Shire NERFED!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Shire NERFED!

Post by Kvator » 07 Apr 2018 17:46

What Thalric said.

This was the best place to grind cash for player's alts / RC status :)

Gont is pretty great earning spot for real lower/mid level players.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Apr 2018 19:41

We were, indeed, out of touch with how badly a bug created inflation that became considered normal. You are correct that this became "how the game is played" Amberlee.

However, that does not mean it is acceptable design going forward. The nerf may have been stronger than we want, but it at least showed us what the intention of the original coders of the Shire was.

The current money amounts are what they intended.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 07 Apr 2018 23:54

gorboth wrote:The nerf may have been stronger than we want
Yeah, and stronger than what we players want too, so who exactly is winning here?

As a mage, the healing herbs I have to devote plus the damage my armour takes >>>>> a handful of silver and a couple handfuls of copper. Makes little sense for me to ever go there again. So if you wanted us to leave the wights to R.I.P., congratulations. Mission accomplished.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Apr 2018 03:34

gorboth wrote:We were, indeed, out of touch with how badly a bug created inflation that became considered normal. You are correct that this became "how the game is played" Amberlee.

However, that does not mean it is acceptable design going forward. The nerf may have been stronger than we want, but it at least showed us what the intention of the original coders of the Shire was.

The current money amounts are what they intended.

G.

I think claiming that "it was a bug" has a statute of limitation of about 5 years.
This has been there for far longer than that thus becomes game design instead of bug.
Do yourselves and us a favor and restore it to what it was.
It really hurts no one, nor is it gamebreaking as proven for many years.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 08 Apr 2018 06:10

Shire under scrutiny? Finally, those little hypocrite ferrets were nuisance either way.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 08 Apr 2018 07:49

Amberlee is right, for eleven years the barrows have been famous for being the best spot in the game to grind for money. It was well known and popular. The "bug" wasn't game breaking. Bottom line is if you didn't notice for eleven years then it's on you. You break it, you buy it. This was an unnecessary"fix" to something that wasn't causing any harm.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 08 Apr 2018 08:30

If the wizards think we've got too much idle money sitting around, we've already proposed a way to shrink those bank statements, you know. Let us rent some secure private space to store a few choice items. Why is it you ignore what we players want and instead take away what draws us to an area? Backwards thinking, mates. Sometimes the clearest path is the one to take.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 08 Apr 2018 11:04

Ody wrote:Amberlee is right, for eleven years the barrows have been famous for being the best spot in the game to grind for money. It was well known and popular. The "bug" wasn't game breaking. Bottom line is if you didn't notice for eleven years then it's on you. You break it, you buy it. This was an unnecessary"fix" to something that wasn't causing any harm.
:idea:

I agree, and maybe also make some area with "holy" npcs that drop bugged amount of cash too.

Perhaps each family in drakmere should have 20-30 plats in a chest? Just need to expand the families from current ~10 to maybe 80-90 in total, like the barrows. Keep them holy, of course.

Who would get hurt with a change like that? /sarcasm

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Apr 2018 13:42

Zugzug wrote:
Ody wrote:Amberlee is right, for eleven years the barrows have been famous for being the best spot in the game to grind for money. It was well known and popular. The "bug" wasn't game breaking. Bottom line is if you didn't notice for eleven years then it's on you. You break it, you buy it. This was an unnecessary"fix" to something that wasn't causing any harm.

I agree, and maybe also make some area with "holy" npcs that drop bugged amount of cash too.

Perhaps each family in drakmere should have 20-30 plats in a chest? Just need to expand the families from current ~10 to maybe 80-90 in total, like the barrows. Keep them holy, of course.

I agree that there should be a place with equal size that would drop the same amount of coins(Protip, it was not 20-30 plats, it was 10-15 gold per kill of the big ones on average(Yes a random factor), amounting to about 15 plat per barrow, factoring in here is the fact that barrows were a limited resource too.
I'd say a place where things that are holy autoattack and are 4 per room though at about GA size with focus on combat stats.

That said.
Why not give goodies the equivalent of Centaurs and dwarf camp as grinding spots?
Which of there are currently none.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 08 Apr 2018 16:24

Zugzug wrote:

They do, it's called Tower of Arms that drops upwards of 25 gold. Which can also be very very easily stolen too I might add.

Hence why I was curious if places like Tower of Arms, Haven Dwarves and even Qualinesti which the Dwarves were already once nerfed for the amount of gold they dropped and then removed years ago and now the gold was brought back. While Qualinesti drops between a plat to a plat and a half.

You compare those rates with other places around the donut and they pay extremely well also.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/