Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

Post by Kas » 02 Mar 2016 23:50

I think I would've tried to adjust the potency of imbues first. A single parameter, then collect datapointers for further adjustments.

I believe we can all agree that imbues were too potent?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 02 Mar 2016 23:57

Stat imbues yes. The rest not so easy to tell yet. And a good number mostly worthless.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 03 Mar 2016 00:15

Stat imbued were powerful, we all agree, but only them, skill, dmg, resist, heal, speed etc imbues are ok.
Droprate on 1-2% level and equal random on all npcs was ok too. Actual droprate 0,001% and stupid system appearing on mobs less killing is a disaster. How normal player with no wiz-info should know which mobs are less killed than others? guessing? fuck yeah! all in this game is guessing, but we are reaching insane level of non-knowledge about items, guilds, specs, everything....

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Mar 2016 00:19

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 03 Mar 2016 00:28

It is funny knowing how easy you are butthurt, Mers, that you post that.

Makes me warm and fuzzy inside knowing how thin skinned you are.

But sure, if it is butthurt to know the admin is fully wrong in how they implemented this, then sure I am butthurt.

Lets make the game more un-fun. Turn all xp areas into Khalakhor style forests and usher in the new wave of RPers.

Lets add in more things players dont want to do and make them do it. haha

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 03 Mar 2016 01:06

Ydred wrote:
Stat imbues yes. The rest not so easy to tell yet. And a good number mostly worthless.
I tested some intense imbuements that enhanced various spell skills in a certain magic layman guild and they gave certain boost in power but imo it was not worth the investments.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 03 Mar 2016 02:48

I think the old imbue system was very fun. I agree stat boost is too high. I disagree what other problems were.

The bot grinders who the wizard still don't stop collect too many while making insane xps and get huge and made even more huge by % stat boost imbues which were bad design from start. They also get unlimited money. Money and xp is fine, but they do script to insta-buy from auction. Now they have many imbues.

I disagree drop rate was bad though. I am consider myself a heavy player, and I will show you how many I have in my box. I have imbued maybe 4 faint items in my life, and I also buy as many as I can until I am poor from auction house. I still have crap collection as heavy player despite saving and acquiring from begin:

Code: Select all

|Ckd	|Blm	|Ord
+====	+====	+====
|12	|1	|1
|3	|	|
|3	|2	|
|4	|2	|1
|8	|	|1
|4	|	|
|2	|	|
|3	|	|
|4	|	|1
|2	|	|1
|3	|	|
|3	|	|
|2	|1	|
|2	|	|
|1	|	|1
|5	|	|1
|9	|2	|1
|1	|1	|
|3	|	|
|9	|	|
|2	|	|
|5	|	|
|3	|	|
|4	|1	|
|9	|1	|
|4	|	|
|2	|1	|
|13	|1	|
|5	|	|
|3	|1	|1
|3	|	|
|8	|1	|1
|2	|	|
|3	|	|
|4	|1	|
|1	|1	|
|5	|	|
|7	|1	|
|4	|	|
|1	|	|
|7	|2	|
|19	|4	|1
|1	|3	|1
|4	|2	|
|1	|	|
|15	|5	|
|4	|	|
|3	|	|
|7	|	|
|5	|1	|
|14	|	|
|9	|1	|
|9	|1	|
|2	|	|
|14	|2	|
|5	|1	|
|1	|	|
|1	|	|
|7	|1	|1
|2	|	|
After how many years? And I only have mostly junky faints and a pronounced?

I think this is why so many are upset legitimately. Grinders I don't sympathy at all, but other heavy players? Yes.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 03 Mar 2016 17:41

My suggestion is:

1. Revert the breakable stuff on rings etc.
2. Go back to the old droprate(or close to) and how they drop.
3. Hammer the stat only imbuements to make more sense, and keep the others as
they were(if they are deemed fine).

4. Measure and monitor over time.
5. Make additional (but single _small_ parameter adjustments) if necessary.
6. Profit?

-Even if they get alot of imbues of a certain type, they can only utilize/use a limited
number at a time anyway. Rest possibly flows into the economy/EH sales or being stored
for later use. Comparsions in other games: gems and enchants in wow, eq etc.

-Even with the most intense imbues, they should not be strong enough to break the
game. They should aid/assist, and not to be the primary powerfactor.

Thoughts?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Mar 2016 17:51

Agree with Kas here.
I dont really get why this wasnt done in the first place?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kilrayne
Apprentice

Post by Kilrayne » 03 Mar 2016 18:26

Agree with Kas' suggestions, maybe take a harder look at the stat imbues, but leave others alone (for now). Revert drop rate back to prior levels. Maybe hamper proliferation a bit by prohibiting script AH whoring, perhaps even limiting the number of purchases that can be made on the AH by a character to a certain number per calendar day or number per arma. Perhaps reconsider buyouts and limit AH purchases to straight auction. That way more players will get a look at items (although you could argue it could turn into a wealth arms race that younger or poorer characters would lose). would also take a hard look at break rates. Nothing would suck worse than having a hefty imbue than watching it go poof shortly after getting it (especially if crafting!)

I like imbues, and didn't necessarily see alot as a casual-ish player. I've saved stones for crafting, but now I'm more inclined to hoard stones then sell or share, or even use them. Although I can understand some of the concerns stated,my perception most of them apply to the larger hardcore crowd and not so much to players like me.

Like some of the ideas around static timers, but think that the timer should be based on the strength of the imbue. There's not alot of incentive for me to craft a strong imbue if I'm going to lose it in five days or if it will break easily.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/