Khalakhor News

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: Khalakhor News

Post by nils » 26 Jul 2021 08:58

So what you're saying is, anyone who wishes to alert the liege of a domain of a problem must spend 20+ minutes of boat rides to and fro to do so. Due to what? Principle? Spite?

There's a problem with the joining process of guild X (In this particular case, the only guild in the domain), perhaps it's worth a look?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Jul 2021 12:23

There is a problem with going through the normal/intended channels. It's the least efficient way in getting things through.

I heard back from a bug report recently, glad someone looks at those but from what I have experienced bugs reported via mail (in a personal or not tone) or writing on discord has a much higher priority in practice.

Suggestions on the suggestions board are nice and all but chatting about things on discord gains more traction and may get a wizard interested/involved. Does it statistically mean something gets implemented? Not sure but at least it sparks a conversation instead of gathering dust on a board (of course it might be just that suggestions are horrible hehe).

Patiently waiting for a guild update and maybe writing on a guild board about it is nice, but sending a personal mail to the wizard is deemed more effective.

In general, the more intrusive and demanding the approach the more it seems to work, which is an awful trend. Being polite enough to wait your turn is practically punished by never getting your turn, and wizards deal with demanding mortals instead which might not be the most pleasing.

A call to return to the normal channels should be very welcome, in my opinion. The forum is one too as I understand it, but if there exists a more specified one like <bug> it should take priority.

P.S. In describing the situation as I perceive it above I did not mean there's any kind of preference or anything, just that the situation has grown into that status.

Tapakah
Wizard

Post by Tapakah » 26 Jul 2021 12:53

nils wrote:
26 Jul 2021 08:58
So what you're saying is, anyone who wishes to alert the liege of a domain of a problem must spend 20+ minutes of boat rides to and fro to do so. Due to what? Principle? Spite?

There's a problem with the joining process of guild X (In this particular case, the only guild in the domain), perhaps it's worth a look?
Message repeats:
I have never worked with Blademaster code. I wouldn't even know where to start.
'bug' report in game gives a precise indication of the problematic object. It alerts me immediately and it persists in the issue queue of the domain. This is my bug tracker queue, I don't have any other bug tracking system. Moreover this tracking system has been enhanced, it's easy and effective to work with.

I inherited a queue with 63 bugs and typos. 62 were resolved, 63rd requires a major rewrite that is in progress. Since I became Liege, 27 more were filed, and all of them are now resolved.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Jul 2021 12:55

That's awesome :) Thank you!

Tapakah
Wizard

Post by Tapakah » 26 Jul 2021 12:57

Drazson wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:23
There is a problem with going through the normal/intended channels. It's the least efficient way in getting things through.

I heard back from a bug report recently, glad someone looks at those but from what I have experienced bugs reported via mail (in a personal or not tone) or writing on discord has a much higher priority in practice.

Suggestions on the suggestions board are nice and all but chatting about things on discord gains more traction and may get a wizard interested/involved. Does it statistically mean something gets implemented? Not sure but at least it sparks a conversation instead of gathering dust on a board (of course it might be just that suggestions are horrible hehe).

Patiently waiting for a guild update and maybe writing on a guild board about it is nice, but sending a personal mail to the wizard is deemed more effective.

In general, the more intrusive and demanding the approach the more it seems to work, which is an awful trend. Being polite enough to wait your turn is practically punished by never getting your turn, and wizards deal with demanding mortals instead which might not be the most pleasing.

A call to return to the normal channels should be very welcome, in my opinion. The forum is one too as I understand it, but if there exists a more specified one like <bug> it should take priority.

P.S. In describing the situation as I perceive it above I did not mean there's any kind of preference or anything, just that the situation has grown into that status.
Well, we've got an old school new Liege here that offers his preferred communication way and explains why. I always reply to a personal in-game mail, and I wish the bug handling tool had a communications interface built in as well.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 31 Jul 2021 00:13

I've removed a bunch of off-topic and rude-ish posts (including my post that started the off-topic discussion, even if it wasn't my intention at all). Let's keep this thread about Khalakhor, and if you want to discuss that other "hot" issue, please start a new thread. But keep it civil this time.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/