View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Jul 2019 03:04

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Changes to specials using quickness 
Wizard

Code:
Greetings mortals,

After the next turning of the world, specials using quickness will begin to use
a new formula that more accurately boosts quickness based on the combat aid
allocated for that special.

A.K

19 Nov 2018 12:32
Titan

<3

19 Nov 2018 15:14
Rising Hero

This is great. I'm really interested in seeing how everything shakes out when guilds are "working as intended." It may give players different perspectives and appreciations for guilds.

19 Nov 2018 17:38
Wizard

Manglor wrote:
This is great. I'm really interested in seeing how everything shakes out when guilds are "working as intended." It may give players different perspectives and appreciations for guilds.

This change isn't the "fix" for the broader special attack bug, just the quickness formula which conflated the issue.

Still a lot to do to get to a "working as intended" state!

19 Nov 2018 23:19
Rising Hero

Arman wrote:
Manglor wrote:

This change isn't the "fix" for the broader special attack bug, just the quickness formula which conflated the issue.

Still a lot to do to get to a "working as intended" state!

I get it, but haste shouldn't be more valuable from a caid standpoint than, say, 10 links Blademaster. But it is, by quite a bit. One step at a time, for sure.

22 Nov 2018 03:25
Veteran

Can we get a few more details, perhaps? I would have thought that the haste caid calculation would be one of the most straightforward there is - i.e. 50% caid means you make 1.5x more special attacks/white hits in the same time? I know there is supposed to be a cap on how much one can really hasten themselves. Is it general haste that is being changed, or is the cap just being lowered?

22 Nov 2018 20:25
Wizard

Zugzug wrote:
Can we get a few more details, perhaps? I would have thought that the haste caid calculation would be one of the most straightforward there is - i.e. 50% caid means you make 1.5x more special attacks/white hits in the same time? I know there is supposed to be a cap on how much one can really hasten themselves. Is it general haste that is being changed, or is the cap just being lowered?

Haste isn't changing... nor is the cap. Its the formula for specials boosting quickness. The calculation for how much quickness you get for the caid allocated to the special now better reflects the true benefit.

22 Nov 2018 23:02
Veteran

Arman wrote:
Zugzug wrote:

Haste isn't changing... nor is the cap. Its the formula for specials boosting quickness. The calculation for how much quickness you get for the caid allocated to the special now better reflects the true benefit.

Okay, I just hope that you look fairly at all guild specials when you do that, Arman. A titan neidar was attacking me earlier today, and I was not able to do any sort of damage to him at all due to his "properly balanced guild special defensive ability".

We actually had a 5 minute or so conversation. How is that for balance? :D

22 Nov 2018 23:47
Rising Hero

Zugzug wrote:
Arman wrote:
Zugzug wrote:

Okay, I just hope that you look fairly at all guild specials when you do that, Arman. A titan neidar was attacking me earlier today, and I was not able to do any sort of damage to him at all due to his "properly balanced guild special defensive ability".

Guild specials are not being revised in this round of nerfs.

23 Nov 2018 02:32
Adept

Zugzug wrote:
A titan neidar was attacking me earlier today, and I was not able to do any sort of damage to him at all due to his "properly balanced guild special defensive ability".

you know how you tease me for spending 30 minutes in a room that you would clear in 3?

consider where all the neidar caid must be.

23 Nov 2018 03:21
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next