Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

Post by Cherek » 04 Mar 2016 14:49

Sykil wrote:One line fix of code on aubid: Is player in auction house?
Nothing else need to change. Instant fix.
Sure technically yes. But why would some flying brownie come and take your money if you'e in the auction house? Makes no sense. Like I said, need to fix the story part too.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 04 Mar 2016 15:03

Jar's delayed buy-now seems like a move in the right direction, but it's still defeating BN... What about just ignoring BN for the first five minutes of an auction?

As for sniping, adding some variance can solve that. When the timer runs down you add a random number of s econds but the timer reads "Any moment now."

Requiring people to go to AH is exactly the kind of thing I really think should be avoided. It hurts everyone and it doesn't actually solve the problem. People will either pile up in AH and idle or else just stop even the meager trickle of activity we're seeing right now.
Last edited by Mayobe on 04 Mar 2016 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 04 Mar 2016 15:04

Current bid string: A whatever take you money.
Replacement bid string: You pay Rommik.

Done? Or you need a tuck in with your story? :)
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 04 Mar 2016 15:06

Cherek wrote:
Sykil wrote:One line fix of code on aubid: Is player in auction house?
Nothing else need to change. Instant fix.
Sure technically yes. But why would some flying brownie come and take your money if you'e in the auction house? Makes no sense. Like I said, need to fix the story part too.
Replace the string.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 04 Mar 2016 15:18

It is no more awkward than having to run to the tent to get your item.

However, if it is any issue, do both?

Auction item is posted.
Paddle Alerts you.
You must run to tent to put in initial bid. (stops scriptors from quick buying and well I guess stops scripters from killing (if item is good enough)).

After intitial bid, you may then bid via paddle anywhere and anytime.

Downside, stops players from killing to bid.
Upside stops AH initial quick bids.

OR

Auction item is posted.
Paddle alerts you.
You must run to tent to bid.
If you win, item magically appears in your inventory. (dont need to waste time running to tent for item).

Downside if you are maxed encumbrance would have to make sure item didnt get lost?
run to tent for each bid.
Upside, no quick buys.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 04 Mar 2016 15:35

Why do you focus on need of moving personally to Sparkle? What is your goal? I thought it is remove auto scripts that using buy out option. If yes, Jar's proposal of delay before higher bid and finish of auction is much easier to implement and fully fulfill the goal.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 04 Mar 2016 15:40

If you put a wait period, I can simply put a script to try to bid on an item every 5s til it bids and you will have same issue.

And if you stop that then if I have alot of money I can still just win any auctionr (with a buy out).

Perhaps another easy solution is to remove all buy out options?

I really have no care. I win many auctions when I want. But I dont mind traveling to sparkle either. Some might, but then is the auction up really worth it to them? Or is it worth it more to those who will go to tent?

Forcing travel to the tent adds value to the auction itself. Not money mind you but time. And since it isnt money the richest cant just win easy, so it sort of levels the field abit more with time (time to run to tent) used as another form of value.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 04 Mar 2016 15:49

Ydred wrote:If you put a wait period, I can simply put a script to try to bid on an item every 5s til it bids and you will have same issue.

And if you stop that then if I have alot of money I can still just win any auctionr (with a buy out).

Perhaps another easy solution is to remove all buy out options?

I really have no care. I win many auctions when I want. But I dont mind traveling to sparkle either. Some might, but then is the auction up really worth it to them? Or is it worth it more to those who will go to tent?

Forcing travel to the tent adds value to the auction itself. Not money mind you but time.
For me it is OK. If you bid higer price than my you will win. But I want to have a chance to bid as well. For instance a newbe put in AH an orkish scimitar with DEX imbue and give buy out price 50 pc. Someones AH scrip will give this 50 pc. But I will have a chance to give my 150 pc. If you give after me 200 pc it is OK. You will win. But for sure everyone who has AH scripts probably has some max values for every kind of imbue. And I biding manualy can decide if I want to bid higher price or not. That is the goal of Jar's proposal I think.
And as side effect this newbe can have three or four as much money as he wanted to receive.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 04 Mar 2016 15:58

For me it is OK. If you bid higer price than my you will win. But I want to have a chance to bid as well. For instance a newbe put in AH an orkish scimitar with DEX imbue and give buy out price 50 pc. Someones AH scrip will give this 50 pc. But I will have a chance to give my 150 pc. If you give after me 200 pc it is OK. You will win. But for sure everyone who has AH scripts probably has some max values for every kind of imbue. And I biding manualy can decide if I want to bid higher price or not. That is the goal of Jar's proposal I think.
And as side effect this newbe can have three or four as much money as he wanted to receive.
I follow. And I think to do this it would require only removing all buy outs? Or I guess adding a case where if the auction is bid to max .... say 50pc it wont end for 5mins? 10mins? (whatever some time) and in this Going once going twice period, someone bids more than 50pc (say 60pc) the auction would then become open ended? I wouldnt have any issue with this either. Also when 60pc is bid it would be back to the 5mins? 10mins timer so auction could keep going up?

But If you add time to the equation where time is a value then even the richest are more equal cause they will need to waste the time to get to tent if they really want it. So all their mounds of gold mean little unless they spend some time, the same time anyoen else will (unless you are more than one boat from sparkle perhaps).

Also I do find it funny to envision a glittering ogre stone going up for sale for 1000pc and it is won by the fastest to the tent. All the script killers having #beeps going off trying to alert them to the bad ass posting ...... oh but wait what script killers are always afk! (sarcasm okie?) so they cant win here!

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 04 Mar 2016 16:11

Ydred wrote:Forcing travel to the tent adds value to the auction itself. Not money mind you but time. And since it isnt money the richest cant just win easy, so it sort of levels the field abit more with time (time to run to tent) used as another form of value.
So if i grind and script-kill during day at trolls and sleep-camp and script-buy at the ten at night - it will be allright?

What stops me from camping at the tent when i am not really around? You can idle as much as you want, do not you?
I just happen to arise when there is something to buy out and then go back to iddling. Just a coincidence, really.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/