14th All Hallows Eve Scavenger Hunt

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Darken Rahl
Apprentice

Re: 14th All Hallows Eve Scavenger Hunt

Post by Darken Rahl » 12 Nov 2019 09:48

Regarding the whole list.
I don't see the problem of posting a long list. Look at the initial post, this is just gonna be 100 rows long.
And it will benefit those who are not that familiar to Genesis on these events to know how you are thinking when making these events. That will prolly make more people participate.

Just my 2 cc.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 Nov 2019 18:22

Darken Rahl wrote:
12 Nov 2019 09:48
Regarding the whole list.
I don't see the problem of posting a long list. Look at the initial post, this is just gonna be 100 rows long.
And it will benefit those who are not that familiar to Genesis on these events to know how you are thinking when making these events. That will prolly make more people participate.

Just my 2 cc.
I understand your point, but just posting a list of clues and short descriptions of items probably won't do much good. I would have to add information about where to find them as well, and that's a lot of work, and creates a very long note as well. But sure, posting a long note is not a problem on its own, it's just a lot of work to write it... :) But if I really thought it was a good idea I would do it course...

But...

...the more I think about it, I also think previous event experience should count for something. If I post the full solution on the common board every year then people will be able to browse through solutions for previous events in order to make it easier for them to solve the current event. Yes, I agree this would make it easier for newer players, but I don't think it should be. The Scavenger Hunt is an event where previous Scavenger Hunt experience and good knowledge about the world means a lot, and posting the full solution for all items each year would ruin some of the mystery I think. There are many other events we can run that are more newbie friendly, and I don't want to make the Scavenger Hunt easier by posting full solutions each year.

If players have a couple of items they struggled with and badly want to know what it was, I'll be happy to answer, but I am not going to give a full solution to anyone or put it up on the common board. I don't think your suggestion is a bad one, but after thinking about it I just don't agree :)

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 14 Nov 2019 09:09

I could take part only for one day but the event was fun.
The changes implemented improved the experience: no epic (rare) items, no items flooding to a pumpkin, harder riddles.
I think some riddles were even too hard but that is fine. Better such a riddle than an item which is impossible to get.
And there is no need to post explanations to all riddles, just a few hardest is enough.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Nov 2019 12:43

Thanks for the feedback Syrk, and glad you liked the changes.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/