Stat Imbuements ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Stat Imbuements ...

Post by Cherek » 24 Feb 2016 18:04

Laurel: I moved your post on admin shortcomings to it's own thread. Let's stick to discussing the imbues here, and any talk about how admin does it's job can go in the new topic.

it can be found here: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=3487

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 24 Feb 2016 18:28

But I guess it showed more clearly that IF people get many glitterings they can grown insanely big and almost break the game. And I'd like to keep being able to use them as prizes in events without breaking the game
And so now the insane stats are being addressed. And we know this was a temporary influx that has never happened before. So then we can say 22days using an imbue isnt as unbalanced as it could be since no one was getting so many imbues as to make a glittering or probably pronounced every 22days.

This was something I didnt understand from the get go. So it is possible that the only thing that needs to be done is reduce the effect of stat imbues. And not anything else. Or I would say 5days is very very low. An arma in time would be probably low too. But far better.

All I have learned is the stats were breaking the game due to glittering stat imbues, but none was finding ways to save them quickly every 22days to have a intense set up. It was all due to the tree. And now that stat imbues are reduced .... should we take the fun of having something for 22days (this is perfect making of imbue as soon as arma sets which isnt always possible).

I think we did learn from this that saving imbues would be cool .... an item saves on you so anyone can have fun with their own imbues. But if the stones are balanced, is five days enough for all the effort put in? I think I am starting to side with Jooli, 5days is not enough. 11 would be far better but still probably low, and 22 was being done for quite some time probably with faint and pronounced imbues with no real issues and then the tree showed intense ones in mass were to powerful. Not that 22days was bad.

I think we have learned 22days isnt so bad. And that many players would like to enjoy imbues by the item, when imbued, saving on them til it dies. The question then becomes where do we go? We would have to say which items can not be imbued .... I bet that list is pretty short though. BMP for 22days would be bad, etc.

Anyway, this is where Laurel and I were so mad. We the players who know far more than you the admin (seem to give us credit for) and would happily address and admit to short comings. We saw Morrison and Jooli give insights that many of us couldnt. And we learned alot. This type of arguing, though heated at times, could go on in the future, before implementing a fix. We could hash out alot of brainstorm ideas .... find flaws etc all without any code being done. But I admit, this would mean trust. And given genesis of old ... it is hard to trust. But cant we get past our 20s? And move into our 40s and 50s? Surely we can all grow up and allow this trust to improve the game we all enjoy in some fashion.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Feb 2016 18:49

Ydred: Well it was not only the intense imbues, even with the yule lottery people had very few of those. Those with most imbues had mostly pronounced and faints on them. Lots of them. And people used intense before too, when finding them on something naturally. The lottery upped the amount of specifically imbued intense stuff though, which perhaps made the problem a bit more apparent.

As for the rest, I am not so old and/or "disconnected" that I do not know how it is to play and collect imbuement stones!:) I totally get why you are all upset. But I also get why this change was made and the way it was made. Without the last 1.5 year or so of Admin experience I would probably be standing at the fence screaming too (although a bit more politely). But working with running this game is not an easy task, and things won't work like in a commercial multi-million dollar game. Yes, this change seemed abrupt and erratic, we all get that, and we also all get it caused many players to feel cheated and upset. But it also got the ball rolling on something that really has needed a tweak long before the yule lottery.

And we're all also very aware that there are many players who know more about playing the game than us. I said that before too. Obviously Morrison knows more about being a supermyth than I do, and Joe the newbie knows more about being a newbie. That's natural. And we do listen. Every mail that has been sent about this has been read, and replied to I think? And we have discussed this upstairs everyvday since the change was made. If it seems like we do not care what players think, that's not the case. But you can't compare us to Blizzard either. Life as a wizard IS pretty erratic, and sometimes chaotic and frustrating, I am sure anyone who has ever tried to wiz seriously would agree. It's the nature of a volunteer and always changing team of developers.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 24 Feb 2016 19:33

But you can't compare us to Blizzard either.
Not saying we are. And is exactly why as Laurel and I are saying .... we need to hash this out way more than you think. Because we DO lack the resources that blizzard has.

With the type of game we have, we dont need to quick fix .... oops bad fix ... oops bad fix again etc. We dont have the wizs for this. We can spend more time on the drawing board thinking of outcomes and THEN implement. And part of that drawing board is the knowledge the players have.

Haste makes waste. And I know you think a week or two is alot. But as this case is showing, it isnt much time at all. And the game wont be broken in the process of finding a fix. I bet if you asked the superbads to just stop wearing imbues til we hash something out and then code it .... they would.

So no your most recent words start to say, nope the solution is already implemented and we are sticking with it come hell or high water. 5days is not enough, period. I am in that camp now. But if I am hearing right, well it is already done ... 5days is it yada yada ..... hell or high water. That is all I am seeing yet again. Even though you say it very nicely.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Feb 2016 21:42

Ydred wrote:
But I guess it showed more clearly that IF people get many glitterings they can grown insanely big and almost break the game. And I'd like to keep being able to use them as prizes in events without breaking the game
And so now the insane stats are being addressed. And we know this was a temporary influx that has never happened before. So then we can say 22days using an imbue isnt as unbalanced as it could be since no one was getting so many imbues as to make a glittering or probably pronounced every 22days.

This was something I didnt understand from the get go. So it is possible that the only thing that needs to be done is reduce the effect of stat imbues. And not anything else. Or I would say 5days is very very low. An arma in time would be probably low too. But far better.

All I have learned is the stats were breaking the game due to glittering stat imbues, but none was finding ways to save them quickly every 22days to have a intense set up. It was all due to the tree. And now that stat imbues are reduced .... should we take the fun of having something for 22days (this is perfect making of imbue as soon as arma sets which isnt always possible).

I think we did learn from this that saving imbues would be cool .... an item saves on you so anyone can have fun with their own imbues. But if the stones are balanced, is five days enough for all the effort put in? I think I am starting to side with Jooli, 5days is not enough. 11 would be far better but still probably low, and 22 was being done for quite some time probably with faint and pronounced imbues with no real issues and then the tree showed intense ones in mass were to powerful. Not that 22days was bad.

I think we have learned 22days isnt so bad. And that many players would like to enjoy imbues by the item, when imbued, saving on them til it dies. The question then becomes where do we go? We would have to say which items can not be imbued .... I bet that list is pretty short though. BMP for 22days would be bad, etc.

Anyway, this is where Laurel and I were so mad. We the players who know far more than you the admin (seem to give us credit for) and would happily address and admit to short comings. We saw Morrison and Jooli give insights that many of us couldnt. And we learned alot. This type of arguing, though heated at times, could go on in the future, before implementing a fix. We could hash out alot of brainstorm ideas .... find flaws etc all without any code being done. But I admit, this would mean trust. And given genesis of old ... it is hard to trust. But cant we get past our 20s? And move into our 40s and 50s? Surely we can all grow up and allow this trust to improve the game we all enjoy in some fashion.
I really like this post, Ydred. Thanks for the collaborative and helpful tone!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 24 Feb 2016 22:14

So with stat imbues nerfed, lets get the other imbues back to being useful? Meaning let the armour slots that dont break (rings,amulets, boots etc)back to not taking hits, but limit it so 1 player can only imbue say 3 items per armageddon. Also limit if so people can only were 3 imbues at the same time.

Also I'd much rather prefer to imbue something saving, then have it maybe save the next reboot(odds are so low of anything saving 2 armas in a row anyhow)so I don't see it ruining the game.

That way if you manage to save up to a glittering stone, at least then you'd be able to use it for like 1,5-2 armas, which would be much more worth it for us who collect stones and didnt participate in this lottery :)

And people need to take a chill pill, yelling and accusing people of ruining the game won't get you anywhere, if anything it will just make the wizards involved get less intrested in player dialogue in the future. (And yes I know I havent always had the same view on this in the past, I'd say its because I am not as hooked on the game as in the past, its easier to see the bigger picture if it doesnt screw with your daily gaming habits :)

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 24 Feb 2016 23:06

And while we're on the issue of changing imbuements, remove xxx spells, keep spellcraft. Add herbalism, block, tracking, pick pocket, open lock, trading, language, appraise xxx.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 24 Feb 2016 23:14

Jooli wrote:And while we're on the issue of changing imbuements, remove xxx spells, keep spellcraft. Add herbalism, block, tracking, pick pocket, open lock, trading, language, appraise xxx.

missiles, backstab, fatigue regen, mana regen.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 24 Feb 2016 23:18

and move behind :D

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 24 Feb 2016 23:47

Irk wrote:and move behind :D
LOL

May I join in ?
slash, plex, kattack, impale, swarm etc.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/