Would-be Grief-Thieves - beware

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Would-be Grief-Thieves - beware

Post by gorboth » 18 Jul 2017 08:07

Oh, hi there Kvator. Welcome to Genesis. Maybe you're new. Let me explain.

If you try to make the game a total horror show for everyone around you, perhaps standing with them in a room using your commands to repeatedly make the game horrible for them, and then using various game mechanics of the environment or other things you have found to embolden your position as a total swine and grief-master, and then go ahead and mock the people as they protest, perhaps even citing your own jaded point of view as someone who believes that deletions of cheaters (perhaps your own characters, but who knows) are unjust, and then further insist that the police who step in to stop your nonsense are just a bunch of jerks ...

Hmm ... I wonder. Does this picture perhaps become clear to you? No? Oh ... that's too bad.

Thank you. Drive through. Would you like fries with that?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Jul 2017 09:23

gorboth wrote:Oh, hi there Kvator. Welcome to Genesis. Maybe you're new. Let me explain.

If you try to make the game a total horror show for everyone around you, perhaps standing with them in a room using your commands to repeatedly make the game horrible for them, and then using various game mechanics of the environment or other things you have found to embolden your position as a total swine and grief-master, and then go ahead and mock the people as they protest, perhaps even citing your own jaded point of view as someone who believes that deletions of cheaters (perhaps your own characters, but who knows) are unjust, and then further insist that the police who step in to stop your nonsense are just a bunch of jerks ...

Hmm ... I wonder. Does this picture perhaps become clear to you? No? Oh ... that's too bad.

Thank you. Drive through. Would you like fries with that?

G.

I want mozzarela sticks, can you hook me up? :P

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 Jul 2017 10:11

Griefer lives matter.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 18 Jul 2017 13:09

There has been some deletions recently and justified or not it does leave me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Do I wish to sink in hundreds of days into a game and have it all - potentially - washed away in the future
for any reason that I myself might view as unjust?

Well the answer is "Yes" for various reasons, but I do ask myself that question...

/DaC

Becka
Apprentice

Post by Becka » 18 Jul 2017 15:00

Dakhor wrote:There has been some deletions recently and justified or not it does leave me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Do I wish to sink in hundreds of days into a game and have it all - potentially - washed away in the future
for any reason that I myself might view as unjust?

Well the answer is "Yes" for various reasons, but I do ask myself that question...

/DaC
Ask yourself this, are you doing something with your character that is not allowed? Have you found a way to do something that dont really "feel right", that gives your character an advantage? Are you with intent doing things to other players that makes them miserable and ruins "their day"?

Now I am not an Immortal or anything like that, but even if you do something dumb, and realize that you been an idiot and convey this message to the Boss(c) Gorboth, he might not delete you, he probably will let you off with a warning. But if you repeatedly do stupid thing that ruins the game for other people, and/or continue to do things that exploits game-mechanics somehow to your advantage, and/or have an attitude and run your mouth towards the Immortals, chances are you will not be forgiven.

Just follow the rules of the game and if someone goes "well uhh thats not in the rules hurr, i cant be deleted,, the admin suxx lolz" and goes on some sorta hormone-laden campaign with the intent to expose the tyranny and start your own gunpowder treason and plot! Chances are you will get drawn and quartered, your wonderful pieces of code that you exist off will be recycled and reborn as building blocks for the flowerbeds of the Enchanted Garden in Terel. Joe will be pleased.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 18 Jul 2017 17:19

I remember back in ... was it 1994 or 1995 when Kalad opened?
The domain was very quickly popular.
The 'evil aligned' population quickly took it as one of their main areas to grind in, and there was a popular drow guild along with many quests etc etc

To reach Kalad was only one ship.
Quickly some players found a neat idea to make Kalad their own grind area.
They took the ship and on the piers of Kabal the ship captain was killed.
And having it's captain killed, the ship did not leave port.

So a whole domain area for one self.

No, there was no rule against killing the captain.
Back then armageddon came a lot faster than today.
But repeated killing of the captain got other players and wizards and administrators attention.
If it ended with deletions or warnings I do not know, but it ended.

I assume everyone in the game might find the story a bit funny or cool (unless you heard it before) but really it is not.
It is just some egoistic f**ks who think they are smart and ruins the game and fun for others.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 18 Jul 2017 23:42

Git em!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 19 Jul 2017 21:39

Kvator's logic is a typical logic of a "WoW player". If you don't fix it, don't delete people over it.
Well, "WoW player" logic doesn't apply to Genesis. The game is old, the mechanics are old, they are not "broken".
Whoever abuses them should be deleted, whoever abuses them so blatantly should also be virtually sodomized prior to deletion as well.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 20 Jul 2017 03:55

mallor wrote:The game is old,...
Manifestly.
mallor wrote:...the mechanics are old...
Indubitably.
mallor wrote:...they are not "broken".
Hilarious.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 20 Jul 2017 20:05

Dread wrote: Hilarious.
You are, indubitably.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/