Bonk deleted

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Bonk deleted

Post by Draugor » 18 Dec 2016 00:07

Davvol wrote:
Draugor wrote:

The problem is however when we have a couple of people that are unbeatable and are just... well killing everyone, the game would be out of people in a month :P
I don't think so. I remember old days, when "violent" was "end of the game". And "critical hits" from NPCs was reality, there was chance to die from FVW with immortall con fighting ant in Sparkle.

Aye, but imagine if people are throwing such a damn cryfest over getting killed with recovery? How crazy do you think they would go if they couldnt recover in a week or two?

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 18 Dec 2016 00:14

Draugor wrote: Aye, but imagine if people are throwing such a damn cryfest over getting killed with recovery? How crazy do you think they would go if they couldnt recover in a week or two?
If they had a gut to play this game for 20 years, they will continue. But it should be "natural" process. One "super myth" per month should die, for example. And it is possible to combine it with "death plateau", so once you reach the myth, you will stay myth. As result we will have a game full of growing up ppls and "newbie myths" all around, who will have fun PVPing, gathering team to do Mithas and so. I think it is worth to think about it.
Yes, i think it's best idea i can come up with. Remove death recovery and add a death plateau. And some wizards effort for "surprise deaths" for super myths. It will limit stats on level slightly over the myth in natural way.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 18 Dec 2016 00:36

Davvol wrote:
Draugor wrote: Aye, but imagine if people are throwing such a damn cryfest over getting killed with recovery? How crazy do you think they would go if they couldnt recover in a week or two?
If they had a gut to play this game for 20 years, they will continue. But it should be "natural" process. One "super myth" per month should die, for example. And it is possible to combine it with "death plateau", so once you reach the myth, you will stay myth. As result we will have a game full of growing up ppls and "newbie myths" all around, who will have fun PVPing, gathering team to do Mithas and so. I think it is worth to think about it.
Yes, i think it's best idea i can come up with. Remove death recovery and add a death plateau. And some wizards effort for "surprise deaths" for super myths. It will limit stats on level slightly over the myth in natural way.
No death recovery? Are we removing brute in this situation as well?

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 18 Dec 2016 03:21

Mayhaps a scaling system based on levels?
If an individual is killed (in PvP) they lose xp based on the level of their killer, at 10% per level of difference.
So, 50% for same level, 40% loss if killed by one level higher, 30% for two higher and so on. Stopping at 10% loss or perhaps 5% for those who are five or more levels above.
And the same in reverse as well. A 60% loss for being killed by someone a level lower, 70% for two lower, and so on. Stopping at 90%.

A start of an idea, anyhow. Though I did kind of butcher the explanation. ;-;

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 18 Dec 2016 05:34

they is big problem, and I know is "there is no surprise death to myth feature".

most fun in game is dying to ant for crit you in sudden

You die!

fuhhhhh.... yes, oh god is so good, thank to genesis

wizard, please fix. you see this problem, i say is problem. now is easy, yes? You fix. surprise death go
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Dec 2016 09:05

Davvol wrote:
The Myth plateu has merit imo. Thing is alot of people wont ever reach myth since they get nuked way ahead of that.

Also, most of the really big whiners arent people that have been here for 20 years, I know Avatar for instance doesent bitch much, other than the occasional fit about AA beeing nerfed to shit, wich he's right in.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 18 Dec 2016 09:47

Death plateau should be on each mortal level. Let take a look at brute levels.
If you managed to do like 80-90% of quests (you have like 30 left), then you will become Legend on somewhat violent. It is completely doable and is, let say, what every player can achieve. And after you did that - boom, your death plateau protects you from dropping below legend level. For goblin that means supreme physical or very close to it. That's completely enough to enjoy most part of the content we have in game. You can get almost any peace of gear solo, you can team up with friends and do Mithas trolls or Icewall. Now, next depends on your playing skills, what, ultimately, is how often you die. If you can stay away from Lars for month or two - you will reach Myth on violent/very violent. And that's, pretty much, is "end of the game". You won, you are Myth and will stay Myth forever, and you can grow father, but due to absence of death recovery only very few will reach so high AVG we how now on so-called super myths.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Dec 2016 09:51

True true, so death plateu is actually the most fair option then, wont gimp oldies and it wont make people become hero 500 times, now lets just see if Gorby and the rest agrees :o

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 18 Dec 2016 12:04

Since we're all just throwing ideas out there - how about we remove recovery and make the highest title champion?

We enjoyed the game back then too.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Dec 2016 12:09

nils wrote:Since we're all just throwing ideas out there - how about we remove recovery and make the highest title champion?

We enjoyed the game back then too.

Mentioned that a few times and I would rather have the champion titles to be the biggest again, as it is now its just about people knowing with certainy whos huge and people are so scared of loosing their title that they dont have the balls to enter any sort of pvp since they are chasing myth

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/