New System for Items that Save

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: New System for Items that Save

Post by nils » 13 Sep 2019 19:12

For most people, hindsight is 20/20. For most people.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 13 Sep 2019 22:41

Jar wrote:
13 Sep 2019 18:40

(...)
Then an article appeared on the horizon, admin rushed suddenly with the simplest possible change, with side-effects impacting game balance seriously, side-effects you simply can't solve for a looong time already. You could have transformed those few OP no-dull weapons into slow-dull (quick, simple and fair). If it still wasn't enough you could have always discuss/analyze another big global change like:
- allowing non-dulling weapons being average quality only, with top quality gear always dulling normally/slowly,
- global decay system etc.
If you had just fixed a few OP weapons as a part of a 'saving eq change', people would have waited for a global change much more patiently (or it wouldn't be needed anymore).
Very good point. I dont have idea why it was not implemented that way. We are talk about how much 2-3 weapons from of any type so in total less than 15 weapons. Was it so difficult to change them from no dull to slow dull? I dont think. But why it was not implanted? The only answers I can imagine are very close to theory of conspiracy...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Sep 2019 18:57

Saimon wrote:
13 Sep 2019 22:41
Jar wrote:
13 Sep 2019 18:40

(...)
Then an article appeared on the horizon, admin rushed suddenly with the simplest possible change, with side-effects impacting game balance seriously, side-effects you simply can't solve for a looong time already. You could have transformed those few OP no-dull weapons into slow-dull (quick, simple and fair). If it still wasn't enough you could have always discuss/analyze another big global change like:
- allowing non-dulling weapons being average quality only, with top quality gear always dulling normally/slowly,
- global decay system etc.
If you had just fixed a few OP weapons as a part of a 'saving eq change', people would have waited for a global change much more patiently (or it wouldn't be needed anymore).
Very good point. I dont have idea why it was not implemented that way. We are talk about how much 2-3 weapons from of any type so in total less than 15 weapons. Was it so difficult to change them from no dull to slow dull? I dont think. But why it was not implanted? The only answers I can imagine are very close to theory of conspiracy...
Jar: Yes, the article was a big part regarding the timing of the change. The change itself had been discussed for a long time before that, and the majority of players agreed that a change was needed. As usual everyone had opinions about which of the different suggestions was the best one.

And yes, we know NOW that we article did not spark a massive influx of players (it did spark a small one, and continues to do so). But like Nils said, hindsight is awesome. If we had not made a change, and tons of new players had arrived and complained about their lost EQ, then we would have had this discussion with everyone complaining about the admin's inability to make changes and/or waiting too long to make a change.

Besides, article or not, I still think the change is a good one - even with the side effects. But obviously I too agree that the some of side effects are not great and should be addressed as soon as possible.

Saimon: A conspiracy... about what exactly? This change effects everyone. How can it be a conspiracy? If you're gonna mention the word "conspiracy" I think you'e gonna have to explain what you mean a bit more so I can debunk it properly.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 14 Sep 2019 20:20

Cherek wrote:
14 Sep 2019 18:57
But like Nils said, hindsight is awesome.

..and should be addressed as soon as possible.
No further comment.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/