Bonk deleted

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Bonk deleted

Post by OgreToyBoy » 20 Dec 2016 08:40

I support a sort of statcap, know some might leave due to reaching the 'end'. Have them pool their xp, to be used for purchase of different perks
or items. May it be a temporary ability (speed, see in dark whatever) or a enchantment stone (random quality or a cracked specific one).

Make brute flat dependant on your size and not amount of questxp, but make questxp valued a lot more for statincrease and have
it worthwhile for those who actually do the quests. Maybe being able to go a set percentage over the xpcap and grow a bit larger (xpwise)
than the no-questers like myself.

All the ubermyths will like this of course, afterall they are here for the roleplaying experience.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 23 Dec 2016 20:22

OgreToyBoy wrote:All the ubermyths will like this of course, afterall they are here for the roleplaying experience.
haha

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 23 Dec 2016 20:33

gorboth wrote:Implement the damned stat cap: This is the one that would probably fix everything. The upsides are considerable - It would give us a way to truly balance things, create an even playing field in terms of character power, and it has been proven to be effective in nearly every successful commerial game out there. In doing this, we would also want to make it so that the racial stat modifiers are considerably less pronounced, perhaps adding a straight number of stat points rather than scaling as your stat grows. The downside, that has always and still does prevent us from going this direction is that we stand to lose a huge number of dedicated players, due to the fact that we are literally removing from their characters years, and in some cases decades of progress that they have worked toward (depending on where we set the cap.)
I like this idea so much I am going to curl up and fall asleep with it. Give the power grinders something to grind for other than stats, and when the cap occurs, take everything they have over it and apply it to the new "shiny".

***EDIT***

Also, make whatever this new "shiny" is take a LONG, LONG time to get anywhere near the top. I am talking 100+ levels comprising orders of magnitude more exp than what is there now. I don't want to hear about people reaching the top next year.
Last edited by Dread on 23 Dec 2016 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 23 Dec 2016 20:41

Draugor wrote:The statcap like you said would be like telling everyone that has been here for more than a few years that they can just go **** themselves unless there is some other bonus involved for the in my case, 16 years of playing genesis. All because a couple of newbies dont wanna try putting the same effort into making the bullshit quests and the same amount of grind. And no, I do not care if anyone of the newbs take offence, there are people in the game thats been here for over 20 years and have yet to reach myth, not ONE schred of crying has been heard :P Strange as it is tho, those people are not getting hunted either.
So you want people to play for years before they can PVP? If that is the majority answer then finish turning Genesis into a stat-worshipping grind haven and get rid of PVP altogether. We're damn near there already.
Draugor wrote:One way would be to remove quests (YES! OH A THOUSANT TIMES YES!) as a MUST have since its REALLY hampering some of the newbies and but a BRUTAL softcap around myth on the xp gained, still ofcourse requiring quite some work, be it questing (no I did not say you should remove it alltogether, just not make it something you must do for months on end) or grinding, as for grinding set a permanent level of... lets say... brutal untill champ, then it starts going up again untill you strike ex vio at Myth.
I hate questing with a passion. I have expressed said opinion quite a bit. However, I fail to see how this helps. Questing for months is bad, but grinding for years is good?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Dec 2016 18:26

Dread wrote:
Draugor wrote:The statcap like you said would be like telling everyone that has been here for more than a few years that they can just go **** themselves unless there is some other bonus involved for the in my case, 16 years of playing genesis. All because a couple of newbies dont wanna try putting the same effort into making the bullshit quests and the same amount of grind. And no, I do not care if anyone of the newbs take offence, there are people in the game thats been here for over 20 years and have yet to reach myth, not ONE schred of crying has been heard :P Strange as it is tho, those people are not getting hunted either.
So you want people to play for years before they can PVP? If that is the majority answer then finish turning Genesis into a stat-worshipping grind haven and get rid of PVP altogether. We're damn near there already.
Draugor wrote:One way would be to remove quests (YES! OH A THOUSANT TIMES YES!) as a MUST have since its REALLY hampering some of the newbies and but a BRUTAL softcap around myth on the xp gained, still ofcourse requiring quite some work, be it questing (no I did not say you should remove it alltogether, just not make it something you must do for months on end) or grinding, as for grinding set a permanent level of... lets say... brutal untill champ, then it starts going up again untill you strike ex vio at Myth.
I hate questing with a passion. I have expressed said opinion quite a bit. However, I fail to see how this helps. Questing for months is bad, but grinding for years is good?
1. Nope, I want the dedicated players to get something for all the damn time they put in. I honestly dont give a shit about pvp stats, stats are stats at tis point. Any alternatives for us that have spent 15+ or so years here? Or should we be put on the same size and forced to be where we nowadays can get within 4 months? So we can just disregard... lets say 15 years and 8 months thats just been 100% wasted? :P I get that you wanna be able to play with the big boys, but guess what, we all made the same shitty journey, and to get where we are, you should imo have to do the same.

2. I want people to be able to choose between questing or grinding, personally I'd rather grind than do the tedious, illogical, bug-riddled and INSANELY syntaxed quests we have, and yes I know they are beeing worked on, but it takes years, wich kinda blows if you're at the end of a loooong ass quest and the syntaxing is batshit crazy and you dont have sollutions that could state it. THIS is why questing shoulndt be mandatory to get some size, hell, it would prolly help ALOT of the newbies to actually get some damn size.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 26 Dec 2016 21:55

And again, removing death recovery will fix it.
First, some brute levels
Big, badass myth++ - extremely violent
Big myth - very violent
Myth - violent
Legend - somewhat violent/violent

1. No statcap/stat decrease -> old big guys are happy
2. You can continue grind at same speed -> all are happy
3. Recovering for char below violent is almost the same ->small guys are happy
4. If big bad ass myth with extr violent dies - he will never recover back -> small guys are happy
5. Violent is "grindable" - you can reach Myth with 75% percent quests done.

So, if you are big, extr violent now, and know how to play that game - you will continue your grow.
If you are lamer as me - you will stuck somewhere around legend/myth with somewhat violent/violent, but not going up and down easily from violent to extr violent in 3 weeks.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 26 Dec 2016 22:35

Draugor wrote:1. Nope, I want the dedicated players to get something for all the damn time they put in. I honestly dont give a shit about pvp stats, stats are stats at tis point. Any alternatives for us that have spent 15+ or so years here? Or should we be put on the same size and forced to be where we nowadays can get within 4 months? So we can just disregard... lets say 15 years and 8 months thats just been 100% wasted? :P I get that you wanna be able to play with the big boys, but guess what, we all made the same shitty journey, and to get where we are, you should imo have to do the same
Why? Why do you believe anyone is entitled to something because of when they started playing? What does that have to do with anything? You are entitled to the enjoyment you have gotten playing the game. That is all any game promises you. Many fail even in that. Of course we can disregard 15 years and 8 months of playing. Why couldn't we? A player of many years was just deleted. Is the game itself changed? Of course not. You were here, you had fun, some enjoyed your presence, I am sure some did not. The same can be said for everyone. This isn't a job, (although many make it seem like it), you aren't working here. "... all the damn time they put in" Seriously? This is a game, if you aren't enjoying yourself you shouldn't be here. What is this, mandated by the state? Come on lol.

The game has altered, improved, (although I am sure there are those who would argue), in the last 20 years. That is how it works. Part of that change has been a massive overhaul to make life easier for newbies. You cannot separate players by a massive divide and expect PVP to flourish. Perhaps a stat-cap isn't the solution. That divide has to go away in some manner though.

As I have said before though, I think the majority here do believe they are entitled to something, and just love their stat-grinds. In which case PVP should go away.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Dec 2016 23:22

Dread wrote:
Draugor wrote:1. Nope, I want the dedicated players to get something for all the damn time they put in. I honestly dont give a shit about pvp stats, stats are stats at tis point. Any alternatives for us that have spent 15+ or so years here? Or should we be put on the same size and forced to be where we nowadays can get within 4 months? So we can just disregard... lets say 15 years and 8 months thats just been 100% wasted? :P I get that you wanna be able to play with the big boys, but guess what, we all made the same shitty journey, and to get where we are, you should imo have to do the same
Why? Why do you believe anyone is entitled to something because of when they started playing? What does that have to do with anything? You are entitled to the enjoyment you have gotten playing the game. That is all any game promises you. Many fail even in that. Of course we can disregard 15 years and 8 months of playing. Why couldn't we? A player of many years was just deleted. Is the game itself changed? Of course not. You were here, you had fun, some enjoyed your presence, I am sure some did not. The same can be said for everyone. This isn't a job, (although many make it seem like it), you aren't working here. "... all the damn time they put in" Seriously? This is a game, if you aren't enjoying yourself you shouldn't be here. What is this, mandated by the state? Come on lol.

The game has altered, improved, (although I am sure there are those who would argue), in the last 20 years. That is how it works. Part of that change has been a massive overhaul to make life easier for newbies. You cannot separate players by a massive divide and expect PVP to flourish. Perhaps a stat-cap isn't the solution. That divide has to go away in some manner though.

As I have said before though, I think the majority here do believe they are entitled to something, and just love their stat-grinds. In which case PVP should go away.
I believe effort entitles people. If we can disregard 15 years, why cant we disregard crying from one month olds? :P

Andt hat played requested it himself, due to actions he himself had commited that lead to him beeing hunted. Or should people be able to act like idiots and then just go "I dont wanna pvp anymore, leave me alone"? :P
Are you not enjoying yourself? With your own words "You shouldn't be here".

Thankfully Gorboth and from what I gather most of the current wizards dont really hate the old faithful players that much.

I'm all for lets say a cap, as long as you remove the demand on questing and make it optional, if you can cap out at myth, why have quests? Myth in it self aint hard to get to, the qexp REALLY start to show after myth. Or make grinding beyond myth worth something in some way, not everyone likes to stand around in church making love triangles/creating days of our lives drama :P Some people want to pvp, some people actually LIKE grinding, its like with questing, there are people that actually like it. Personally? I hate it. So what are people to do when we reach myth? Just run around and pvp?`We have so many myths we'd de-populate the game in a week.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 27 Dec 2016 00:10

Draugor wrote:
Dread wrote:

I believe effort entitles people. If we can disregard 15 years, why cant we disregard crying from one month olds? :P

Andt hat played requested it himself, due to actions he himself had commited that lead to him beeing hunted. Or should people be able to act like idiots and then just go "I dont wanna pvp anymore, leave me alone"? :P
Are you not enjoying yourself? With your own words "You shouldn't be here".

Thankfully Gorboth and from what I gather most of the current wizards dont really hate the old faithful players that much.

I'm all for lets say a cap, as long as you remove the demand on questing and make it optional, if you can cap out at myth, why have quests? Myth in it self aint hard to get to, the qexp REALLY start to show after myth. Or make grinding beyond myth worth something in some way, not everyone likes to stand around in church making love triangles/creating days of our lives drama :P Some people want to pvp, some people actually LIKE grinding, its like with questing, there are people that actually like it. Personally? I hate it. So what are people to do when we reach myth? Just run around and pvp?`We have so many myths we'd de-populate the game in a week.
Lol, there you go with "entitled" again. This is not a job. This is a game. It has nothing to do with hating you. It has to do with thinking you are entitled to something beyond enjoyment in playing the game. Can you point me to the rule/forum where it says that old players are more important? The "crying of one-month olds" is disregarded. As should be the bitter moaning/bitching of decade+ players who want to keep their advantages just because they have been here years. Your age is irrelevant. My point with Bonk was that years of playing being deleted from the game changed nothing. Any other player that has put years and years into this game being deleted would change nothing. As much as everyone wants to believe that they are special little snowflakes, no player is that important to the continuance of Genesis.

I believe I mentioned that I think there should be something to grind for, I think it should take years and years to reach the upper levels. However, that thing should NOT have any bearing on PVP.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 27 Dec 2016 00:17

Agreed. The continuance of the game is more important than you wanting to keep your advantage.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/