Genesis Forums
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/

Bounce mechanic change.
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4274
Page 1 of 6

Author:  Arman [ 18 Jan 2018 08:02 ]
Post subject:  Bounce mechanic change.

Code:
Hi all,

A mechanic to the game has been changed which will impact the practice of
'bouncing'... where you start a special, leave the room, and return when the
special is about to activate.

A simple summary of the change is that if you leave a room with someone
fighting you your special will abort. Specials won't be affected when chasing a
foe, so should not impact hunting practices.

Cheers!
A.K

Author:  Draugor [ 18 Jan 2018 10:48 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

Really hope this effects spells too, sohm are bouncemasters

Author:  mallor [ 18 Jan 2018 10:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

While this makes sense, it raises some questions.

1. This will obviously benefit supermyths, us little guys could at least pose some competition, by spending x10 time in process, now it won't be possible at all.
2. This will obviously benefit guilds with faster special prep time, since cooldown will still be spent outside of the room.

Author:  Arman [ 18 Jan 2018 11:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

Draugor wrote:
Really hope this effects spells too, sohm are bouncemasters


All specials including offensive spells.

Guilds will notice the impact as specials are updated. All should be using the new code following the next Armageddon at the latest.

Author:  Amberlee [ 18 Jan 2018 14:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

As long as this doesn't impact running after people in PvP, all the better imo.

Author:  Etanukar [ 18 Jan 2018 17:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

Might as well close thieves completely. This removes the benefit of their last ability. They already can't steal more than a copper at a time, sneaking is useless and now backstabbing more than 1 time is gone. Yay thieves, it was nice knowing you existed and were cool... once.

Author:  Draugor [ 18 Jan 2018 17:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

Etanukar wrote:
Might as well close thieves completely. This removes the benefit of their last ability. They already can't steal more than a copper at a time, sneaking is useless and now backstabbing more than 1 time is gone. Yay thieves, it was nice knowing you existed and were cool... once.



Actually no, backstab is now an in-combat special aswell, as in combatuse without sneaking and crap :S

Author:  Greneth [ 18 Jan 2018 17:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

Draugor wrote:
Etanukar wrote:
Might as well close thieves completely. This removes the benefit of their last ability. They already can't steal more than a copper at a time, sneaking is useless and now backstabbing more than 1 time is gone. Yay thieves, it was nice knowing you existed and were cool... once.



Actually no, backstab is now an in-combat special aswell, as in combatuse without sneaking and crap :S


Yeah that forces you to team with others and requires adapt to make it worth while. Not quite sure how great it was to give a guild thats already hated an ability that requires them to basically identify themselves as a thief in order to use it.

This is about the only game Ive seen that takes more shits on the thief class and slowly pulls the guilds teeth out one by one.

That aside I dont think this change will harm them any since there was already a super high CD on backstab anyways. So even if they use it and leave then come back they still would of had to wait it out to use again anyways.

Author:  Draugor [ 18 Jan 2018 18:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

Greneth wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Etanukar wrote:
Might as well close thieves completely. This removes the benefit of their last ability. They already can't steal more than a copper at a time, sneaking is useless and now backstabbing more than 1 time is gone. Yay thieves, it was nice knowing you existed and were cool... once.



Actually no, backstab is now an in-combat special aswell, as in combatuse without sneaking and crap :S


Yeah that forces you to team with others and requires adapt to make it worth while. Not quite sure how great it was to give a guild thats already hated an ability that requires them to basically identify themselves as a thief in order to use it.

This is about the only game Ive seen that takes more shits on the thief class and slowly pulls the guilds teeth out one by one.

That aside I dont think this change will harm them any since there was already a super high CD on backstab anyways. So even if they use it and leave then come back they still would of had to wait it out to use again anyways.

Well the issue is that thieving is weirdly balanced, as is magic, stealing for instance, 1 skill, alittle to low and you're 100% fucked against a thief that wants ytour shit, thieves pickpocketing platemails and shit like that... retarded, so they need to be remade, but thats the entire system

Author:  Alisa [ 18 Jan 2018 19:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bounce mechanic change.

It also affects if NPC's abilities that moves you. You special/spell will fail.

I think thats an ok tradeoff.

In PVP, the one fleeing gets fucked tho. His abilities will no longer work.

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/