Uncool = DELETED

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 13:44

Chanele wrote:The biggest bad boy in revealing/distributer of other people's alts must be the owner/administrator of the character sheet on Facebook. Is 500 deletions enough for this crime?

With that said I think this is a good rule.
That sheet is self written. People are revealing their own characters. It is a well known fact you are not allowed to post other people's details on that sheet. Only your own. If you reveal your alts -- then it is public information.

Here -- we are talking about other people revealing alts of characters who have not revealed them publicly.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Jun 2017 13:50

I'm listed on the sheet though I never edited it myself. Luckily I only play one character;)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 14:06

Chanele wrote:I'm listed on the sheet though I never edited it myself. Luckily I only play one character;)
Then whomever added you broke the rules. Up to you whether you want to address that with the AOP.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Jun 2017 14:16

Never mind, it's not of great importance.

Back to topic:
Personally I don't mind or care about whom is playing this and that character. I have bigger issues with people who can't separate characters and people who use seconds to punish people...which is basically the same thing. Just push the button there.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 13 Jun 2017 15:00

Chanele wrote:Never mind, it's not of great importance.

Back to topic:
Personally I don't mind or care about whom is playing this and that character. I have bigger issues with people who can't separate characters and people who use seconds to punish people...which is basically the same thing. Just push the button there.
Agreed I dont think knowing is as bad as people and guilds who use the info of mains/alts against others, so if deletion is on the table for just sharing alts then it needs to go both ways and be just as harsh for those who abuse said knowledge.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Jun 2017 15:34

If you want any sense in this rule go one step further - players shouldn't have alts in enemy guilds (so it's fine to have knight and merc but it's not fine to have knight and bda for example).

Imagine situation
1- I have knight x and I know that knight y is alt of someone whose main is pot/bda.
2 - i can clearly see thay he's doing crap with his knight second to weaken this guild (while guild of his main is proffiting from it)
3 - you now expect me to put this accusation in some crazy/unreal rpg outfit while informin conclave bout it?

Not cool

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 13 Jun 2017 15:36

Kitriana wrote:
Chanele wrote:The biggest bad boy in revealing/distributer of other people's alts must be the owner/administrator of the character sheet on Facebook. Is 500 deletions enough for this crime?
That sheet is self written. People are revealing their own characters. It is a well known fact you are not allowed to post other people's details on that sheet. Only your own. If you reveal your alts -- then it is public information.
Here -- we are talking about other people revealing alts of characters who have not revealed them publicly.
Where is this sheet?
I'd like to see if I'm on it at all..

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 16:15

Melarec wrote:
Kitriana wrote:
Where is this sheet?
I'd like to see if I'm on it at all..
You are not listed on it under the name Melarec.
But you can find it in the Genesis facebook group under 'files' - "Players of Genesis"

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 13 Jun 2017 17:03

If such rules are implemented and enforced, I do hope they apply to all players, all of them, mortals and wizards alike.

Regarding the Facebook page: if it's public domain, and someone mentions what is readily available to everyone - how would this rule apply?

Regarding Kvator's comment and its relation to Kitriana's: This is commonly done in Genesis. We all know it. How should players deal with such things? Should they consider it roleplay even if it becomes so blatantly obvious that it feels as an insult to one's intelligence?

I believe that revealing characters in a game such as ours is bad form, and that it is also bad form for players to use their other personas to benefit their main and push an agenda. Players have developed over the course of years a way to deal with this kind of behaviour (granted, while creating other kinds of undesirable behaviour), and if one of the two is outruled, it gives the other an advantage.

Let's take a step back, sit on a comfortable armchair, and ask ourselves why this happens at all, and if a simple rule, hoping it is upheld and applied, will be sufficient to transform the mentality of our community, a mentality so ingrained and characteristic of it that whenever a person performs as expected or even beyond our expectations, we grow suspicious of who it could be.

Do we do this to protect ourselves? Do we do this out of curiosity? Do we hold grudges we wish to transfer from one persona to another? Do we want to develop a friendship with the person behind the keyboard? Do we notice a behavioral pattern we wish to avoid? Is a friend back from a hiatus and we're excited to see them? Is someone who betrayed us once trying to reestablish a connection under a new guise? How do we reconcile real life meet-ups with roleplay? Are we able to see the world completely through the eyes of the character we play? How good are we, really, at roleplaying? As good as professional actors? How do we define roleplay? It is such a concept we throw around back and forth without a proper definition that it is often as if two persons discussing it had very different ideas of it. Are we at such a developed psychological level that we can create an alternate persona and completely detach it from our own, being morally just and fair within our roles?

These questions are not meant to diminish the rule or question it, but rather inspired not only by the rule itself but by the concerns expressed in response to it.

I know. The rule is simple. Don't do it, and you'll be okay. Sounds easy. Though changes such as these do raise up questions and spark a debate, not only whether or not this is a good solution (even if it's not a democracy, people still voice their opinions), but also why this, out of other problems mentioned here and even if they are related, is being handled by a concrete rule while the rest are tolerated even if known. Where do we draw the line? Do we require a consensus to draw a line, or is it a call that only the administration has the priviledge (and burden) of making?

In any case, I do hope that the administration has the time, means, and determination to pursue the enforcement of this and all rules, and that the interest doesn't wane in time or become difused with exceptions until it fades to grey and ends up being perceived as selective justice.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Jun 2017 17:10

As others said people hopefully added themselves. If someone has been added against their will, they haven't told anyone in the AoP at least, or the FB moderators, that is is me and Mirandus. The forum, FB and Genesis itself has always had a rule against revealing other people's seconds though. So nothing new there. But in order for us to act we need to know there is a problem first.:) In general, from what I've seen people usually respect that rule both here and on FB.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/