Yuletide Wheel-Of-Fun Mini Event 2020

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Redblade
Adept

Re: Yuletide Wheel-Of-Fun Mini Event 2020

Post by Redblade » 03 Jan 2021 12:33

Cherek wrote:
03 Jan 2021 02:48
There has been some confusion regarding when the event ends. The sign in the tree says the tree is present from December 16 to January 3, and the common board note says it ends on January 2. So, which one is it? Well according to the code, it's the former, so, let's stick with that.

The event ends on December 3, 23:59:59 Game Time.

Sorry for the confusion. I must have been sipping on a Cadu beer or something when wrote that note as I first got the age limit and now also the end date wrong in the note.
Can changes (well, I was one of those who relied on common board, I've read the sign in past times and this time didn't bother) be announced publicly? This goes for most things, half the players don't read forums, I believe everything affecting the Realms should also be posted within the Realms. The common board should be the official way, not forums.
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Jan 2021 13:48

Redblade wrote:
03 Jan 2021 12:33
Cherek wrote:
There has been some confusion regarding when the event ends. The sign in the tree says the tree is present from December 16 to January 3, and the common board note says it ends on January 2. So, which one is it? Well according to the code, it's the former, so, let's stick with that.

Sorry for the confusion. I must have been sipping on a Cadu beer or something when wrote that note as I first got the age limit and now also the end date wrong in the note.
Can changes (well, I was one of those who relied on common board, I've read the sign in past times and this time didn't bother) be announced publicly? This goes for most things, half the players don't read forums, I believe everything affecting the Realms should also be posted within the Realms. The common board should be the official way, not forums.
I don't think we should spam the common board too often, and stick to extra important things. If we post there too often, people will stop bothering about checking it out. I did not feel this was important enough to warrant a common board post, and for fairness in the event I instead decided to in-game mail everyone with a chance to win the event, and let them know about the "extra day". However, while I was asleep everyone in the top spun the wheel, so I didn't even have to do that. So, this confusion has not affected the outcome of the event, as everyone in the top already got today's spin. Therefore I did not think a common board post was needed.

That said, I agree that the forum should not be the only place for information like this. So, I have posted the information on the Sparkle board as well. That's what I have done in the past with "semi-important" stuff, and of course should have done (and now have) this time as well.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Jan 2021 15:29

Cherek wrote:

Uhhh...
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Jan 2021 18:11

Mersereau wrote:
03 Jan 2021 15:29
Cherek wrote:

Uhhh...
I just can't do anything right it seems.... JANUARY 3. Why is this so hard? :)

I may have to appoint an AoT (Arch of Time), since I clearly can't get anything time-related right during this event... Only skill needed: Being able to look at a clock/calender and make calculations about time and date.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 03 Jan 2021 21:08

haha
we love you Cherek

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/