Carrying capacity and fatigue

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cotillion
Site Admin

Carrying capacity and fatigue

Post by cotillion » 23 Aug 2021 12:50

Code: Select all

A fix has been implemented for an issue which resulted in
fatigue not being properly applied when moving in some areas
for players with a low level of encumbrance.

In a related change the scaling of carrying capacity spells
has been adjusted to provide less absurd benefits on overweight
myths.

- Cotillion

Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Carrying capacity and fatigue

Post by Thalric » 23 Aug 2021 14:22

I didn't know Genesis took part in fat-shaming. :shock: :mrgreen:

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 24 Aug 2021 16:10

Hello,
When we are at carrying capacity isssue, I'd like to ask: would it be a big problem to fix the weight of a glass vial?

I know my compare is not exact but according to it a vial weights 260g. Making a potion reduces this weight significantly - potions weight.. from 8 to 80 grams. This looks a bit silly, but it has also practical consequences. As a caster I must carry alot of things - hundreds and thousands of herbs, shards, potions, vials... 100+ vials is a norm - so 26kg.. is it really necessary for them to weight so much?
Kind regards,
Val

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 24 Aug 2021 20:37

Basically what you've done is actively searched for a problem that nobody complained about and solved it. However, by doing so you've unintentionally made the game worse for those who are struggling to find their sea legs, while those of us who've had them for a while, notice little to no change.

You've decreased playability for our youngsters while we're all still adjusting to the new realities of white hits and magical discrepancies - an err in judgement the adjective "severe" merely scratches the surface of whatever chasm there exists between those who develop and those who actually play the game.

Meanwhile there are pressing matters at hand; guilds that are out of control and skill-related issues that remain untouched for reasons I struggle to comprehend. It shouldn't take a genius to understand that when you make too many changes at once, the game becomes unrecognizable to many, and the conlusion that "this isn't the game I love anymore" draws closer and closer.

At this point, I'd seek out and correct things that people have actually pointed the floodlights at, rather than look for new angles that aren't "real enough" in a world full of heroes.

This isn't a life simulator. Who cares if a newbie can carry a bit more? Looting fucking sucks.
Last edited by nils on 24 Aug 2021 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Riva
Apprentice

Post by Riva » 24 Aug 2021 20:46

Val wrote:
24 Aug 2021 16:10
Hello,
When we are at carrying capacity isssue, I'd like to ask: would it be a big problem to fix the weight of a glass vial?

I know my compare is not exact but according to it a vial weights 260g. Making a potion reduces this weight significantly - potions weight.. from 8 to 80 grams. This looks a bit silly, but it has also practical consequences. As a caster I must carry alot of things - hundreds and thousands of herbs, shards, potions, vials... 100+ vials is a norm - so 26kg.. is it really necessary for them to weight so much?
Kind regards,
Val
I second this. Potions in general are unreasonably heavy compared to other spell components. If I can carry large numbers of other drinks on me and notice no difference why are potions different?

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 25 Aug 2021 03:40

Riva wrote:
24 Aug 2021 20:46
Val wrote:
24 Aug 2021 16:10
Hello,

Kind regards,
Val
I second this. Potions in general are unreasonably heavy compared to other spell components. If I can carry large numbers of other drinks on me and notice no difference why are potions different?
I agree that it's stupid. But tactically, you only need one empty vial, if you're willing to do the prep work. You can mix only one potion at a time, afterall.

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 25 Aug 2021 09:36

sylphan wrote:
25 Aug 2021 03:40
I agree that it's stupid. But tactically, you only need one empty vial, if you're willing to do the prep work. You can mix only one potion at a time, afterall.
Of course it is possible. As well as making more potions I do not need, to make vials lighter and emptying them when I need them. Or quaffing 50 potions, leaving the vials and returning to the guild every 2 hours to quaff new ones. Finding some solutions is one issue, fixing something is another thing, I believe the empty vial is just too heavy.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 28 Aug 2021 18:10

nils wrote:
24 Aug 2021 20:37
Basically what you've done is actively searched for a problem that nobody complained about and solved it. However, by doing so you've unintentionally made the game worse for those who are struggling to find their sea legs, while those of us who've had them for a while, notice little to no change.

You've decreased playability for our youngsters while we're all still adjusting to the new realities of white hits and magical discrepancies - an err in judgement the adjective "severe" merely scratches the surface of whatever chasm there exists between those who develop and those who actually play the game.

Meanwhile there are pressing matters at hand; guilds that are out of control and skill-related issues that remain untouched for reasons I struggle to comprehend. It shouldn't take a genius to understand that when you make too many changes at once, the game becomes unrecognizable to many, and the conlusion that "this isn't the game I love anymore" draws closer and closer.

At this point, I'd seek out and correct things that people have actually pointed the floodlights at, rather than look for new angles that aren't "real enough" in a world full of heroes.

This isn't a life simulator. Who cares if a newbie can carry a bit more? Looting fucking sucks.
I mean... he aint wrong :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/