Stat Imbuements ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Stat Imbuements ...

Post by Amberlee » 24 Feb 2016 23:50

Irk wrote:and move behind :D

I hear rumors you have that skill perfected.
Oh sorry.. We werent talking RL here :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 25 Feb 2016 00:25

and move behind :D

Now wouldnt that be an interesting merc ability. Stolen Training. If you are a merc you can replace 2-3 weapon types with a unique guild ability that does no damage or replaces something that does. So instead of doing damage with all weapons types you could reduce the number of weapons you were proficient from all 5 to 2.

And you gain Stolen Training.
You may pick one unique guild attack. And one unique guild skill to emulate.

So move behind, fling, archer bow aiming?, could replace mattack. You wouldnt take kattack or battack as these are the same as mattack. For instance.

But you could fling instead of mattack. Or move behind instead, etc.

And then you could lose abilities in 2-3 weapon types to say Rescue or Brawl or berserk etc.

I know but wow would mercs be fun. :) haha

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 25 Feb 2016 00:54

I think that would create all sorts of balance and thematic issues.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Feb 2016 02:05

I think Laurel felt that when I reinforce behavior I like to see from players with praise it is manipulative and the sort of thing a schoolteacher does to little kids to get them to behave better. Correct me if I am wrong, Laurel, but this is how I read it. I'll just go ahead and say that my appreciation was completely in earnest, and yes, it was a praise.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 25 Feb 2016 02:27

I think that would create all sorts of balance and thematic issues.
More than likely, but a Merc can dream :)
I think Laurel felt that when I reinforce behavior I like to see from players with praise it is manipulative and the sort of thing a schoolteacher does to little kids to get them to behave better. Correct me if I am wrong, Laurel, but this is how I read it. I'll just go ahead and say that my appreciation was completely in earnest, and yes, it was a praise.

G.
I, personally, did not take it negative way. I do however not think you were so excited it needed the exclamation point :P .... *sees Gorboth at his table cheering as a he types a post* is funny though in my head. haha

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Feb 2016 06:25

Dude, have you read my posts? I'm an exclamation point junkie! ;-)

I also like old-school emoticons.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Titan

Post by Avatar » 25 Feb 2016 08:26

gorboth wrote: I also like old-school emoticons.

G.
Nah, you're just old. ;)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

trick
Apprentice

Post by trick » 25 Feb 2016 10:11

Ydred wrote:
and move behind :D

Now wouldnt that be an interesting merc ability. Stolen Training. If you are a merc you can replace 2-3 weapon types with a unique guild ability that does no damage or replaces something that does. So instead of doing damage with all weapons types you could reduce the number of weapons you were proficient from all 5 to 2.
{...}
I know but wow would mercs be fun. :) haha
Honestly, back in the olden days, there was some need for teaming up with other guilds.
You didn't much saw anyone running around alone.

Now, I can understand that while Genesis population dwindled, people were justified in grumbling about more need for, oh, Kaheda to be able to deal more damage, or Calians to be able to solo better.

But in general, I had sort of understood that Swiss-knife type of guilds were sort of unbecoming? Has that changed?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/