Tank-Rotation Updates ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Tank-Rotation Updates ...

Post by Kvator » 24 Mar 2018 16:39

Few thoughts:

Is tank rotation something important in Genesis atm? Nope (if your tank go in and attack all mobs quickly enough it will do the job in like 90% cases). PVP could be an exception from this rule, but lets be real - Genesis is not a PVP oriented mud (especially after auto chase rule was implemented - rule itself is good ofc).

Should tank rotation be important - hell yeah. All mobs should have target-change mechanics. That would make grinding process way more interesting (and create alternative - go scripiting in safe but weaker area or go somewhere else where you must be more attentive, but rewards are better).

If something like this would be implemented it would be reasonable to make rescue a global skill (with tanking oriented guilds having it considerably higher ofc). Hey I've heard you have problems making discipline useful at all. This could be solution here as well (rescue success + number of enemies covered should be skill+dis dependant). It could also lay foundation for some PVP mechanics that might be added in the future.

Ofc it could be created with greater depth:
- add rescue for mobs as well
- add a counter skill to 'break' the rescue (unless it's successful you wouldn't be able to attack person that is being rescued)
- and so on

just my 2cc's sent into the void :D

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Mar 2018 01:50

Interesting thoughts - Kvator!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 25 Mar 2018 04:33

ooh there are those orcs in ME that fall back right when they're about to die and put their healthiest team member first.
so aggravating! I loved it.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 25 Mar 2018 18:00

Why don't you t**** politely say 'thank you" and get to work instead of whining all the time.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Mar 2018 18:36

Berwyn wrote:Why don't you t**** politely say 'thank you" and get to work instead of whining all the time.

b.
Its called feedback, its partly why then post on the forum :P

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 25 Mar 2018 21:52

I believe it is... (Muahahaha. ..)

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 25 Mar 2018 23:56

Draugor wrote:Finally :P

IMo it would make alot more sense with a rescue type ability or enable the MB for the entire team, otherwise the tank will just be MBing the DPS... wich is kinda useless :P
The first soldier is shielded from the foe, the rest get in the frontline as soon as it gets tired, you call it useless?! You know what is useless? Your pitiful feedback is, because your benevolence merely allows you say it's f***** without finding out whether it works or not. And it does, for me.

b.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 26 Mar 2018 00:30

Berwyn wrote:Why don't you t**** politely say 'thank you" and get to work instead of whining all the time.

b.
Berwyn wrote:The first soldier is shielded from the foe, the rest get in the frontline as soon as it gets tired, you call it useless?! You know what is useless? Your pitiful feedback is, because your benevolence merely allows you say it's f***** without finding out whether it works or not. And it does, for me.

b.
I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes, trying to figure out the t**** and f***** in above messages, I'm pretty sure that I have the first four letters of the f***** - but last two? Drives me nuts. t****? I have a feeling they are swear words, which makes me a little bit sad.

Also, knowing both active players in the Angmar Army, Berwyn here claims to be either of the two? By saying that the changes "work for b."

I'd love to team with either of the two Angmars to see how this changes up and evens the balance, so let's make it happen - I just don't understand how a dedicated tank hiding behind teammates is supposed to be useful :)

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 26 Mar 2018 00:34

It's fairly simple. You hide your a*** behind the bush, and wait for the signal, then boyz jump in. (They can leap high, trust me). Understood?!

b.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 26 Mar 2018 00:46

Berwyn wrote:It's fairly simple. You hide your a*** behind the bush, and wait for the signal, then boyz jump in. (They can leap high, trust me). Understood?!

b.
Nope, just more questions really.

This was a discussion about tank rotation in genesis, that you seem to be keen to turn into a *-rich fest, without adding anything of substance.

Just in case you did not understand Draugor's point above, I think he meant that giving a dedicated "tank" guild ability to "hide behind" teammates sounded strangely perverse. See? You can express a thought without resorting to fake-niceties sprinkled with * :)

Who are you, anyways? :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/