Armageddon scheduled and more changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Armageddon scheduled and more changes ...

Post by Cherek » 25 Feb 2016 02:01

Mersereau wrote:That's not really what I asked. Given there is still a limit on some items once all the copies are out no one has a chance to get one, and with items breaking less that chance is even lessened. 5 copies of an item is still 5 copies, they just last longer. Once those 5 copies are out, until one breaks there won't be a new one. This change again restricts the opportunity to acquire unique gear.
I think you misunderstand. There is no set limit anymore. Just like Cotillion said in the post I linked, unique items instead have a set percentage chance to appear on an NPC on each spawn. So you can forget about old knowledge that "there can be only 3 crystal axes out" and similar. That does not apply anymore.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Feb 2016 02:03

Also, when an Army like this is triggered by wizards, all items save. So, if you bought something on AH, it will glow for you no matter what. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 25 Feb 2016 02:12

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood when the change was implemented. This certainly makes things a lot more palatable.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 25 Feb 2016 02:43

there can be only 3 crystal axes out
Wow. Now it will be only worth under 100 plats instead of the 1-3k I see it go for on AH at times.

The upside, many can now find crystal axes. :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Feb 2016 03:19

Ydred wrote:
there can be only 3 crystal axes out
Wow. Now it will be only worth under 100 plats instead of the 1-3k I see it go for on AH at times.

The upside, many can now find crystal axes. :)
This was a change made last Mars, nothing will change now regarding item distribution.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 25 Feb 2016 03:32

Good change!

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 25 Feb 2016 09:34

gorboth wrote:Also, when an Army like this is triggered by wizards, all items save. So, if you bought something on AH, it will glow for you no matter what. :-)

G.
Hope you're right because :
(...) an unusual double-bladed battleaxe, a holy crystal axe, (...) fail to glow briefly.

silas
Novice

Post by silas » 25 Feb 2016 10:20

I wonder, the changes to make amulets and rings and boots being able to break, was it intended to make regular magical items worse? Or was it targeted only at imbued ones? Because rare items such as blood-stone medallion is decidedly worse now.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Feb 2016 10:24

morgzaash wrote:
gorboth wrote:Also, when an Army like this is triggered by wizards, all items save. So, if you bought something on AH, it will glow for you no matter what. :-)

G.
Hope you're right because :
(...) an unusual double-bladed battleaxe, a holy crystal axe, (...) fail to glow briefly.
Once the Army is triggered, things get special treatment. Not before, though ...

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 25 Feb 2016 15:55

silas wrote:I wonder, the changes to make amulets and rings and boots being able to break, was it intended to make regular magical items worse? Or was it targeted only at imbued ones? Because rare items such as blood-stone medallion is decidedly worse now.
Blood-stone medallion, black enscrolled amulet, glittering ruby amulet, dark amulet of the storm, shiny silver ring, clear silver ring, thin gold ring, ruby-eyed snake ring, black-gem ring, etc. Maybe even ioun stones are affected when you hold them?

After reading some, you should alredy have known that such side effects were not considered before the implementation. The idea was to weaken imbuements with not much regard to how it my affect other aspects of the game.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/