 2016 13:42

Interesting idea but wouldn't it cause people to... double-login to occupy a tent?

Maybe buyout option could be changed to remove its instant effect.
Every bid exceeding it would add a few minutes more until an item gets sold, accepting every higher bids until there is like 5 mins silence.
It would resemble real auction, wouldn't it?

Also those smaller players who try to benefit from selling some imbued gear would get much more market-based price for them.
Many of them don't know real worth of different imbues, so often they earn only a fraction of its value.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 04 Mar 2016 14:01

Ydred wrote:To prevent scripting would be easy.

Simple.

I like this. Nice proposal. Bot-grinders who are do script buy are stopped from doing both if they want imbue.

Wizards, please discuss. Is simple code.

Also, we can't forget that few imbues are found now, and that should be restored now with stat imbue fixed.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Mar 2016 14:25

Sykil wrote:
Ydred wrote:To prevent scripting would be easy.

Simple.

I like this. Nice proposal. Bot-grinders who are do script buy are stopped from doing both if they want imbue.

Wizards, please discuss. Is simple code.

Also, we can't forget that few imbues are found now, and that should be restored now with stat imbue fixed.
The idea is reasonable I think, but it also needs to make sense. Right now some thing floats in and takes the money from you, if we change it so you have to pay in the auction house you should probably pay Rommik? So the payment system also needs to be recoded probably? So perhaps not a super easy fix.

However while it's a reasonable idea, it is also awfully inconvenient... having to run to Sparkle each time you want to buy something. I agree it fixes the buy-triggers, but it also causes a lot of trouble for those who like to buy things.

I wonder if we can think of another solution that still keeps things convenient for players AND prevents insta-buy triggers AND allows us to keep the "buy now" function. Hmm.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 04 Mar 2016 14:45

One line fix of code on aubid: Is player in auction house?
Nothing else need to change. Instant fix.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/