PVP Changes.

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Carnak
Wanderer

PVP Changes.

Post by Carnak » 08 Mar 2021 20:31

Code: Select all

Greetings Folks,

To create a less hostile environment to test these new changes,
we have decided to temporarily disable the ability to hinder a
players movement. This affects spells, abilities and items.

Best regards,
Carnak

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Re: PVP Changes.

Post by Raelle » 12 Mar 2021 22:13

hi can someone clarify the use of fatigue poisons and creative use of mob blocks (e.g. <assist yeti>) in this confusing new pvp environment?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Mar 2021 02:42

Raelle wrote:
12 Mar 2021 22:13
hi can someone clarify the use of fatigue poisons and creative use of mob blocks (e.g. <assist yeti>) in this confusing new pvp environment?
Uhh... good point. Guess we didn't think about fatigue poisons. I'll have to get back to you on that. It's pretty hard to kill someone with those, though? Unless it's a very small player?

As for blocking mobs, well, now when I read the common board note again, I realize that is a bit unclear. It just says "abilities, spells, and items that hinder movement". To clarify, we meant abilities, items and spells that PLAYERS can use to prevent other players from moving. NPCs will continue to function as normal. Don't wanna risk it? Stay away from those NPCs for a while.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 16 Mar 2021 22:22

Cherek wrote:
13 Mar 2021 02:42
To clarify, we meant abilities, items and spells that PLAYERS can use to prevent other players from moving. NPCs will continue to function as normal. Don't wanna risk it? Stay away from those NPCs for a while.
As the topic is PVP, I doubt anyone could misunderstand and believe NPCs are also robbed of this ability. :)

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 17 Mar 2021 00:14

Any good PVP player uses the environment to their advantage.

It's part of the huge PVP imbalance.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 17 Mar 2021 14:12

So when are we getting these things back? The changes have stopped, for the time being...
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Mar 2021 18:55

Taro wrote:
17 Mar 2021 14:12
So when are we getting these things back? The changes have stopped, for the time being...
Carnak is, as you know, working on spellcaster balance. I hope we will be able to re-enable the PVP tools along with the next "patch", which I think will come fairly soon. As you know we wizards rarely want to make promises of specific dates, but the goal is of course to complete these major changes as soon as possible, and don't leave some players in a "void" waiting for updates. The less time we spend in that void, the better.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 27 Mar 2021 10:49

Cherek wrote:
13 Mar 2021 02:42

Uhh... good point. Guess we didn't think about fatigue poisons. I'll have to get back to you on that. It's pretty hard to kill someone with those, though? Unless it's a very small player?
The poison doesnt kill.
The fatigue poison prevents a player from running away, which is what the OP was about.
If the fatigue poion is strong, and reduces a players stamina in a very short time, it might be very lethal for the biggest players.
And ofc, almost exactly the same effect as the other 'stopping players from running' situations.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 11 Apr 2021 13:29

How about a door and a key?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Apr 2021 16:17

Mim wrote:
11 Apr 2021 13:29
How about a door and a key?
I think it would be hard to disable all doors and similar "trap"-locations in the game, so they will remain. Besides, I think things are stable enough now to enable the movement stuns again. When that happens, there will be a common board post, though. But I think there really is no reason to keep them disabled any longer.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/