Uncool = DELETED

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2312
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Uncool = DELETED

Post by gorboth » 12 Jun 2017 17:44

Code: Select all

Hello all,

There are some important rules and behavior guidelines that we need to be
sure are quite clear for people who wish to be part of the Genesis community.
The reason it is necessary to post about this now is that there are so many
modern ways in which people are playing out their social interactions that 
have to do with Genesis, that we need to establish very clearly what can 
result from your actions outside the game.

Wait!! My actions outside the game??! You gotta be freakin' kidding me!! 
This is typical wizard BS!!

Calm down. My wizard BS is very important sometimes.

There is one thing that you just don't do. If you do this thing, it is so 
uncool that I don't care if you did it in the game, on some chat channel, or 
hanging out in a bar with your friend drinking select craft beverages. If 
you do this thing, you will no longer be welcome in the Genesis community.

    You do not reveal the alts of a character other than yourself.

Simple. One thing. You don't do it. If you do it, you aren't welcome in 
Genesis any longer. If we see you do it in the game, you are deleted. If we 
see you do it in a chat channel outside the game, you are deleted. If I walk 
by you while you are talking to a friend in RL, and overhear it, you are 
deleted.

Thank you. Carry on.

G.

p.s. This rule clarification begins today. Don't dig through old logs 
     looking to punish past sins. Look to the future, and fly right.

Mmmmmm ... pie ...

User avatar
Tarax the Terrible
Myth
Posts: 1331
Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Location: UK

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Jun 2017 20:29

gorboth wrote:

Code: Select all

Hello all,

There are some important rules and behavior guidelines that we need to be
sure are quite clear for people who wish to be part of the Genesis community.
The reason it is necessary to post about this now is that there are so many
modern ways in which people are playing out their social interactions that 
have to do with Genesis, that we need to establish very clearly what can 
result from your actions outside the game.

Wait!! My actions outside the game??! You gotta be freakin' kidding me!! 
This is typical wizard BS!!

Calm down. My wizard BS is very important sometimes.

There is one thing that you just don't do. If you do this thing, it is so 
uncool that I don't care if you did it in the game, on some chat channel, or 
hanging out in a bar with your friend drinking select craft beverages. If 
you do this thing, you will no longer be welcome in the Genesis community.

    You do not reveal the alts of a character other than yourself.

Simple. One thing. You don't do it. If you do it, you aren't welcome in 
Genesis any longer. If we see you do it in the game, you are deleted. If we 
see you do it in a chat channel outside the game, you are deleted. If I walk 
by you while you are talking to a friend in RL, and overhear it, you are 
deleted.

Thank you. Carry on.

G.

p.s. This rule clarification begins today. Don't dig through old logs 
     looking to punish past sins. Look to the future, and fly right.

Deleting ppl in bars might give playerfighting a whole new meaning!
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

User avatar
Avatar
Titan
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Location: Denmark

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Avatar » 12 Jun 2017 20:45

@Tarax

LOL!
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2312
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by gorboth » 12 Jun 2017 21:14

Image


Rembrandt's masterwork: "Gorboth informs Tarax he has been deleted in a bar."
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion
Posts: 587
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Kvator » 12 Jun 2017 21:28

gorboth wrote:Image


Rembrandt's masterwork: "Gorboth informs Tarax he has been deleted in a bar."

would be hard since he's ur alt!

BANG

User avatar
Melarec
Rising Hero
Posts: 318
Joined: 29 Feb 2016 19:51
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Melarec » 12 Jun 2017 22:41

gorboth wrote:Image
Rembrandt's masterwork: "Gorboth informs Tarax he has been deleted in a bar."
I didn't realize you had tattoos, Gorboth.. :P

Back on topic.. Is this an instant deletion offense? or is it looked into first?
For example, a person may say, "Yeah, Bob's alt Fred," then that person would technically be breaking the rules.
However, what if Bob told this person that it is okay and in fact Bob wants people to know that he is also Fred.
What I'm trying to ask is, can the victim (the one whose alt(s) was revealed) step in and clear the accused (the one who did the revealing)?

User avatar
Tarax the Terrible
Myth
Posts: 1331
Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Location: UK

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Jun 2017 23:36

Ohhhhh snap, kvator was nice knowing u bud XD
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2312
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by gorboth » 13 Jun 2017 02:36

Melarec wrote:Is this an instant deletion offense? or is it looked into first?
For example, a person may say, "Yeah, Bob's alt Fred," then that person would technically be breaking the rules.
However, what if Bob told this person that it is okay and in fact Bob wants people to know that he is also Fred.
What I'm trying to ask is, can the victim (the one whose alt(s) was revealed) step in and clear the accused (the one who did the revealing)?
Go ahead and err on the side of caution/self-preservation.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

User avatar
Ody
Hero
Posts: 395
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Location: Vingaard Keep

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Ody » 13 Jun 2017 02:53

Hi. This is a bit inappropriate. Is revealing alts a dick move? Yes. Have we all done it? Yes. That does not mean it deserves a deletion. It also doesn't seem right to target people because of what they say in OOC chats way outside the game. That is actually a pretty frightening concept don't you think? Sure it starts with this one rule, but what about tomorrow when you or another wizard decides they don't like what someone said in a OOC chat about them and takes action in game? Where does it stop? With this one rule? What about tomorrow when it is with two.

Bottom line I don't like you or any other wizard telling me what I can and cannot say in our outside of the game. It is wrong to reveal alts, yes. Two wrongs do not make a right. I like you a lot but both actions are really scummy. I don't think it is right to start going after people like this. What stops me from hating player X and then sending you a fake log saying they revealed an alt to me? That is not hard to fake.

It just seems wrong to start targeting people for OOC stuff like this good intentions or not.
All I am is your Van Gogh; I paint our dreams on the golden coast
I stay up high, flying solo; Don't come too close
I just ghost
I told you I am the new Poe; I sold my soul to the radio
I steal your heart in the shadows; Don't come too close
I just ghost

Mirandus
Site Admin
Posts: 116
Joined: 17 Feb 2015 22:43

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Mirandus » 13 Jun 2017 03:54

This is not hard.

If someone tells you their alternate players, or you find them out somehow through your awesome deductive skills, why do you need to share it? If I want people to know my alternates I'll tell them. I'd hope that they wouldn't go blabbing to everyone else without checking with me first.

Revealing seconds IS a dick move. Don't be a dick and you're fine.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/