Changes to specials using quickness

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Changes to specials using quickness

Post by Arman » 19 Nov 2018 12:32

Code: Select all

Greetings mortals,

After the next turning of the world, specials using quickness will begin to use
a new formula that more accurately boosts quickness based on the combat aid
allocated for that special.

A.K

Kvator
Champion

Re: Changes to specials using quickness

Post by Kvator » 19 Nov 2018 15:14

<3

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 19 Nov 2018 17:38

This is great. I'm really interested in seeing how everything shakes out when guilds are "working as intended." It may give players different perspectives and appreciations for guilds.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 19 Nov 2018 23:19

Manglor wrote:This is great. I'm really interested in seeing how everything shakes out when guilds are "working as intended." It may give players different perspectives and appreciations for guilds.
This change isn't the "fix" for the broader special attack bug, just the quickness formula which conflated the issue.

Still a lot to do to get to a "working as intended" state!

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 22 Nov 2018 03:25

Arman wrote:
Manglor wrote:This is great. I'm really interested in seeing how everything shakes out when guilds are "working as intended." It may give players different perspectives and appreciations for guilds.
This change isn't the "fix" for the broader special attack bug, just the quickness formula which conflated the issue.

Still a lot to do to get to a "working as intended" state!
I get it, but haste shouldn't be more valuable from a caid standpoint than, say, 10 links Blademaster. But it is, by quite a bit. One step at a time, for sure.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 22 Nov 2018 20:25

Can we get a few more details, perhaps? I would have thought that the haste caid calculation would be one of the most straightforward there is - i.e. 50% caid means you make 1.5x more special attacks/white hits in the same time? I know there is supposed to be a cap on how much one can really hasten themselves. Is it general haste that is being changed, or is the cap just being lowered?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Nov 2018 23:02

Zugzug wrote:Can we get a few more details, perhaps? I would have thought that the haste caid calculation would be one of the most straightforward there is - i.e. 50% caid means you make 1.5x more special attacks/white hits in the same time? I know there is supposed to be a cap on how much one can really hasten themselves. Is it general haste that is being changed, or is the cap just being lowered?
Haste isn't changing... nor is the cap. Its the formula for specials boosting quickness. The calculation for how much quickness you get for the caid allocated to the special now better reflects the true benefit.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 22 Nov 2018 23:47

Arman wrote:
Zugzug wrote:Can we get a few more details, perhaps? I would have thought that the haste caid calculation would be one of the most straightforward there is - i.e. 50% caid means you make 1.5x more special attacks/white hits in the same time? I know there is supposed to be a cap on how much one can really hasten themselves. Is it general haste that is being changed, or is the cap just being lowered?
Haste isn't changing... nor is the cap. Its the formula for specials boosting quickness. The calculation for how much quickness you get for the caid allocated to the special now better reflects the true benefit.
Okay, I just hope that you look fairly at all guild specials when you do that, Arman. A titan neidar was attacking me earlier today, and I was not able to do any sort of damage to him at all due to his "properly balanced guild special defensive ability".

We actually had a 5 minute or so conversation. How is that for balance? :D

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 23 Nov 2018 02:32

Zugzug wrote:
Arman wrote:
Okay, I just hope that you look fairly at all guild specials when you do that, Arman. A titan neidar was attacking me earlier today, and I was not able to do any sort of damage to him at all due to his "properly balanced guild special defensive ability".

Guild specials are not being revised in this round of nerfs.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 23 Nov 2018 03:21

Zugzug wrote:A titan neidar was attacking me earlier today, and I was not able to do any sort of damage to him at all due to his "properly balanced guild special defensive ability".

you know how you tease me for spending 30 minutes in a room that you would clear in 3?

consider where all the neidar caid must be.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/