Request from the Church of Sparkle pastor

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

Re: Request from the Church of Sparkle pastor

Post by Alisa » 16 Oct 2018 15:38

Soo...

The church is still silent.

There has been no new development in another gathering place for new souls.

How are things :-)

Alisa.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 16 Oct 2018 20:17

Alisa wrote:Soo...

Alisa.
I also wonder. There were some exciting ideas about the pub by the docks, I thought. I use the pub regularly now as a meeting point, but as far as I know, few do. One consideration is that people come in and quickly buy tons of booze and leave, which would be distracting if you were trying to have a conversation. Maybe an additional room could be added, with comfy places to sit and a fire, and some items you could by and interact with (I liked the idea of cigarettes that was pitched a while ago). Maybe another room for games, like the Prancing Pony has in Bree?

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 16 Oct 2018 20:33

One way to encourage people to use the pub would be to add a bit about its function as a social place to the newbie quests around Sparkle. In addition to buying a Special Brew, maybe they can carve their name into the bar, or challenge someone to a game of [x] in the game room, or ...?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 16 Oct 2018 20:47

The reason the Church became a gathering point was simply convenience. Since the newbies "home" command brings them there, its an obvious point to meet.

Any official place that is not where "home" goes, has to battle laziness and confusion. New players going "where is it" and old players goes "why should I move".

So....

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 16 Oct 2018 21:56

Alisa wrote:New players going "where is it"
That is why I suggested making a tweak to one of the Sparkle newbie quests. Also, there could be a sign in the Church directing people to the pub (or elsewhere - have no big stake in it being the pub) if they want to socialize. It is not hard to find.
Alisa wrote:and old players goes "why should I move".
The reason to move would be that they want to socialize? I mean, if they just want to idle silently, there is no reason for them to move.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 16 Oct 2018 22:07

Alisa wrote:Soo...

Alisa.
Just quietly, behind the scenes there are some pretty big developments going on in this space. But not for me to talk about.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Oct 2018 03:51

I've been working on a new Sparkle Pub for the last few weeks. Stay tuned! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 18 Oct 2018 05:50

Alisa wrote:The reason the Church became a gathering point was simply convenience. Since the newbies "home" command brings them there, its an obvious point to meet.

Any official place that is not where "home" goes, has to battle laziness and confusion. New players going "where is it" and old players goes "why should I move".

So....
Maybe we could have two rooms in the church? The main one that we currently have, and then like a Founders Hall type place for socialization and maybe some statues? Possibly the ones that are currently located outside of sparkle, or some different ones to old wizards who have left the game?

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 18 Oct 2018 07:27

Luma wrote:
Alisa wrote:The reason the Church became a gathering point was simply convenience. Since the newbies "home" command brings them there, its an obvious point to meet.

So....
Maybe we could have two rooms in the church? The main one that we currently have, and then like a Founders Hall type place for socialization and maybe some statues? Possibly the ones that are currently located outside of sparkle, or some different ones to old wizards who have left the game?
That actually seems like the most reasonable suggestion anyone has brought up.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Oct 2018 17:14

The pub is going to act as our socialization hub. Or, at least, that is the design intention I am working to achieve.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/