Droprates in Grinding Zones

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Droprates in Grinding Zones

Post by Amberlee » 05 Mar 2016 10:15

Syrk wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Also funny.
Thinking locking threads and making new ones deflects attention from the issue at hand.
Agreed. Also quite disregarding...

And disconcerning.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Mar 2016 10:18

Melarec wrote:Perhaps have imbued items unable to break.
I know that at first that sounds ridiculous, but hear me out..

A player has an imbued item. A sword, lets say.
This sword has the highest imbue, lets call it 10.
Along the course of its use, the swords imbue loses strength. (10-9-8-7-6-etc..)
After much use, the imbue completely wears off. ("You feel the magic fade from your sword")
Now, the sword loses actual durability like regular items until it eventually breaks.

Now, this could be tweaked in different ways, like certain imbues fade more quickly than others, certain imbues fade more quickly at higher or lower levels, and so on.
Also, there could be a slight chance that an imbued item could just shatter anyway.. ("Despite the magic empowering it, your sword shatters")

I don't know. It seems like a fair compromise to me..
Maybe I'm completely wrong though. :roll:

EDIT: Syntax fix

Well for this to become a reality that would still make it worth it to chase intense imbues, then imbues would have to become more common and the bad imbues would have to go away.
Which again would completely work against the spirit of imbues.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 05 Mar 2016 18:46

Amberlee wrote:
Syrk wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Also funny.
Thinking locking threads and making new ones deflects attention from the issue at hand.
Agreed. Also quite disregarding...
And disconcerning.
Not sure if trolling...

silas
Novice

Post by silas » 06 Mar 2016 16:57

Gorboth,

If a decay-system is introduced, or now that you have nerfed stat-imbues, is it possible to make rings, boots, amulets unbreakable again? I find it tiresome that that stuff wear down fast and I believe nerfing regular magical items wasn't the idea behind the idea?

/Silas's player

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 Mar 2016 23:14

Hi Silas,

How fast are your rings, etc, wearing down and breaking? A big part of the new build is maintenance. Hopefully you are able to get things repaired and keep them longer.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 07 Mar 2016 01:54

1. For now I cannot see any diffrence in drop rates in grinding zones, but I believe I'll see some in time, the change seems like a move in good direction to return fun from the imbues. If non-dulling slots returned (at least some of them), imbuying something would become back a possible option.. If they do not return.. well, at least getting some imbues can make us consider if anything is worth imbuying. Anyway for now it is hard to imagine anyone spending his precious 9 stones to put an imbue on an item which can break in a few days.

2. Script-buying from AH. Since the previous topic is closed, I bring the question here. There were several opinions and proposals from players, but no opinion from wizards. After last change in droprate, some imbues should appear on AH, so the issue becomes important. The question is - is it ok like it is now with scripts buying out in 0,5 second or is any change considered?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Mar 2016 02:35

Val wrote: 2. Script-buying from AH. Since the previous topic is closed, I bring the question here. There were several opinions and proposals from players, but no opinion from wizards. After last change in droprate, some imbues should appear on AH, so the issue becomes important. The question is - is it ok like it is now with scripts buying out in 0,5 second or is any change considered?
I dont want to derail the discussion about droprates and imbuements so I created a new thread for this discussion. I do think it's a valid concern, and one we should look into. Please go here to see my reply: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=6&t=3519

silas
Novice

Post by silas » 07 Mar 2016 10:27

gorboth wrote:i Silas,

How fast are your rings, etc, wearing down and breaking? A big part of the new build is maintenance. Hopefully you are able to get things repaired and keep them longer.

G.
Well, they are wearing down slower than armours. My question is, was it an intended nerf and not just an attempt to balance imbues? If it was an intended nerf, well then I don't like it, but I guess I'll have to live with it. If it was intended to nerf imbues it worked for tankers but not for damage dealers.

If you code something like imbue decay to get at damage dealers, then I ask you to make rings etc unbreakable again as it is already hard work to be a tank in this game, with armours and everything falling off at inopportune moments - no need to add rings and amulets to the pike of junk that is amassing at my feet. :)

Jar
Apprentice

Post by Jar » 07 Mar 2016 14:48

I didn't notice increased drop rates in grinding zones. I'm unlucky in general though.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/