Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ydred
Veteran

Re: Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

Post by Ydred » 04 Mar 2016 20:14

Only Admin have access to imbuement distribution tables. No other wizards. If you believe there is cheating going on, I will listen. I have no reason to believe that any of the Admin are untrustworthy, however. Quite to the contrary.
From a players perspective, this would be harder to prove than for you wizs to prove some player is botting illegally.

There is no gain for it to be in anyones hands but the Keeper. If the Keeper is thought of as corrupt well we would all be in trouble (especially if true). I dont think many or probably any distrust you to this degree. But do some distrust some of the admin? I would say yep.

If table remains accessible to any admin beyond keeper (who can literally do anything if they wanted) then there will always be these conspiracies. Since they cant be proven they will only continue to fester. But if it was only in the Keepers hands, then they would die down. Til then they will just fester. More contempt more anger for those who believe them. Just the way conspiracies work.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Mar 2016 20:16

Yeah, just the way they work. The Admin will always run this game. I as Keeper just act as final arbiter and guide for vision. You will have to trust us, I am afraid. There is no cherry picking or leaking from Admin - of that I am quite confident.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Mar 2016 20:21

Ydred wrote:
Only Admin have access to imbuement distribution tables. No other wizards. If you believe there is cheating going on, I will listen. I have no reason to believe that any of the Admin are untrustworthy, however. Quite to the contrary.
From a players perspective, this would be harder to prove than for you wizs to prove some player is botting illegally.

There is no gain for it to be in anyones hands but the Keeper. If the Keeper is thought of as corrupt well we would all be in trouble (especially if true). I dont think many or probably any distrust you to this degree. But do some distrust some of the admin? I would say yep.

If table remains accessible to any admin beyond keeper (who can literally do anything if they wanted) then there will always be these conspiracies. Since they cant be proven they will only continue to fester. But if it was only in the Keepers hands, then they would die down. Til then they will just fester. More contempt more anger for those who believe them. Just the way conspiracies work.
There are 6 people in total who can access imbuement info. What Laurel keeps mentioning is how it worked when imbuements were new, and some wizard (or wizards?) abused this information and shared it, but that was changed long ago. Before I became admin, so at least 2 years ago. I don't know the exact details on this, but I am sure the current admin handled it.

Restricting it further to just ONE person sounds to me a bit overkill, and it also prevents any other admin to fix any issues with the system, or restore people's lost imbues, and things like that, should Gorboth not be around. And it would put a lot of pressure on one person to handle everything with imbues as well, causing even more frustrated mortals when something goes wrong and that one person is not around to fix it I would suspect.

And is this even a problem? Who has any proof of admins sharing imbuement info? It just seems like a random thing to claim. "Because the admin has access to imbuement info they could cheat.". Well, "Ydred knows how to script, so he could use his knowledge to cheat". Best to remove his access from the game since there is a possibility he could cheat? That sounds a bit silly.:)

Seriously, we must be able to run the game, and you'll simply have to trust we don't cheat.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 Mar 2016 20:25

Cherek wrote:And is this even a problem? Who has any proof of admins sharing imbuement info? It just seems like a random thing to claim. "Because the admin has access to imbuement info they could cheat.". Well, "Ydred knows how to script, so he could use his knowledge to cheat". Best to remove his access form the game since there is a possibility he could cheat? That sounds a bit silly.:)
Oh, you playing this old and loose string again ... "proof" from a player of a text based game should be a "text log" or rather a "print screen"? Sounds bullet- and water-proof.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Mar 2016 20:31

This has gone far afield and is no longer a productive thread. There is a new common board post to be read, anyway.

Locked.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/