Changes to equipment decay implemented

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Changes to equipment decay implemented

Post by cotillion » 10 Jan 2020 10:14

Cherek wrote:
09 Jan 2020 23:24
Cotillion: But even so, that would not explain Javelin's statement that his axe has lost 22 days on only 8 real days. Even if fully used in combat it would only add 5 more days. Sounds like there is something more going on here that we need to investigate I think.
I'm not sure what youre suggesting. Using an item for 1 day in combat will remove 18 days from the expiration.
But anyway Carnak / Arman are the ones to answer that.

Javelin
Greenhorne

Post by Javelin » 10 Jan 2020 10:29

Or clarify in the description that those two factors are related if that is the case.
I mean if usage adds to weapon age.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 10 Jan 2020 11:47

Can you add a way to sort eq in racks, so one can know which weapon/armour to use up first depending on its age?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Jan 2020 12:32

cotillion wrote:
10 Jan 2020 10:14
Cherek wrote:
09 Jan 2020 23:24
Cotillion: But even so, that would not explain Javelin's statement that his axe has lost 22 days on only 8 real days. Even if fully used in combat it would only add 5 more days. Sounds like there is something more going on here that we need to investigate I think.
I'm not sure what youre suggesting. Using an item for 1 day in combat will remove 18 days from the expiration.
But anyway Carnak / Arman are the ones to answer that.
Ah, now I get what you mean... Well, if that is the case we really need to change the messages to reflect that, like Javelin said. But yeah, let's await what Arman / Carnak says.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 11 Jan 2020 05:09

Apologies everyone, this introduced change has resulted in far more confusion than intended.

The key element I failed to outline was that the two decay timers are integrated. So your 90 day maximum shelf-life will decay depending on combat usage. Only a pristine un-used item would last 90 days.

The wizard community are having some discussions around potentially changing that so that the timers are independent. Any change in that direction wouldn't necessarily be a straight forward fix, and may mean we'll have to reset the decay timers of all items again.

When we have agreed on next steps i'll update everyone through the in-game common board.

A.K

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 11 Jan 2020 10:26

Math is hard.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Jan 2020 08:30

We've updated the messaging on items so that hopefully it will be a bit clearer what the times mean to the following:

"Judging by its age and how much it appears to have been used in combat you determine that
it will last a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 90 days before it succumbs to wear and
tear."

The first number is combat expiry time, the second is shelf-life. An unused item will last the full shelf-life... however as the item is used the shelf-life decays. These two numbers will get closer and closer as you use it.

This change will come into effect post-armageddon. The 'appraise' help file has been updated to provide this as in game information.

We've also updated ogre items so that they will now save and decay as other items.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 11 Mar 2020 09:16

So why is our rack empty after arma... while i ve put a lot of armours in it this month?
This has cost me so much time and money...
Also you are talking about a clone in your mail... didnt this mean that of every item in the rack one of each stays?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 11 Mar 2020 12:20

Have you tried re-examining your racks? They start loading after first examination.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 11 Mar 2020 13:34

haha whoops...
yes its back... man this scared me...
thanks nils
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/