Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

Post by Amberlee » 22 Feb 2016 23:56

gorboth wrote:
Freya wrote:Limiting it to 5 or 7 days would mean the casual gamers, who play a couple of hours here and there, gets hardly any use of imbues.

I'd rather have it as a counter, giving you say 5 days of aging for an imbue or something,that way the people who cant play 12hours a day also can get to have fun with imbues.
So playing one hour a day would mean you could keep such an item for 120 days? I think not.

G.

Why is that a bad thing?
Both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer gets the same amount of use from it.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Feb 2016 00:02

Amberlee wrote:
gorboth wrote:
Freya wrote:Limiting it to 5 or 7 days would mean the casual gamers, who play a couple of hours here and there, gets hardly any use of imbues.

I'd rather have it as a counter, giving you say 5 days of aging for an imbue or something,that way the people who cant play 12hours a day also can get to have fun with imbues.
So playing one hour a day would mean you could keep such an item for 120 days? I think not.

G.

Why is that a bad thing?
Both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer gets the same amount of use from it.
I like the idea of it lasting 5 days for both hardcore or casual players. This encourages the casual player to be a bit more hardcore for the time they have it. "Use it or lose it" is incentive to play the game more, which I am always a fan of. A player having the weapon of their dreams for three months is not part of any build I am imagining.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 23 Feb 2016 00:06

gorboth wrote:
What if, when you *crafted* an imbuement on a item:
  • The item becomes soulbound - you cannot drop it or give it away.
  • The item becomes permanant and loads on you when you log in without need for a droproom.
  • The item becomes unbreakable.
  • A timer starts, and five days later, the item melts and is lost.
I think it might solve a lot of different issues, but it might also create some other problems.

Thoughts?
G.
This will be horrible for guild who assemble to share their stones. Items go from able to be share across the entire guild's logins throughout the day to be just for one person. That is much less fun. For entire guild will be much less fun. No more gathering imbue stone together.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 23 Feb 2016 00:13

gorboth wrote:
I like the idea of it lasting 5 days for both hardcore or casual players. This encourages the casual player to be a bit more hardcore for the time they have it. "Use it or lose it" is incentive to play the game more, which I am always a fan of. A player having the weapon of their dreams for three months is not part of any build I am imagining.

G.
G. it doesnt work that way, casual player wont play longer cuz of such rule, he will play as long as he was, but he wont use imbues or very rarely.
You can do double check, why not? 5 days of game time but no longer than 2-3armas, and there you have good solution for casual player or hardcore like me.
If you wont do double check than you promote my gamestyle but not casual player. What worse it will be another argument for casual to leave this game.

trick
Apprentice

Post by trick » 23 Feb 2016 00:25

gorboth wrote:I like the idea of it lasting 5 days for both hardcore or casual players. This encourages the casual player to be a bit more hardcore for the time they have it. "Use it or lose it" is incentive to play the game more, which I am always a fan of. A player having the weapon of their dreams for three months is not part of any build I am imagining.

G.
Right idea, wrong incentive. For example, from my perspective, I would *love* to play Genesis more, but due to RL there are quite limited hours I can devote to it. "Using it or losing it" for people constrained by RL is just a sort of punishment for spending their limited time trying to acquire something.

TBH, I believe these things should be looked at from a more realistic standpoint.

In this particular discussion, the categorization depends on time available for play.

- What things should be available to people who can average 12-18h/day gametime?
- What things would be available to people who can average 3-4h every day?
- What about those who can only spare 3-4h every week?
- Does game offer ANY reasonable path for growth to anyone who can only play about 1h every other day at all?

Which is the primary demographic? Which is the secondary?

It is natural that players who play the most expect the better possibility of gaining top items. Nothing wrong with that.

However, if there are 2-5 players who can afford to play 10h per day, and maybe 100 players who can afford to only play 2h per day, then tailoring the game to the marathon players could lead to dissatisfied "middle class". And we all know where that leads. ;)

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 23 Feb 2016 18:04

gorboth wrote:

G.

Of course it would need some tweaking, I was just making a suggestion that could also cater for the people who cant play 10-15hours a day :)

Have it for 5 days(5*24) or have it disimbue after say 1 or 2 armas, that way someone who plays casually will still get to enjoy their imbues.

Btw I still think the breaking all armour slots to prevent imbue abuse is a bad one, it was only really the stat-raise imbues that were broken, and for the most of us getting an intense stones means years or gathering(I got 5-6 glittering stones and I've been collecting stones since they were introduced).
But if the current system is kept, whats the point in imbuing something if the ring/amulet/bracelet/boots or whatever its on breaks in a couple of days? Not much fun collecting for years only to get to use it for an afteroon or two...

silas
Novice

Post by silas » 26 Feb 2016 14:57

So that auction house is a lot less entertaining now.

I agree with people who said stat imbuements were the only thing needed fixing. If I have been collecting for ages hoarding plats to get +10 in a weapon skill it feels... not worth it.. unless I can enjoy that increase for some time (ie more than 5 days). The skill imbues are quite weak, but a nifty thing, but not something in need of nerfing.

trick
Apprentice

Post by trick » 26 Feb 2016 16:10

Freya wrote:I'd rather have it as a counter, giving you say 5 days of aging for an imbue or something,that way the people who cant play 12hours a day also can get to have fun with imbues.

G.[/quote]

Hmm, I really haven't yet learned much about the imbue system, so pardon me, if I make an ass of myself, but considering I play about an hour a day, what seems to be the problem?

I have no idea about the time frames, but let's say a player spends, what, an average of 20hours of gameplay to get a kick-ass imbue?

For a powerplayer it would mean maybe 3 days, yes?

For someone who plays about 1h per day it would mean that same kick-ass imbue would only be available in about 20 days, on average.

Tagging it to the amount of player's gametime is the most direct way of ensuring a level field, isn't it?

I mean, if I get that uberimbue and decide to play the heck out of it, then it would expire in the same time as it does for the powerplayer, no?

Otherwise, insofar as those bloody imbues are concerned, we both spend the same amount of our personal lifes to get that thingie and we can enjoy it for the same amount of the time of our lives we spend playing, no?

If imbues are to be the reward for people who play more and if it is all about that, then no problem. Just declare it so and let people who grind 10-18h+ (as I understand) enjoy them?

Then again, all that sounds such a hot bloody topic as if the whole game was nothing, but imbue hunting. Bwah.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 26 Feb 2016 19:11

Now me !
- I have some imbues but useing them for 3-5 days ... well, I'll pass
- new imbue system looks good in theory : AH shows that it does not work ? I mean : no way everyone keeps all for him/herself now.
- the point was to make imbues use as get from dead NPC ? Bracers, greaves etc. ? Well, when they are not on "farming" areas and shows on "unused/unkilled/less popular ones" looks like the imbues are on spoons, skirts, tunics, sandals etc. Items that are not worthy of use, bonus from imbue too small. Double-fail. Just my opinion.
- once more : items should be for some time, equal for everyone ? Well, changes made them calians-friendly (and other team-members on back of tank). Maybe the better idea was to make rings/medallion still unbreakable and set time-limit for imbue ? Maybe limit imbues on single player ? Will it be more equal i guess ?

I do agree that some imbues makes game bit unbalanced. But you return just after tree-giving-imbues-a-lot. A lot of seconds every day spin wheel. And a lot of glittering stones "enter" game. And after each 20-22 days intense changed intro ordinary stone. A lot of stones appear in game. And you , G., came back to see that mess.
Most unfortunate moment.

Take a moment and re-discuss the changes. For now I'll give it a 3-4 weeks when stones from lapidarium are used and we'll see the game imbues free like few years ago.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Feb 2016 19:52

morgzaash wrote: - new imbue system looks good in theory : AH shows that it does not work ? I mean : no way everyone keeps all for him/herself now.
I think we should give it a little more time. As with any new system it will probably take some time for people to figure out how to best benefit from it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/