Bonk deleted

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Bonk deleted

Post by Draugor » 28 Dec 2016 17:09

nils wrote:All this talk about removing quests gives me a headache. I agree that some quests require a high degree of autism to complete without docs, but that doesn't prompt the removal of their neccessity. Have you all gone mad?
Not removal, make it optional.

And as a final to Dread, its really to much to just reply to.

You dont have to wait that long to pvp. I can have a pvp ready char in a year since I know that I have to grind the horrible quests. If a newbie gets the quests done, the grinding part is not that hard. You one of the church's drama group? Not sure as I dont visit that place anymore, but if so, go grow instead. And quest untill you puke. Or as I said, make quests optional and grow in a much less grievous way. Thats actually the best way to resolve the pvp problem, that and racemodifiers as I mention here below. And I've read what you wrote, you dont seem to get that its the best option for all.

AS to the optional questing I've been telling you a gazillion times, thats the best way to even out the playingfield as it gives newbies the same rate of growth.

Also, it IS whining, you're in a pvp game, as long as its not a break of either guild OR game rules, there is no real use in starting shit. And if its a breach in guildrule, take it up with the guilds council.
Nerfing the pvp system wont help, rather it will make stuff alot shittier. Instead remake the way you grow AND rather importantly, the racemodifiers. The modifiers are actually a gigantic problem, and this is comming from, Goblins have a huge edge, thats just the way it is. Much like elves have a huge edge as a racial base if you're a caster. If anything, implement some sort of pvp rule, but the insanity about pvp zones and stuff that some people have been ranting about... god no.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 28 Dec 2016 17:54

Draugor wrote:
nils wrote: You dont have to wait that long to pvp. I can have a pvp ready char in a year since I know that I have to grind the horrible quests. If a newbie gets the quests done, the grinding part is not that hard.
You can get all (except for some rly hard to get - like free Gunthar and gingerbread ofc) quests done in approx 5 days of playing time.
You need approx 20 more days of combat xp grind to reach legend/myth with proper race/guild setup (maybe less when you have folks to team with)
So nope - quest xp is much smaller issue than combat xp*

and again - make numbers count (so big team of smaller folks can gangbang 1-2 big myths who are terrorizing them)

* of course these numbers are from veteran player perspective (someone who's doing things for the first time will need considerably more time for both quest xp and combat xp grinding)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 28 Dec 2016 19:46

Draugor wrote:
nils wrote:All this talk about removing quests gives me a headache. I agree that some quests require a high degree of autism to complete without docs, but that doesn't prompt the removal of their neccessity. Have you all gone mad?
Not removal, make it optional.

And as a final to Dread, its really to much to just reply to.

You dont have to wait that long to pvp. I can have a pvp ready char in a year since I know that I have to grind the horrible quests. If a newbie gets the quests done, the grinding part is not that hard. You one of the church's drama group? Not sure as I dont visit that place anymore, but if so, go grow instead. And quest untill you puke. Or as I said, make quests optional and grow in a much less grievous way. Thats actually the best way to resolve the pvp problem, that and racemodifiers as I mention here below. And I've read what you wrote, you dont seem to get that its the best option for all.

AS to the optional questing I've been telling you a gazillion times, thats the best way to even out the playingfield as it gives newbies the same rate of growth.

Also, it IS whining, you're in a pvp game, as long as its not a break of either guild OR game rules, there is no real use in starting shit. And if its a breach in guildrule, take it up with the guilds council.
Nerfing the pvp system wont help, rather it will make stuff alot shittier. Instead remake the way you grow AND rather importantly, the racemodifiers. The modifiers are actually a gigantic problem, and this is comming from, Goblins have a huge edge, thats just the way it is. Much like elves have a huge edge as a racial base if you're a caster. If anything, implement some sort of pvp rule, but the insanity about pvp zones and stuff that some people have been ranting about... god no.
I know we are in a PVP game man, I want there to be PVP in it! As opposed to the griefing and whining about shit that is all that seems to happen now. We will have to agree to disagree that waiting a year to PVP is acceptable. I made a PVP capable character in 8 hours in 199?, that is what I am talking about. I don't even know what the "church drama group" is bro. So I am guessing no. My routine lately is getting on and working towards finding spells, which as it resembles questing, even slightly, I suck at horribly.

I am very confused about why what I am doing is whining. If that is the way you see it I will live with it I guess. I am not worried about the fact that I am smaller and wish I could pvp with the "big boys". Like I said, I can get big fairly simply, and I no longer need to quest. I wish the game allowed for all levels to PVP effectively, so that everyone could participate, usefully, in a matter of days/weeks. That is the goal I am going for, not whining that I can't hack it with the power-grinders. I apologize if I am not articulate enough to make you see the difference. From my perspective, the PVP system has already been nerfed, in that only huge toons and certain guilds can compete. That is what I want to change.

You think that just removing questing as necessary would do that? I am all for it. As I said, I haven't been addressing that specifically because there is already a thread where it got discussed ad nauseum. I completely agree as well on the racial mods. Also again though, there have been multiple threads over the years talking about that, and someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I am pretty sure that the wizard response was "Races aren't equal, and aren't going to be equal." Which is why I don't bother to bring it up.

At the end of the day, what I am trying to do is just get people talking about it. The glacial rate of change in the Donut dictates that if we don't keep talking about something, it will never ever change. Sometimes, it never will anyway. I.E. Race imbalance. I wish I had a plat for every note about that issue.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 28 Dec 2016 19:57

Kvator wrote:You can get all (except for some rly hard to get - like free Gunthar and gingerbread ofc) quests done in approx 5 days of playing time.
You need approx 20 more days of combat xp grind to reach legend/myth with proper race/guild setup (maybe less when you have folks to team with)
So nope - quest xp is much smaller issue than combat xp*

* of course these numbers are from veteran player perspective (someone who's doing things for the first time will need considerably more time for both quest xp and combat xp grinding)
All you are doing is making me envy your quest notes lol. There is no way in hell I could do the quests (leaving out the obvious as you said), in 5 days of time. I ran into more that seemed to be broken/once per arma than I thought there was as well. Many of those I believe have been fixed now, but who knows.

The grind group thing as well, I would disagree with. Except for extremely rare cases, you aren't grinding that fast solo, and getting into a good grinding group seems pretty elusive as well.
Kvator wrote:***and again - make numbers count (so big team of smaller folks can gangbang 1-2 big myths who are terrorizing them)***
This is exactly what I am trying to argue.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 28 Dec 2016 20:07

Dread wrote: All you are doing is making me envy your quest notes lol. There is no way in hell I could do the quests (leaving out the obvious as you said), in 5 days of time. I ran into more that seemed to be broken/once per arma than I thought there was as well. Many of those I believe have been fixed now, but who knows.

You are 12 days 14 hours 12 minutes 16 seconds of age.

my 'newest' alt - got all quests except for 'free Gunthar'

at 10 days mark he got it already (just added gingerbread recenty) while grinded some combat xp and joined Rangers (so a bit of application stuff/quests etc) as well. Of course needed help at few (caravan,yeti,2 or 3 drakes) - but getting help from bigger players is not thaaaat hard.

I am sharing my quest notes when any1 asks for these since quite some time (before it was legal lol)

and yes PvP need to be changed at its core (make team-oriented abilities global, decrease defences while tanking multiple enemies and so and so) not by changing things 'related' to it (like size)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Dec 2016 03:15

Races SHOULDNT be equal, cant have an even 100 all the way, but the differences dont need to be as gigantic on the stats as they are now

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 27 Feb 2017 16:55

Cherek wrote:
Like Draugor said it IS possible to stay out of conflicts and PVP though, but your RP and guild choices must also reflect your pacifistic ways. And it requires being very careful when grinding as well, as a stolen kill (usually due to poor scripts), or being in an area that someone has decided to protect, or keep to themselves, can be enough to end up in PVP. It's possible to stay out of it though, I've managed as a player in the past to stay from any conflict in a very long time, .
I have been out for 20 years, except when a thief riffled my pockets several times in Sparkle.
He asked for it.

So I guess I am qualified for beeing one who tried to stay out.
Yet, when someone stole my kill bringing darkness to the room and then when I told him about it demanded me to drop my sword and armour I calmly clutched my hand in my pocket and left.
But that was not enough. A few minutes later I get various telepatic threats I could not reply to, not could I reply as I did not know the bullys name.
Still a few mins later I am scried and statclouds are thrown at the exit as telepatic threats as "the hunt is on" is given.

How do one stay out?
By dropping the eq and run?

Oh, yes, the encounter was in shire orc camp.
Maybe the camp is a protected area I did not know about.
That might ofcourse have been the excuse to chase people like that.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 27 Feb 2017 21:59

It looks like mega RPer behaviour - Emraht. Great char for the game :D

Titan

Post by Avatar » 28 Feb 2017 15:32

Emraht is bored as hell. Because of this he has decided to fuck things up for as many people as possible. Call it RP. I call it something else.

Last comment was not aimed at your post, Irk. Was obvious you were being quite sarcastic about his behaviour.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Tommo
Beginner

Post by Tommo » 13 Nov 2017 20:27

This almost certainly has been suggested but i could not spot it in the thread.

The biggest impact on a player death is XP loss i guess?? equip and money can be recovered pretty quickly. For PVP deaths only remove the xp loss all together? This would allow players to dual and RP combat scenarios more freely and with less stress on losing. OR if this is a little to radical , prevent any further xp loss until after recovery is completed for any PVP deaths?

if the impact on a player is less then hunting over and over may lose its fun for those players who engage in this?

just a thought

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/