Beta caster system..

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Carnak
Wanderer

Beta caster system..

Post by Carnak » 07 Jun 2021 03:15

Code: Select all

Greetings Folks,

I have begun releasing the new caster system. The first
patch is currently active for the Morgul Mages in a beta
capacity. If no issues are found, we will continue to
release the patch to other guilds in an orderly fashion.

This first patch handles the merging of the caster and
melee balance. In this patch, you may find changes to
targetting, stat scaling, hit chance, and much more.

The future patches for the caster system will change how
resistance affects your spells and how the resource cost
(such as mana) is calculated.

During this initial period, we will further analyze the
effects of the changes and tweak as necessary. This will
include the re-balancing of a number of effects, such as
the teleport spell.

For those of you who are playing a Morgul Mage. If you
discover anything out of order, or have any comments on
the changes, please contact me.

Best regards,
Carnak

Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Beta caster system..

Post by Thalric » 07 Jun 2021 12:55

Why is it that this wasn't given to the WoHS?
They're actually neutral and outside any kind of wars...

There are also more of them, so test results could be gained faster.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Jun 2021 16:04

Thalric wrote:
07 Jun 2021 12:55

Maybe because MM's are more methodic and accurate?
Also the guild that most needed the patch.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Jun 2021 16:20

Yes, as Amberlee said, MM was identified as the guild that we feel probably needed it the most (together with WoHS), but MM is also technically a simpler guild. EC has five different branches, and both WoHS and EC have A LOT of spells and there are many different ways to play.

As for being neutral, in that regard WoHS could have been a better choice, but MM made more sense for the reasons above. And, to my knowledge, MM as a guild is not really actively engaged in any conflict right now? (except the usual thematic conflict in ME).

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 07 Jun 2021 18:17

Thalric wrote:

How about a "thank you wizards for taking the next step in balance work" instead of ungrateful whining?

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 07 Jun 2021 18:29

Chanele wrote:
07 Jun 2021 18:17
Thalric wrote:

How about a "thank you wizards for taking the next step in balance work" instead of ungrateful whining?
I guess that was something new I learned today...
I thought questions was a way to learn, but apparently it is ungrateful whining.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 07 Jun 2021 18:47

It depends on many factors but in what context and who is asking them is a big difference.

You learn new things everyday, you are welcome.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 08 Jun 2021 08:32

There must be various reasons MM was chosen in order to test the new framework for magic and that is more than fine, they already sacrificed something important and are now the Wizards' guinea pigs so power to them.

Since this is openly a testing situation I suggest making them unable to attack players or be attacked by them, unless it's staged specifically for testing reasons and does not actually affect either player.

Besides that, I must say that considering various caster characters were practically forced to go on a hiatus while waiting for the reestablishment of their guild, one would expect that if nothing breaking happens that is not MM-specific the new magic system wouldn't take more than few days to affect the rest of us. Is that realistic? You would never say such specifics as a volunteering force of course (I dodge deadlines for a living I have an idea :D ) so I guess I'd rather ask it like "That's the logic right?".

p.s. It was high time we get a "by Sunday(TM)" haha

Redblade
Adept

Post by Redblade » 08 Jun 2021 11:36

Cherek wrote:
07 Jun 2021 16:20
Yes, as Amberlee said, MM was identified as the guild that we feel probably needed it the most (together with WoHS), but MM is also technically a simpler guild. EC has five different branches, and both WoHS and EC have A LOT of spells and there are many different ways to play.

As for being neutral, in that regard WoHS could have been a better choice, but MM made more sense for the reasons above. And, to my knowledge, MM as a guild is not really actively engaged in any conflict right now? (except the usual thematic conflict in ME).
I wouldn't say the "usual thematic conflict in ME" is to be taken as "not really actively engaged in any conflict." It's a guild war. With rules that we adhere to, like keeping it to ME (even though they aren't written down anywhere). But it's a war. It's like saying Knights aren't really actively engaged in a conflict with DA on their warzones... :) Doesn't matter though :D

But! It does sound like making the patch for MM was the least complicated and perhaps most needed. I can imagine PoT have a similar level of spell-complexness, but perhaps needed it less. Glad to hear there's progress! Any idea when the rest of us could expect changes? It took some (well-invested, hopefully) time to get the patch for (don't take this wrong) the "simplest to patch" caster guild. When can WoHS or EC expect their patches? When can the rest of us? Layman casters, hybrid casters and the like. :)

Once more, cheers for the patch!
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/